Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my a/c does not seem to be as cold as it was before on my 2010 gallardo.... i am trying to isolate the problem. are both radiatior fans that are located on each front end the same type of fan? are they the same size? when they are running, do they both turn at similar speeds? i know that the passenger-side fan turns on when the a/c is switched on and the driver-side fan turns on when the engine temp gets kinda hot. the a/c fan is really loud and seems to be turning at a very high velocity but the driver-side fan is not at all like the other one. should i start thinking of replacing the driver-side fan?

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
how many miles do you have on the car. if you have close to 10-15k miles, you may need to change the cabin filter. if you smell something after AC is off, definitely change the filter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fan for the a/c is on the right hand side. should come on right when the a/c is turned on.
yes fan on right hand side (passenger side) turns on with a/c switch. however the other fan turns on when engine gets hotter which i think is correct. what bothers me is that it is not as loud or as strong as the a/c fan.... is this normal? thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the car is a 2011 model and only has a little over 2k miles. no weird smell inside. fan on left is not as strong as fan on right. the a/c also starts to get warm and malfunction as the engine gets hotter.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
the a/c also starts to get warm and malfunction as the engine gets hotter.
This is not normal. :( Is the car still under warranty? If so, I think its dealer time. If your fan for the A/c is working, you should be getting plenty of air to cool the condenser.

If not, maybe the R134a escaped? Your a/c seals may just need some seal "nourishment" with a certain additive, that I can't quite recall at this time.

I've read this happening to a few people here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey guys everything is ok already. thank you very much to all of you. the culprit was something we all did not think it would be... a soiled a/c pollution filter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts