Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm looking at purchasing a 2016 Aventador SV coupe with around 4k miles that looks like it's in pretty good shape and was well taken care of. the dealer also just completed a full service on it. Im just waiting to get a clutch reading from the dealership service dept.

Since the car is out of warranty, I was offered a 1 year warranty extension by the dealership for $9k. Do you guys think that is worth it? I've never owned an exotic this old before, so I welcome any advice.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
To me the peace of mind is worth it. And if you sell under warranty that should help it move quicker

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Do it for the first year that way if any issues arrive you’re covered by OEM warranty. By 12 months you should know if you have a problem car or not. My Huracan had 3 months of warranty left and I took it in for its annual where they noted a small leak from the rear timing chain cover. This needed repair at year 4 which was out of warranty but since the issue was identified while still under warranty it was repaired under goodwill.

Note I asked my dealership to purchase extended OEM warranty and they did not offer one.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Passed on Warrantee (7K offer) when I bought my 15 AV Roadster; they also just completed the 4th service. My thought they would have found anything at that time. 18 months later, and just completing its 5 year service have had no issues; thus saved 7K.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sometimes the dealers offer 1 year for 9K but another 2-3 years for 15k. So, per year it can be cheaper than the offered 9k. I would do at least for one year (and the 9K) since you never know what the previous owner did with the car !
Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts