Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know I'm a strong advocate of extreme usage at every given opportunity. Keeping the mileage down for more money on resale is pointless to me. I took delivery on 7/18/2021 with 1,688 miles. Fast forward some sixty days later and I've done a touch over 5k miles with the clock now sitting at 6,813 miles. Part of the joy of ownership to me is sharing the car. I've had countless kids sit in it and take pics at the gas station, grocery store or pretty much wherever. One of my favorite lines I like to say once they've taken a pic is to tell them to post it on their Instagram and say you won it in a card game. They get a kick out of that. Coming up next is a trip to Monterey, CA with my daughter.

Speedometer Car Gauge Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Wow that is great! I buy my cars to be driven also. Bought my car end of last November and it had 1,200 miles and now 6,700. Figure that is pretty good since didnt drive it much winters months and also had the Lotus and now RS5 so did a good amount of driving in those cars

Reactions: Ripper

·
Registered
146 Posts
Damn right. For me it boils down to this...if your a collector I get you don't want to put miles on it, but if you are not then whats point of buying the car and not driving it? This is especially for the models which are more "general" in release. Let's be honest I can't ever see my EVO RWD appreciating in the future by any meaningful amount. Even if does is it worth the couple BPS increase in exchange for me not being able to drive it? Forget that crap.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,300 Posts
There is a guy on IG called Ghostrider who has clocked over 100,000 miles on his 2017 Performante ( not a rental )

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
It’s funny, when I traded the 2RS a few years ago I racked up some miles on it in no time. In fact, I reached to the 2K mile break-in about 6 weeks. When I traded the car back to the dealership they wanted to know why there were so many miles on it and I just said......I thought these cars were meant to be driven? Then the SA backpedaled and said “oh yeah, I am glad you enjoyed it”. No he wasn’t, he wanted people that are “caretakers” to buy these cars not enthusiasts. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It’s funny, when I traded the 2RS a few years ago I racked up some miles on it in no time. In fact, I reached to the 2K mile break-in about 6 weeks. When I traded the car back to the dealership they wanted to know why there were so many miles on it and I just said......I thought these cars were meant to be driven? Then the SA backpedaled and said “oh yeah, I am glad you enjoyed it”. No he wasn’t, he wanted people that are “caretakers” to buy these cars not enthusiasts. :rolleyes:
Porsche and Lambo faire pretty well as far as mileage is concerned for the most part. Ferrari not so much at all. That was especially proven by Ferris Bueller.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
When I bought my car my intention was to put that unlimited mileage warranty to the test. The problem is I don't have that many places to go. You can't pack two weeks worth of stuff in there to take it on vacation, not that I would want to park it in various parking garages. Speaking of that, I suffer from parking paranoia. I put 4000 miles on it the first year, 3000 the second year, and now after three and a half years I am almost at 10,000 miles. The wife use to say, it uses too much gas, until I pointed out my car gets better mileage than her's does. I am all for driving these things. I've owned two garage queens and am done with saving the car for the next guy. I am taking a que from my son, he put 50,000 miles on his 911 in two and a half years, before it got wrecked. He plans on doing the same to his Boxster Spyder. Except for the wrecking part.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I look at my exotic cars as sunk cost. The memories are priceless and worth much more than saving coin on depreciation. It's an investment in my mental well-being and there's no price tag on that.
I always felt the same about cars being a sunk cost, but with all the hybridization expected to come, I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
436 Posts
As you know I'm a strong advocate of extreme usage at every given opportunity. Keeping the mileage down for more money on resale is pointless to me. I took delivery on 7/18/2021 with 1,688 miles. Fast forward some sixty days later and I've done a touch over 5k miles with the clock now sitting at 6,813 miles. Part of the joy of ownership to me is sharing the car. I've had countless kids sit in it and take pics at the gas station, grocery store or pretty much wherever. One of my favorite lines I like to say once they've taken a pic is to tell them to post it on their Instagram and say you won it in a card game. They get a kick out of that. Coming up next is a trip to Monterey, CA with my daughter.

View attachment 301976
I could not agree more with this statement. The best part of exotic car ownership is allowing others to get joy out of the cars as well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
When I bought my C7 I didn't even think of getting any money back, money was gone from my bank account. I drove 16,000 kms each year, I take it out every night if it's not raining, every weekend to get groceries. It seriously made my life enjoyable and realized I have a lot of catching up in the happiness department. :D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts