Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Aventador SuperVeloce in Rosso Bia
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I purchased my 1st Lamborghini about 2 months ago and loving every minute of it (2016 Aventador SV) ~ after renting the regular Aventador a few times a year.

I have some upcoming surgery that will prevent me from driving for about a month and so I have 2 questions about the car itself.

1. Is it safe to let the car be hooked up to the battery tender for a month (no driving) or does it need to be run idle every week or so for 15 minutes?

2. If the car is running at idle is there a risk to condensation forming / causing issues? From the oil being cool and not warming up enough. This might be a weird question, but my friend mentioned it to me since his Ferrari had a problem doing this so figured I’d ask to be safe.

I live in Fl so generally it’s warm but during these winter months it goes to 40-50s degrees.

thanks all for the help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tenders charge and maintain...no issues.When you start make sure you start to tempature where burns off
condensation.
always change oil yearly
thanks for the fast response, the oil was replaced prior to purchase so all good there. Otherwise great news in the tender not having an issue.

have a good Sunday!

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Saw on a video from Heather that always plug in tender to wall before attaching to car. Any other tips or words of wisdom regarding charging?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I live in the snow belt of Ohio. Car goes into hibernation on a tender right after Halloween and comes out right after Easter. Never touch it during this time. Put Stabil in a full tank of gas, add 10 lbs. of pressure to each tire and spread around some dryer sheets to keep the critters away. Have done this for 3 Lambos and they always crank right up in the spring and no problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live in the snow belt of Ohio. Car goes into hibernation on a tender right after Halloween and comes out right after Easter. Never touch it during this time. Put Stabil in a full tank of gas, add 10 lbs. of pressure to each tire and spread around some dryer sheets to keep the critters away. Have done this for 3 Lambos and they always crank right up in the spring and no problems.
That’s impressive that it can go so long and startup with no issues but I guess that’s the beauty of the tender working as expected.
Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
186 Posts
On the subject of winter hibernation — any recommendations for a good battery tender for a Gallardo (or ones to avoid)? I know most do the same things but cord length, clamp shape, etc might make a difference.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I would recommend a tender that cycles. Shumacher is the one I use. It is not as good for the battery to receive constant current. Healthier if the tender lets it dip a little between charges. This is pretty standard on battery tenders. I bought a $10 non-cycle tender and it worked fine. Splurge for a $25 charger and get one that cycles.

I now have one that is attached to the battery all of the time and rests on a little bracket secured under the battery. The charger has an electrical plug on it. All I have to do is pop the hood and plug it in. No device to worry about and no claws on cables. I have one on both of the fun cars. They can go months in the winter between starting and I never have any trouble.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,506 Posts
I thought it was the opposite, you plug into the wall then the car?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yes. Wall first then battery. Same when disconnecting, wall first then battery. Otherwise, you will get an error code on the charger. At least, that’s how all of mine have worked. I’ve had CTEK tenders and now the Lambo one that came with my Perf.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts