Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm watching the video "Running with the Bulls" last night for the first time. At a scheduled gas stop I saw guy putting gas in his Diablo with the pump handle upside down? Silly question, but is that correct? I notice the tank is real low and has a strange bend in the neck, you almost have to get on your knees to get the nozzle in right.

What say you?

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
I don't know, but I've gotten the nozzel stuck in there a few times, and had a heck of a time getting it out, maybe upside down prevents that??

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Do you guys have the vapor recovery seals on the pump handles? Its a major pain with them and the diablo. Many pumps 'cut off' becuase the seal is not right or the flow appears restricted to the pump. Turning the handle upside down sometimes works better... Then again exxon pumps are the only ones I can reliable use and get a full fill without any cut offs.

-mick

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fuel In Diablo

That May Have Been Me In The Video, Yes Do To The Angle Of
The Fuel Neck It Is Easer With Some Nozzles To Fill The Tank
With The Nozzle Upside Down ( 99 & Down Modles). Was Pain
In The --- To Fill 55 Cars In One Hour Even With Five Or Six
Guys Helping. But The Running Of The Bulls Was Alot Of Fun,
No Speed Limits Or Stop Lights And No Chance Of Tickets. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mick, you're right. I have a nightmare of a time with most pumps that constantly click off time after time. Shell pumps usually work OK too once you get the nozzle in just the right position. I think Mobil is the worst. I've had the same problem with my previous VT as well as the SV. It sometimes takes about 10 minutes of fumbling and feathering the pump handle just to fill the tank!

LOUD V12

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool Jeff - so you're a star... :)

I'll watch it again tonght.

I have a 92 and fills fine (no early shut off)...just akward getting it in and felt like I almost got it stuck one time... That would be a Kodak moment - lol.

I'll give it a shot next time (upside down)... just did not want to be a moron with a Lambo at the fuel station looking like I don't know which way is up...

Best
Frank

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have tried it numerous times and found the best position for my Diablo is to have the gun flat (horizontal).
It fills a lot easier and I do not have to stop in between.
The other key is make sure you fill it at half speed.
Do not fill at full speed of the pump.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Guys, I have the answer for you! What you need to do is not to put the nozzle all the way in. Keep it maybe an inch away from being fully inside. You will have to hold the handle all the time, but it will work (insert easy joke here ;) ). I had a hell of a time the first few times with the gas pump shutting off before I figured it out.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
bluedemon said:
Guys, I have the answer for you! What you need to do is not to put the nozzle all the way in. Keep it maybe an inch away from being fully inside. You will have to hold the handle all the time, but it will work (insert easy joke here ;) ). I had a hell of a time the first few times with the gas pump shutting off before I figured it out.
Can't do that around here (CA) as the vapor recovery seal will not unlock the nozzle.

-mick

·
Registered
136 Posts
fl_355 said:
So I'm watching the video "Running with the Bulls" last night for the first time. At a scheduled gas stop I saw guy putting gas in his Diablo with the pump handle upside down? Silly question, but is that correct? I notice the tank is real low and has a strange bend in the neck, you almost have to get on your knees to get the nozzle in right.

What say you?
hi frank

Put it in how you want to as long as it goes in.. The neck is only short to the tank so that wont make a difference..

Thanks

Carlo

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great Pix - That's what I'm talking about.

Carlo - Not togo OT but Never mind the email for the guy in UK, found my exhaust part with a local Quicksilver distributor here.

What year Diablo is that...QQ Never noticed back up light/fog light placed by the rear license plate...and the rear spoiler is different. Also wing seems to be a V rather than flat with end tips pointing down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.