Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m getting the supercarservice protection grill installed on my performante next week so will give an update once it’s done. Looks like a very good product

·
Registered
139 Posts
They have carried on supplying the latest Huracan models without any protection, I guess condenser and radiators sales combined with the labour to install these parts is far more profitable for them!

Anyway , we care about lambos and the owners and have our own protection kits!
What do these three radiators cool?

Center?
Left?
Right?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Stupid question (and I expect an honest answer): How much do these grilles impact airflow to the radiators? If you say zero %, I know that you are lying, so please provide a precise number (I assume you had some testing done). Why am I asking? Because I talked to a Lamborghini tech during an event and he explained why there is no protective mesh/grille. This guy has been honest with, I guess, everything he said (some things he said were verifiable).

So how much do these aftermarket grilles impact airflow/cooling? 5%? 10%? 20%? Thank you.

·
Registered
18 Posts

our recent install was for a member here on his new perfromante spyder....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxxFIV5na2L/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
Does the installation of the grilles require any modification / cutting of the front bumper or otherwise? Ie can it be reverted to stock with no evidence of install?

In the UK, Just like Porsche, any modification whatsoever apparent at the time of extended warranty purchase (just an insurance policy sold by the dealer as agent for the insurer) will not permit the purchase of a dealer level warranty extension (completely different from the new car warranty and the new car extended warranty if bought at first registration).

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Stupid question (and I expect an honest answer): How much do these grilles impact airflow to the radiators? If you say zero %, I know that you are lying, so please provide a precise number (I assume you had some testing done). Why am I asking? Because I talked to a Lamborghini tech during an event and he explained why there is no protective mesh/grille. This guy has been honest with, I guess, everything he said (some things he said were verifiable).

So how much do these aftermarket grilles impact airflow/cooling? 5%? 10%? 20%? Thank you.
It wouldn't matter... I had severe damage on my 911 TTS... weeks after I got it, and it was a 2k repair, from a stone that hit my AC rad. I installed grills and engine temps never increased. People I know who've added the same mod and who track their 911's, see no increase in temps either. I seriously doubt you'd feel any negative impact with these grills, but not having them will one day, cost you a rad.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi, a valid question indeed and not a stupid one!

The flow testing in our dyno has not shown any restriction, we could say 5%.
We have Huracan Performante's running on nurburg ring daily and they have had no heat mamangement or airflow issues, infact the opposite has been observed.

With out the grilles the fins bend and get damaged resulting in 70-90% blockage of airflow, with our grille the fins are protected and almost no damage had been shown in the cars running extreme speed chasing other cars that flick up dbris and tones, and over some time now. The grilles also have been holding very well with the powder coating preserving the gloss black finish.

I was at the factory with the designers who were impressed at the fit and finish, the said the grilles looked like an oem item, well built and discreet, staying inline with the clean look of the Huracan.

This is what a non protected condenser looks like, 90% of the surface area and fins are damaged blocking airflow! Attached behind this condenser is the coolant radiator for the engine!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwSBW-5FOXp/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
5% would be acceptable if you don't run the car in an extremely hot climate on the track. For 99% of the owners, this should be the case and yes, the grilles look good and OEM, no doubt. Thanks for the (hopefully) honest answer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do you ship to the USA? How much lead time? I gotta ask the dealership to see if they're willing to install these at my next service interval coming up in a few months. I have no ability to install them myself haha.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’m getting the supercarservice protection grill installed on my performante next week so will give an update once it’s done. Looks like a very good product
Any update would be appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My 2019 Performante Spyder is being delivered next week and dealer is sourcing mine from AutoMods in Sarasota, Florida. Claims they have installed many of them and that they are sharp and well designed. Will post a follow-up after I take delivery.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'd be interested in purchasing the part from your USA source Interstate Motorsport. I briefly viewed their website and didn't see the part listed. Will wait until it arrives later and perhaps give them a call.
They have an interesting selection of cars in their inventory heh.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I received my set direct from @supercarservice (I'm in the UK).

The fit was correct and they went in no problem and no cutting or adjustment needed.

Good.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Order has been placed for the radiator grills, I will post again when they are received and installed. Keep you guys posted!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts