Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Agreed, I spend 5 months looking for my 2019 S. Most are roadsters, not the best in Nevada with eat and the fact we go on road trips and need 100% of our luggage space. And as to colors, so many are dark colors, stealth styled out. Then the correct options, not too much carbon, and mag suspension is a must.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Bro if u find the spec you want you need to jump on it fast. When it comes to the exact color Aventador you want it鈥檚 likely there will only be 1 or 2 for sale in the whole country
I can understand this... though I am not used to spend so quickly such amounts of money :)

But in this case, I had been following this one for over a year, and it already lost about 30k鈧.

I asked to receive a sale contract the week following my test drive, was promised to receive, did not come, asked again, promised again, did not come, then was told it was sold... 2 weeks after my test drive...

Premium Member
I feel ya Spooky. Perhaps just bad timing (luck wise) on this one.

As far as quickly spending such amounts of money.... If you do the proper homework, it won't feel like you're "quickly" spending it and you won't miss the money afterward.

If it helps, here's my process... which provides some fulfillment in itself, as well as peace of mind before and after.

1. Determine the specific range of what I want. Model, Year, Trim, Colors, Mileage, etc.
2. Research and determine fair value for my Step 1 car. Unfortunately there isn't car Zillow, but I call about several cars listed for sale and get a sense for what I could get it for, and how much that differs from the car I want. Some of the vehicles will be listed way above market, and I'll do the dance with the salesperson about how rare, limited supply, increasing prices, etc. but every conversation gives me a better feel for how much it will take to get my car.
3. Set and confirm my budget. Fair market fluctuates, and so does my budget. It may take some time, but the two will intersect.
4. When a step 1 car gets listed, I'm prepared for the last dance (MJ reference), and to move quickly if needed. It's oxymoronic, but I try to strip the non-emotional financial aspect out of the emotional dream car purchase. Vet the car heavily. I already know what fair value is to me, and what I am willing, and can afford, to spend. When deals fall through, you sleep well knowing it wasn't the right deal. And when it goes through, zero buyers remorse.

It can take some patience. My current car had already been listed 3 months when I reached out to the dealer, as the price was above my market. After a couple of conversations followed by several follow up texts from them about how special of a car/deal this is, I made clear that my max budget was $35,000 less than their asking and I would have to wait till my budget increased... Three months later the dealer called back ready to move at my price, and I feel great about the purchase. If I was super itchy to get the car a couple months earlier, I certainly could have paid the premium and the transaction could have been equally rewarding.

Gotta enjoy the ride, so to speak.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Thanks for sharing!
At least I know exactly what I want and for which budget:
Roadster Aventador S glossy black (for Xpel Stealth cover) for 350 k鈧.

The good thing is that the number of those are constantly increasing since they are still in production (as opposed to the roadster LP700), 13 LP700 against 11 LP740 on AutoScout24.

Does anyone know the production volumes for 2020?

Premium Member
I hadn鈥檛 been watching the listings very closely, but didn鈥檛 even see this one hit them.

Reactions: HannahWhitmore

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
@SpookyTheFirst, unfortunate about your less than optimal hunting expedition but many of us have fallen victim to less than responsive or unresponsive salespeople. Boy if I were in sales I could make a fortune selling Lamborghinis' and all I would have to do is provide a healthy dose of customer service.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@SpookyTheFirst, unfortunate about your less than optimal hunting expedition but many of us have fallen victim to less than responsive or unresponsive salespeople. Boy if I were in sales I could make a fortune selling Lamborghinis' and all I would have to do is provide a healthy dose of customer service.
:) Fully agree. I can put 350 k鈧 cash on the table because I carefully serve my customers, so I was really surprised... actually this story lead me to revise my vision of business:

So far I was used to say
鈥淚f you have to work hard to make money, your business model is bad鈥...
now it is more like:
鈥漎ou know you have a good business when you can make money even doing a bad job鈥.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Still feel if these salespeople realized they are sitting on a gold mine they could easily develop a Win-Win scenario that would reward them handsomely.

Premium Member
鈥漎ou know you have a good business when you can make money even doing a bad job鈥
hahaha. So that鈥檚 the car dealer motto! I think I鈥檒l hold off on implementing that one, just in case.

Reactions: HannahWhitmore

Registered
鈥漎ou know you have a good business when you can make money even doing a bad job鈥
Thank god not all business's are run that way. Thats horrible!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts