Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My EVO was at the dealership for a week for service and when I got the car back I immediately placed it on the battery tender. It has been on the battery tender for 17 hours now and the battery is only 3/4 of the way to a full charge. It never takes that long to get back to a full charge. What could they have done to drain it so much? Could they have fried the battery or just be using battery power for the repairs when the vehicle was not running? Could they have damaged the battery in any way?
FYI, the car is only 3 months old. Thoughts?

Registered
hmm that is weird do you have a other tender to try and eliminate if it鈥檚 a battery or tender issue

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm that is weird do you have a other tender to try and eliminate if it鈥檚 a battery or tender issue
Not the kind that have that magnetic attachment like the new one does. Though, the tender worked fine up until the time I sent it for service. @Blu Bull mentioned that it can take up to 24 hours, and after a search and given the low amperage of the Lamborghini tenders it can take a while. They must have had power on when the car was not running for an extended period of time.

Registered
Albert i use ctek and usually it should take 24 hours.
But i never used the magnet style connector.
Is the magnet style connector the new way these cars are produced from the factory?
Make sure the connector is clean....when you attach.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But maybe the battery is very low ..does start up easily?
It does.....today I will take it out run it a bit, and I will also check the charger surfaces but I suspect it was just powered on and not running for an extended period of time. No one treats your cars the way you do......ever.

Registered
It does.....today I will take it out run it a bit, and I will also check the charger surfaces but I suspect it was just powered on and not running for an extended period of time. No one treats your cars the way you do......ever.
I agree maybe the car was left on by mistake....and agree no one looks after your stuff like owners do.
But run the car for a good drive.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree maybe the car was left on by mistake....and agree no one looks after your stuff like owners do.
But run the car for a good drive.
Well to close the loop it took 20 hours to reach full charge. Drove like a dream, the EVO is the real deal!

Reactions: 54Greg

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Epilogue, if you are going to have your Lamborghini serviced request it be kept on a charger while at the dealership especially if it is kept more than a day. Rest assured, in most cases, If you don't request it they won't do it. 馃攲

Registered
I had the same experience when my Aston was delivered from the dealership. Started fine when it was unloaded but on the next start 30 minutes later it struggled.

I hooked it up to a Schumacher battery charger that has considerably more output (6 amps up to 125 amps to jump vehicle if required) than a CTEK and it was fully charged in a few hours.

I now use a Optimate 6 which works much better than the CTEK did and it can put out up to 5 amps.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had the same experience when my Aston was delivered from the dealership. Started fine when it was unloaded but on the next start 30 minutes later it struggled.
There is really no excuse for the dealership not to hook up the car to a tender while performing their repairs/maintenance. When they do things like that it does not reflect well on either the service department or the dealership management.

Registered
Lambo2018 -

I fully agree that it does not reflect well on dealerships to forego the minor task of hooking up a trickle charger while in for service or at the very least make sure the battery is at 100% prior to pick up or delivery.

There is a reason the Vantage has an H8/49 battery as there is always daily parasitic drain and I鈥檓 sure the Lamborghini is the same.

When I had full paint correction, XPEL PPF and window tinting installed it took over a week. The owner was very diligent about placing my car on the Optima 6 charger while there. Thankfully he understands the special requirements of these vehicles and probably why other owners with Ferrari鈥檚, Lamborghini鈥檚, Lotus etc give him a lot of business.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I had full paint correction, XPEL PPF and window tinting installed it took over a week. The owner was very diligent about placing my car on the Optima 6 charger while there. Thankfully he understands the special requirements of these vehicles and probably why other owners with Ferrari鈥檚, Lamborghini鈥檚, Lotus etc give him a lot of business.
If it were my business I would do the same. It's just the right thing to do, the considerate thing to do. If they don't care enough about the small things why should we think they would be any more diligent about the more important things.

Reactions: Jetstream

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
I remember when I went to the dealer to inspect my new car and the mechanic was doing all the pre delivery prep work. I just wanted to get a few pics, and I noticed that the dash was fully lit up. I had no idea why or for how long, but I asked the mechanic should the ignition need to be on? He said, oh, no and I immediately reached in and shut it off. He was cleaning the wheels at the time.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I remember when I went to the dealer to inspect my new car and the mechanic was doing all the pre delivery prep work. I just wanted to get a few pics, and I noticed that the dash was fully lit up. I had no idea why or for how long, but I asked the mechanic should the ignition need to be on? He said, oh, no and I immediately reached in and shut it off. He was cleaning the wheels at the time.
Russ if he was washing his own car would he have it powered up........no excuse for that. Unless, he needed the extra cabin light to better see those wheels/rims. :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts