Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my PreLP engine from the machine shop. I had sleeves put in because I did not like the look of all the scratches in the cylinders.
The purpose of the rebuild was to put in forged piston rods. The sleeves is more like a necessary bonus 馃槅
I鈥檒l will try to post som pictures of the progress here. I鈥檝e never rebuild an engine, but I have good help from a friend who is a former engine builder at Koenigsegg 馃槉
So far the engine block have been installed in the stand and cleaned.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Hood

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Wow, that looks like an ambitious project. We look forward to pictures as the rebuild progresses, best of luck!

Registered
SL #7007
Keep us updated!!! I hope the rebuild goes smoothly!!

Registered
Yeay! A Swedish project! Happy to see - will follow it closely!

...and that car behind the engine... what is that? I think I recognize some lines of Detomaso Pantera, but I'm not sure at all...

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
I always wonder how these guys who tackle huge projects like this have time to do it? After a day of work I'm beat.
I hear you! It makes me exhausted just thinking about it. :giggle: OP is rocking and rolling, good for him!

Reactions: Devo

Registered
I always wonder how these guys who tackle huge projects like this have time to do it? After a day of work I'm beat.
When you love the technology, design and wrenching part as much or even MORE than the driving part... you will not get tired. You will look forward to it.

Just like you crave to drive yours... Some long to just wrench on theirs.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
When you love the technology, design and wrenching part as much or even MORE than the driving part... you will not get tired. You will look forward to it.

Good point. That鈥檚 the way I feel about car detailing, a fun hobby.

Reactions: Devo

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeay! A Swedish project! Happy to see - will follow it closely!

...and that car behind the engine... what is that? I think I recognize some lines of Detomaso Pantera, but I'm not sure at all...

Yeah, it鈥檚 kind of a DeTomaso Panthera. Or at least it used to be. Not sure how much is left. A lot has been rebuild or replaced with scrapped parts from the Koenigsegg bin 馃槃
And it鈥檚 the mother of all engine swaps.. The Koenigsegg engine swap 馃槂

He made a short film about his finished project:

Registered
I think the secret is not to have a deadline. Wrench a little when you have time and feel like it 馃槉

Sure depending on your body type and health.

Most days my work is like a marathon, physical and mental. Even though I wish I could do this or that in the evenings nope. I do wrench to get my truck or car back on the road but doing a huge projects like this nowadays I would have to completely stop working and concentrate my time on the project.

All I can do is take a nap and go take a drive in the evening, that relaxes me and doesn't sap my energy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Today we put in the oil injection nozzles, new main bearings, crankshaft and the bottom half. And we balanced all the parts in the piston/connecting rods assembly. We got it to 0,15g difference between the lightest and the heaviest. Very pleased with that. Then we put in 4 pistons.
The crankshaft rotates very light when no pistons are attached.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Gas Auto part

Nozzels

Engineering Auto part Automotive wheel system Gas Machine

Crankshaft in

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Thanks for the update. How long do you project it will take to complete the engine?

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
I hope I can drive it down to Italy this summer. The engine build is progressing nicely now that we got the engine block back from the machine shop.
It appears like you have the build all properly mapped out and it is progressing nicely. (y)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts