Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just found this forum. Awesome!!

I'm looking at a 1992 Diablo with 11,000 Miles. I've been searching online but cannot find any service maintenance stuff on the Diablo. I'm curious about the maintenance schedule and it's associated costs.

Any bugs i should check on for the 92 Diablo?

I'm also amazed at how many Lamborginis I've found with low milage.

thanks
g

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome to the board. You will find lots of Lambos with low mileage, just one of those things as with all exotics. Make sure you get full records with the vehicle, oil services should have been performed regardless of mileage. Buying from an individual or a storefront? A reputable business will be able to supply you with an inspection record of the vehicle. You will have to research the vehicle if buying from an individual. Most of the vehicles out there are known by members of this board and they should be able to give you history on the vehicle if you can get specifics on it.
Again, welcome and you will find the members of this board to be extremely helpful whether its questions of purchase or maintenance of your "new" vehicle.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Do not purchase ANY car without full and proper service books and records. Spend the money to do a proper pre-purchase inspection. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
rascasse said:
Do not purchase ANY car without full and proper service books and records. Spend the money to do a proper pre-purchase inspection. Welcome to the forum.
ditto, always worth the money

·
Registered
59 Posts
How is a prepurchase inspection properly done? Unlike "regular" cars, not every mechanic can inspect an exotic. I'm concerned about paying a local exotic mechanic to do an inspection for me, when they could very easily be a buddy of the seller... and at least probably knows him. Why should he be honest with me, the buyer rather than protect his buddy, the seller?

I'm a little skittish about this purchase. This 'aint Kansas anymore, Toto.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You take it to your own mechanic, not the sellers recommended mechanic! It would be best to find an authorized lambo dealer, of course. At a minimum, the shop must be qualified to work and service the car.

I find it is best to specify what you want the PPI for. If you tell the mechanic to "just check it out" you usually won't get much value. But if you say "I want you to check for any respray, engine compression, suspension wear, clutch condition, tire and brake life, etc" then it may be some value.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is interesting...

I love Lambo, I wasn't thinking about buying one any time soon... than I saw this ad...

http://www.carclassic.com/stock.asp?StockID=102651

the price seems extremely convenient... what questions should I ask before going for a PPI?

I can't budge any major repair funds for a year... so I would only buy if perfect as is or with strong warranty.

Thank you!

Chris

·
Registered
59 Posts
rafo said:
You take it to your own mechanic, not the sellers recommended mechanic! It would be best to find an authorized lambo dealer, of course. At a minimum, the shop must be qualified to work and service the car.

I find it is best to specify what you want the PPI for. If you tell the mechanic to "just check it out" you usually won't get much value. But if you say "I want you to check for any respray, engine compression, suspension wear, clutch condition, tire and brake life, etc" then it may be some value.
You are right, of course, but what I was thinking about is flying to FL or someplace 1000 miles away from my own mechanic. I don't see a ton of great Diablo deals in the local area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts