Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a radar detector with the fancy aluminum mount that hooks to the rearview mirror. The mount is great but the cord going from the radar detector to the cigarette lighter socket sucks. Does anyone have a hardwire solution..? I purchased a hard wire kit but I can not really find a good way to route the wire from the rearview mirror to the fuse box on the passenger side foot well. any ideas will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
552 Posts
I recently installed a radar detector with the fancy aluminum mount that hooks to the rearview mirror. The mount is great but the cord going from the radar detector to the cigarette lighter socket sucks. Does anyone have a hardwire solution..? I purchased a hard wire kit but I can not really find a good way to route the wire from the rearview mirror to the fuse box on the passenger side foot well. any ideas will be greatly appreciated
Yes, of course! Your best route is to go from the passenger footwell up the back side of the triangle window to the A-pillar. It’s really hard to reach the very front of the A-pillar and it takes a huge amount of extra wire.

I had to use the same route when installing the stealth display for my CI inside the rear view mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all of the interior panels fit so tight and the headliner is so tight to the windshield it seems impossible

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think the passenger side foot well where the fuse box would be ideal..but I am wondering if power is available from the map light overhead console thingy? This sucks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Power the unit through the power lines for your dome light. There are several options for pre-made connectors that have small pins that will connect to the back of the factory dome light connector. There is no splicing of wires and is quite simple. Look on line for a mirror tap for your specific radar detector.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a radar jammer installed and looks like they tapped into the fuse block in the footwell. But it is always powered. I wonder if it would be better to have it connected to a source that only comes on when ignition is on?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have a radar jammer installed and looks like they tapped into the fuse block in the footwell. But it is always powered. I wonder if it would be better to have it connected to a source that only comes on when ignition is on?
It’s is super easy to change the fuse location to one that is only powered when the car is on. I can’t recall off the top of my head which one it was, but I connected mine to one of these and it’s perfect.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my car does not have any power going to the rearview mirror. I am not able to tap the back of the mirror. sucks

·
Registered
552 Posts
my car does not have any power going to the rearview mirror. I am not able to tap the back of the mirror. sucks
Fuse location 20 on my car was blank and only powered on with the key in the on position as well. That’s what I added to for a new Circuit for the radar.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I drilled a couple of holes in the dash and mounted mine right in the middle. Its easy to reach the buttons and no cable hanging down. I bet its probably easy to get power just under the center dash panel. I need to do that next

·
Registered
552 Posts
I drilled a couple of holes in the dash and mounted mine right in the middle. Its easy to reach the buttons and no cable hanging down. I bet its probably easy to get power just under the center dash panel. I need to do that next
Oh that makes me cringe...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts