Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!!!!!

I need some advice from a few of you Sage's?

I brought my car into a Lambo Dealer in Denver, CO. They are the only repair facility in the state to my knowledge and the estimate was extremely high but I feel since I'm thinking of selling my one owner Gallardo with 30,000 miles on it, I have to fix it right. I know the car is worth probably in the 90's retail and high 70's trade (which I won't do).

Below was their quote and wondering does anyone have other solutions or price comparisons that would still be acceptable to a new 90k plus car buyer:

1. The rear spoiler is not working because the "Spoiler Drive" is stripped and requires replacement.
Cost: $3406.30+Tax

2. The front "Lift System" is leaking fluid which also shares fluid with the power steering fluid. Both front shocks are leaking fluid and require replacement.
Cost: $9075.00+Tax

3. There is an Engine oil leak coming from the front of the engine. We would need to replace the oil filter adapter seals underneath intake manifold assembly.
Cost: 1505.00+Tax

4. There is coolant leaking on the floor of the vehicle. There is a coolant hose leaking that will require replacement.
Cost: $432.50+Tax

Questions:
A. Is this fair
B. Any other solutions
C. Would you do all these repairs or discount the price by $10-14K?

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's an 2006 spyder
the Egear is good
on the floor of the garage the lifting mechanism is leaking a little bit when raised.
Not sure what you mean about deferred.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your thoughts. Very valuable.
The shocks are leaking, it goes up and down fine. but I think the dealer just believes to replace them. What do you think

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome to Lamborghini ownership. Not cheap to own not to cheap to fix. Ferrari lambo etc. thrill to own not cheap to keep. Not a DYI machine for a lot of ppl. Welcome to the high end world. I have had Ferrari porsche lambo. Stay with porsche it’s much cheaper. Lambo is like a woman. The better the women the harder to keep. Stay away from Bugatti or McLaren. unless you expect less but for more.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love my lambo. Can afford total rebuild. Or I wouldnt have bought it, the things with these machines IMO. Expect total rebuild or don’t buy it. Get lucky drive it right and get long lasting life. But expect to pay otherwise don’t buy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it's just self raising shocks that are leaking, isn't that easy to replace or is the lifting mechanism way more complex. $9k to fix that, they have to be replacing the whole system. But the only thing wrong is a little leaking out from the top of seal and only when it's in the lifted position.

What's your thoughts

(thanks again for that great advice)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would certainly have a conversation with both Todd Dotty (Mechanic) at Lambo of Denver and Scott Simpson (Owner) at 3ZERO3 Motorsports. As others have said, a second opinion doesn't hurt, and getting some clarification on what really needs to be replaced, or could something like the shocks be rebuilt. YMMV

·
Vendor
2,653 Posts
I'm pretty sure my shop would come pick your car up, enclosed carrier and fix it for way less. They are awesome and do whatever they can to help someone.

·
Vendor
2,653 Posts
I would think it makes more sense to replace the shocks with kw v3’s. That would actually be a upgrade when selling in my opinion. I’ve attached a picture
I'm a dealer for KW. Expensive but awesome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts