Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When looking to purchase a lightly used Lambo Gallardo, Aventador or Huracan...how do you feel mods such as exhaust or intakes affect your perception of value? Are you more or less interested in say..a 2016 Huracan with low miles and a Fabspeed Exhaust over a non modified car? Does the brand of the modification have anything to do with it? For a long time a modded supercar was kinda frowned upon but I feel like things might've changed a bit with the advancements in R&D and warranties offered with many products.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
Those are many good and interesting questions. I tend to be less aggressive about modding a Lamborghini/supercars to avoid warranty concerns but I feel I am in the minority. Though, if I was going to purchase a preowned lambo and it had a Fabspeed Exhaust that would be a nice mod for me at least and would in no way be a deal breaker. Currently my Huracan has the "Sport Exhaust" which is good but not quite at the Fabspeed level. I also toy with the idea of getting the VF tune for the significant hp bump but doubt I would do a turbo mod but that is more a reflection of my cautious outlook.
Are you asking because you are scoping out a modded Lamborghini?

Registered
While I would NOT buy anything with a fabspeed product on it (after a horrible experience years ago), modified Lamborghinis are not frowned upon like Ferraris are. It helps if you have the stock parts to go with it for bolt on mods.

Reactions: DXM31

Premium Member
While I would NOT buy anything with a fabspeed product on it (after a horrible experience years ago), modified Lamborghinis are not frowned upon like Ferraris are. It helps if you have the stock parts to go with it for bolt on mods.
If you don't mind me asking, what bad experience did you have with Fabspeed?

Registered
I have modified every car/truck/motorcycle I have owned. The Huracan is the first I haven't...yet. The warranty runs out next year so, probably. The problem with modifying the Lamborghini the parts are stupid expensive and if you screw something up, it is expensive to fix it. I have always been a hands on kinda guy but nothing that cost this much when I screw up.

Premium Member
I have modified every car/truck/motorcycle I have owned. The Huracan is the first I haven't...yet. The warranty runs out next year so, probably. The problem with modifying the Lamborghini the parts are stupid expensive and if you screw something up, it is expensive to fix it. I have always been a hands on kinda guy but nothing that cost this much when I screw up.
I hear you. The way I feel how can you really improve a car with mods that looks, sounds, and drives like our Lamborghinis' do? A wing maybe but it slows the car down and may affect the handling. After market exhaust again maybe but these cars sound real good already. More hp like a VF tune or turbo possibly but these cars are plenty fast and for many of us they will never be fast enough. I guess it boils down to, for me at least, why chase a carrot if I already have a carrot cake.馃

Registered
Some people frown, but I think modern Lamborghini cars are common enough that people don't care as much. There are enough original cars out there that the modified cars are not erasing the originals. Turbo charge a Miura and people will lose their minds.

think a lot of people feel like the mods they make should increase value. Other than a high quality turbo conversion, mods have little to no effect on value. I would pay a little more for a car that had mods I like, but I would not touch a car that had mods I did not like.

Registered
If you don't mind me asking, what bad experience did you have with Fabspeed?
Long story short, they held MY parts for ransom.....plenty of stories about customer service issues over the years, go run a search and see.

Reactions: Lambo2018

Premium Member
Long story short, they held MY parts for ransom.....plenty of stories about customer service issues over the years, go run a search and see.
As recommended I did a search, and you are not kidding..........a fair amount of unflattering reviews and comments.

Reactions: Shark01

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
Exhaust mods are fine providing it is either the OEM Race exhaust or your warranty is up then any exhaust. Engine mods for me are a different issue, I wouldn't want them.

Registered
As recommended I did a search, and you are not kidding..........a fair amount of unflattering reviews and comments.
Right, and you run searches on Tubi or Capristo and you get none of that.

Reactions: Lambo2018

Premium Member

Registered
I think it has to do with the rarity and value of the car. My Jalpa will turn 10000 rpm and have over 500 hp when done. Will that hurt value? Not once they drive it. I am leaving my Murcie cold stock for now. I agree that really rare and special cars should not be modded but a Regular Gallardo for example...go for it.

Registered
Exhaust is essential IMO, these cars would come with more aggressive exhausts if not for regulations. Beyond that I am not a fan of modifying anything.

Premium Member
Exhaust is essential IMO, these cars would come with more aggressive exhausts if not for regulations. Beyond that I am not a fan of modifying anything.
Maybe but the sound of the "Sport Exhaust" on my Huracan is glorious! Never heard that beautiful sound in any of the Porsches I owned. In addition, Porsche cannot in anyway compete with the sublime esthetics of any of the Lamborghinis'.

Registered
In the no mods to very little mods club. My car is completely stock. Probably the only thing I would even consider is an exhaust.

Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
The "purist" mentality should only be saved for ultra editions. For instance, I would mod the crap out of a regular H or A, but I wouldn't touch anything on an SVJ or STO.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
I remember when I first decided to install the Race exhaust. I had Sport exhaust and I was quite satisfied. I knew a couple of people that had installed the Race exhaust and they convinced me that I was missing out on the full experience. So I installed it and realized that I was not only missing out on something very exciting, but it completely changed the driving "FUN FACTOR" exponentially. I cannot imagine the car without it. You can never know what you are missing if you never try it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts