Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am 53 and just escaped from the Dreamer Section...;)

I would like to acquire an Aventador S Roadster LP740, black matt. After reading a lot, I decided that the optimal choice would be black glossy covered with Xpel Stealth (easier to later remove a film from a glossy paint).

This week-end I tested an Aventador for the first time, 10‘000 km, 2018.
  • visibility is cumbersome
  • it was surprisingly easy to drive, particularly no issue at all with suposedly jerky transmission
  • I was not impressed by the acceleration
  • sound is good
  • interior nicer than I feared
  • exterior, the car is just incredible, piece of art

I am going to buy it, this is the most expensive car I never bought (around 350‘000 euros), totally unreasonnable.

But some posts on the dreamer section were quite inspiring to move forward....:geek:

I know some people are wondering how to be in a position one day to acquire one of these gems.

I would also be happy to post here how I did make this money, if that is of interest of some reader...:cool:

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
73 Posts
Welcome, great looking AV! When do you take it home? There are quicker cars out there, but none that look as good as the AV. I plan on adding a 720S or F8 Tributo in the future to get my speed fix haha. Did you launch it? I was impressed with that feature.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, great looking AV! When do you take it home? There are quicker cars out there, but none that look as good as the AV. I plan on adding a 720S or F8 Tributo in the future to get my speed fix haha. Did you launch it? I was impressed with that feature.
Price negotiation is not over yet, but the objective is to have it home in Spring. Sure, not the fastest, but soon the fastest will be pure electric anyway :) ...and I fully agree that it looks so gooood!

I did not use the launch feature (but happy to learn that you found it impressive), this was a test drive with the dealer, and I was so impressed by this monster that using paddles was the most I could do..

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
73 Posts
I've gotten my ass handed to me by modified GTRs and other cars, the AV is a heavy beast and needs another 200 hp to really compete. It doesn't matter, it still turns heads and draws crowds wherever you go. The people that own these never drive them, it's a rare sight around here. So worth it, I still get excited every time I drop my butt into the driver's seat. It's always an experience.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
175 Posts
Congrats Spooky, Matt black is a stealth mobile, or as stealthy as an Aventador can be...

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Beautiful beast! Congratulations!

Check out the sprint booster threads. May help with the feel of the acceleration.

Reactions: Lamborghinifam

·
Registered
65 Posts
Agree on the gloss, you need full PPF with a black car anyway so go with gloss paint and use matte ppf.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I love mine, if I still lived in So Cal fulltime, I may have passed. But in Las Vegas we have plenty of open roads, it really drives well with no traffic lights every mile.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder, 458 Spyder
95 Posts
Is you need an Aventador or Huracan sprint booster, let me know I have extras on hand for a great deal.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,152 Posts
Enjoy the beast!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Love it - congrats and xpel has many new options if you decide to change the ppf. I would never drive a nice car without paint protection

1 - 13 of 13 Posts