Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been seaching for a while without any luck on a stock size replacement for a 1998 diablo sv (235/35 zr18 and 335/30zr18). i can get a mixed match from pirelli in the same size (ie. p zero asimmetrico for the front and rossos for the rear). just wondering what some of you guys have done. Does the 245/35zr18 fit in the front of the Diablo (SV) or does it rub??

TIA

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
of course it goes w/o saying that it's such a disappointment that pirelli would discontinue making the tires so early (i think the 2001 6.0 had the same tires).

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
The pzero asimmetrico was around for many many years. Just becuase a tire is called "x" does not mean that the same construction / compound is used throughout the full size range. It may imply compatibility.

Maintaining proper sizing should be more of a concern that trying maintain theoretical compound / construction matching from front to rear.

-mick

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
zo6tosv said:
ive been seaching for a while without any luck on a stock size replacement for a 1998 diablo sv (235/35 zr18 and 335/30zr18). i can get a mixed match from pirelli in the same size (ie. p zero asimmetrico for the front and rossos for the rear). just wondering what some of you guys have done. Does the 245/35zr18 fit in the front of the Diablo (SV) or does it rub??

TIA
I talked with a 98SV owner who had put the slightly larger new "Rosso" tires on his front wheels and he said "no rub".

·
Registered
377 Posts
I had same issue on the 99 DIablo replacement tires, they stopped making the PZero Rossi and went to the PZero Rossi Assymetric...or vicea versa....same size as factory though....they work awesome...sometimes it sucks dealing with tire factory's and their discontinuation of tires...I know thay are not cheap either...

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
zo6tosv said:

TIA
Forget the PZero Assimetrico, the Rosso is the way to go. Definitely easier to find than the now discontinued Assimetrico. The next size bigger (245) is not a problem for the SV. I've put more than 4k mile on my PZero Rosso in that size without problems or rubbing. This size was recommended to me by Platinum (Lambo of OC).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts