Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Team!

Picked up a 14 50th Anniversary Aventador, with about 4800 miles on it.

*Lets quad turbo it

I am starting this thread to work through the adventure of quad turboing this car, and leaving all other things stock (except ECU and water coolers, etc. etc.) (No engine/Tranny Mods except upgraded clutch).

1. Why quad turbo?
Very fast spool time, better mapping, better control between the 4 throttle bodies, and all around better performance.
Twin turbos are slower to spool, have mapping issues with 4 intake manifolds as certain intake manifolds get different pressure ratings with twin turbos, rather than 4 matches quads.
The ability to control 3 cylinders at a time to map all 12 cylinders will be crucial.

2. Ill post pics and building it as we go, please keep comments to positive! :)

First step that I need from the team!

1. I need someone to help me map and ecu/tcm tune to aventador, I am will to fly someone up here (Middle of USA) from anywhere in the world to help tune this car.

2. From a manufacturing standpoint, I have that covered with a crew.

3. Does anyone know anyone with a quad turbo aventador or twin turbo one that I could speak to?

Thank you team!

Here she is! :)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Congratulations! That is so stealth and beautiful. I would just want to drive for awhile before putting it into surgery.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
What kind of hp bump will you get?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiya team! Probably 4 to 500 hp increase. Its 720 hp now, hoping for 1200, but don't wanna go over 7psi boost.

As far as the sound of the turbo charging....I'm sure it sounds badass haha

I'll make a video when done :)

Hoping to be done jan 2021 :)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I'll make a video when done :)

Hoping to be done jan 2021 :)
Wow 2021 it must be an epic production........who's directing Steven Spielberg? ;)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Sounds very exciting. We will be looking forward to seeing and hearing your beast when it’s done.

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
209 Posts
@Lambodom1 - Your build amazing, I'm excited to hear more about it. You're doing all the work yourself? That's beyond my expertise, but it's still really cool to see.

@CFI Designs That's a good looking kit. Is a similar kit for sale? I didn't see it listed on your website. What kind of power does it make? The Aventador is fast, but not ridiculously fast haha.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Amazing CFI!

That thing is stylish!

Did you use stock ecu? Or motec?

I am using emtron as a piggy back. the market isnt big for aventadors maybe that will change in the future. Emtron and motec are the only ecus on the market that can control 4 throttle bodies. We were going to run just the stock ecu but without proper knock control on an expensive motor it wasnt an option i wanted to settle with. Also im running e85 so i wanted that flex fuel option.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
@CFI Designs, wow that is some interesting engine bay detail. I know someone that is having fun! (y)

·
Registered
309 Posts
@Lambodom1 - Your build amazing, I'm excited to hear more about it. You're doing all the work yourself? That's beyond my expertise, but it's still really cool to see.

@CFI Designs That's a good looking kit. Is a similar kit for sale? I didn't see it listed on your website. What kind of power does it make? The Aventador is fast, but not ridiculously fast haha.
yes it eventually will be. with map switching through the factory switches on the center console as well as anti lag. took some time doing the can data engineering but we are almost there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

BRU - yuppers, I am blessed by having great friends and acquaintances like yourself to help build it.

I also assembled a crew that actually designed the engine back in the day, as well as helped build Pagani and Bugatti, and that is a story for another time lol. Please don't ask for names as they wanna remain in the background but encouraged me to work within a forum to gain a following for this build, and engage lambo lovers!

I wanna be the first to do quad turbos on an aventador. And then possibly continue to build more and more as a small side business. As my main business is busy enough haha

1 - 20 of 48 Posts