Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like i may have a leak from the drivers side valve cover. Anyone ever pull the cover and replace that gasket? Any tricks and tips before i dive in? I searched and haven't found any mentions of it.
Are the gaskets the same on these as the R8's? I have a local Audi dealer.. but no Lamborghini.

thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it finished.. if anyone ever searches for this.. the process is pretty simple once you know what to do.
This is for DRIVERS SIDE VALVE COVER
-remove oil breather lines. Pinch and pull off(3 total, one at the top of the valve cover, and two next to each other on the face of the valve cover to the right.
-remove coil packs.
-unplug tiny little plug attached to coil harness at the bottom of the valve cover. In between the valve cover and the manifold heat shield.
-remove fuel line from fitting that is attached to intake.
-remove fuel fitting from intake and move aside
-remove two T30 bolts from oil cooler line at the top of sump tank and pull the line out from sump.(allows you to gain 1 inch at the lower valve cover corner T30 bolt.)
-using a 4 inch long T20.. blindly remove the bolt inside the valve cover that holds the VVT sensor. use a small magnet to get the bolt out before pulling the sensor out. Pull the sensor out. Replace o ring on the sensor while you have it out.
-remove spark plugs
-loosen all the 16 T30 bolts on the valve cover.
** the lower right corner bolt is a nightmare. There is a hard oil line that prevents most all T30 bits and tools from getting on the bolt. If you loosen that oil line from the sump.. it will allow you a bit more room for a very flat ratchet using a T30 bit to crack it loose. Once you get the bolt half way out, you may need to switch to a stubby T30 because the ratchet will hit the oil line and not allow you to loosen further. A regular T30 socket will not work. You will need a T30 bit and the super low profile bit ratchet. Then have on deck a low profile T30 bit to loosen the rest of the way.
The valve cover bolts do not come out of the valve cover. They stay with the valve cover when it comes out.
-swing the coil pack harness up and over to the right
-you can then slide the valve cover up over and snake it out.

Im pretty sure thats about it. Most important things are removing the VVT sensor because you cannot lift the valve cover up and over it because of that hard oil line.

reinstall was super easy. Only nail biting part was reinstalling the VVT bolt... which ended up not being bad at all.
And plugging in that little connector for the coil back at the bottom of the valve cover between the heat shield.
The Torque specs and torque pattern are on this website in the 1600 page service manual. Its literally a half a page in that entire manual. lol.

Hope that helps anyone in the future.
If i missed any steps i"ll add them if i remember something

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Posts like this are extremely helpful for owners that run into issues like this. Thanks for the detailed write up!!!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts