Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
I get that every once in awhile but goes away and works fine after 30 seconds or so. No Idea what causes it

·
Registered
517 Posts
I don't get that but on occasion my volume holds at a very low sound level despite turning the knob to increase the sound. Turning the car off and restarting doesn't help. After time though it works as normal.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Happens to me in middle of summer so I guess I have ac to low 🙂

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would get this every time my satellite radio updated the channels. If I left the car and went back later in the day, the issue would always resolve itself. 2017 Hurrican.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Txs for all your replies, mine doing same thing with volume super low, just went
out there and it's working.

I am looking at putting new speakers in and would like to put A speaker that comes with upgraded sound system as it has another speaker location between the seats on back rear panel.
Im looking for ideas, would like it to look like it belongs with car and not some cheap looking grill. Any thoughts?
I took pic of my door speaker to show grill pattern.
Maybe order stock speaker grill that comes with premium system.
The location is center and your eyes just go to it. Was thinking of something special but not over done. Maybe a leather material , bull design , i don't know lol. Maybe someone has done already?
Saw a car on YT and it was fiberglass but it had a bright color that stood out in a negative way.
Heres pic of factory parts, you can see the 2 different rear panels, one with no speaker cutout above CD player and one with.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
My HP and my Urus both do it...but it's only for a few seconds on startup.

·
Vendor
1,887 Posts
Txs for all your replies, mine doing same thing with volume super low, just went
out there and it's working.

I am looking at putting new speakers in and would like to put A speaker that comes with upgraded sound system as it has another speaker location between the seats on back rear panel.
Im looking for ideas, would like it to look like it belongs with car and not some cheap looking grill. Any thoughts?
I took pic of my door speaker to show grill pattern.
Maybe order stock speaker grill that comes with premium system.
The location is center and your eyes just go to it. Was thinking of something special but not over done. Maybe a leather material , bull design , i don't know lol. Maybe someone has done already?
Saw a car on YT and it was fiberglass but it had a bright color that stood out in a negative way.
Heres pic of factory parts, you can see the 2 different rear panels, one with no speaker cutout above CD player and one with.
You do realize that you will need an aftermarket amp to drive the speakers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2018 580-2 and have been experiencing this for more than a year, through intermittently. It affects only Satellite Radio; FM and AM work fine. It's very annoying, and turning the car on and off doesn't fix it. But if I leave the car for 10-20 minutes and come back, it works fine. I've taken it 3 times to the dealer; they've even replaced the MMI unit with a supposedly "redesigned" one (had to wait 3 months for it), and the problem is still there. When this happens, switch to FM, raise or lower the volume, then switch back to Satellite Radio. I know, it's a pain, but I gave up on the dealer. The car is due for its second annual service next month, and I'm taking it to another dealer. I'll see if they come up with a solution (or the cause of the problem!).
It's a good thing that the sound of the engine, especially with the top down is the best audio one can have. Who needs Satellite Radio?! :)

·
Registered
11,938 Posts
I have a 2018 580-2 and have been experiencing this for more than a year, through intermittently. It affects only Satellite Radio; FM and AM work fine. It's very annoying, and turning the car on and off doesn't fix it. But if I leave the car for 10-20 minutes and come back, it works fine. I've taken it 3 times to the dealer; they've even replaced the MMI unit with a supposedly "redesigned" one (had to wait 3 months for it), and the problem is still there. When this happens, switch to FM, raise or lower the volume, then switch back to Satellite Radio. I know, it's a pain, but I gave up on the dealer. The car is due for its second annual service next month, and I'm taking it to another dealer. I'll see if they come up with a solution (or the cause of the problem!).
It's a good thing that the sound of the engine, especially with the top down is the best audio one can have. Who needs Satellite Radio?! :)
I will pass this on to him. Thanks mate.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It's software problem caused by ancient I/O design for PnP (plug and play). Radio, bluetooth, etc are all treated as PnP in a circuit board. They need to house them all in one chip or have someone to rewrite the software.

If you are familiar with PC, imagine you plug in new mice but the OS needs to initialize / detect / install drivers every time. It's the same for this car.

·
Registered
549 Posts
This is the reason my Satellite Radio has only been on twice(OK, maybe only once, it was on when they delivered the car) in the 18+months I've had the car. I loaded the jukebox with my music and then turn the volume down.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You do realize that you will need an aftermarket amp to drive the speakers.
Yes looking into that amp, speakers, basically keep stock radio and update the rest. I do love music once settled on highway. Yes spirited driving is with top down or rear window opened, great feature when its cold out for hearing sound of the car. Yes best sound is the car, main reason for buying it.
But there are times i like music, that's when I'm not driving spirited, lol.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Here's what I did...and it made the difference for me. Great sound, tons of power /headroom and much better and tighter bass...

https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f202/audio-upgrade-question-206001/

The AMP/ DSP is fully configurable and EQ programmable. All was done using the factory speaker holes/ grills and there is NO evidence of anything aftermarket, except for the sound.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I looked online and found Lambo factory upgraded stereo system and got picks of were speaker will go between the seats. Audio guy recommends taking panels off first and measure everything before recommending components. Makes sense,
I explained i wanted a clean, stealthy like stock install, no cutting door panels up. Back rear cover i might install like stock upgrade system has.
So if aftermarket speaker fits behind back panel cover then i would go for a stock look like the pictures. Installer also said he has nice speaker grill he uses on Porches and Ferraris and customers like it.
So thats what im looking into now, have to get measurements first. Does anyone have any advice on getting door panels off and rear deck off? Not familiar with how there held on , maybe someone has taking these off before or has a link.
Im assuming i should take out at least one seat to get rear deck cover off?

This last pick appears to be a speaker that didn't fit behind cover and maybe made box for it?. Or else its older stock design , not familiar with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Why wouldn't you just go to a high-end installer who's done these cars before? I have the experience and expertise to do it myself, having been a former high end car audio shop owner, but went to a very high end installer who could do this in their sleep. I figure I'm spending over 400k on the car, so I should use only the most experienced installer for something like this. Removing door panels might be easy with the right panel popper and knowing where the clips are, but the installer who's done this on a regular basis had way more capability than me on a job like this. Just sayin'...

Break a panel and you've just cost yourself thousands.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes my installer is a pro, just not me. Was trying to save time and pop panels off myself, after that he's doing the rest.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts