Lamborghini Talk banner

581 - 600 of 608 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,890 Posts
You kids are almost neurotic when it comes to making your cars shine ☺ just curious, do the neighbors aim their solar panels at your garage?
You should see all the different polishes and detailing sprays I have. I’m a sucker for anything new.

·
Premium Member
15,890 Posts
Thanks Russ but the tires look fine au naturel. Apparently, I got all the VRP off the car/tires with the second wash so I am not going to use it again. I just found the tire shine is pulling in the wrong direction.
I am a little nuts about my tires, I have to have that wet look.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #583
I am a little nuts about my tires, I have to have that wet look.
Things you can do to minimize the sling that work, but not 100%, let it dry for at least 24 hours and knock the shine coat down either with a rag or paper towels. I try to be meticulous with this stuff but there is always some sling. If it gets on a PPF edge it can leave a black line that will have to be addressed.

·
Premium Member
15,890 Posts
I did all of that and still got sling. I think I must’ve got it in the trench where I went up to high on the side wall. I remember back in the old days we had a product called tire black and he will paint it on with a brush and it dried solid but we learned later that it was not good for the rubber and eventually caused cracking. This was back in the 60s we had some big tires back then.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
After I washed the EVO I cleaned all that tire shine off. After the wash I have since driven the EVO around and no slime sling has occurred. Admittedly, tire shine looks nice but for me it's more trouble than it's worth.

·
Premium Member
15,890 Posts
After I washed the EVO I cleaned all that tire shine off. After the wash I have since driven the EVO around and no slime sling has occurred. Admittedly, tire shine looks nice but for me it's more trouble than it's worth.
You should try Chadwicks "No Sling" it is the best I have found so far.

·
Premium Member
15,890 Posts
No, I still found some small specs but most likely because I did not clean it off thoroughly enough prior to driving. I does smell like grape bubblegum it that helps any!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #589
Information regarded the terms of the Lamborghini "connected services": the initial terms of service is for 3 year period, and then renewable for 2 years. I have attached the the "connected services" guidelines for your review.

BTW, the dealership mailed out my white leather gloves..........once again, all is right with the world. :giggle: Now I can go back to using said gloves for doing my daily home inspection for dust and grime. 🤣

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,890 Posts
Thanks for posting that, and after reading it I must admit I am a little confused. All I want that I don't have is Alexa.

·
Premium Member
15,890 Posts
To get these services you do need to already have the option "Smartphone Interface & Connected Services" is that correct?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #592
I was watching Dallas Paint Correction and Auto detailing and he recommended using a toilet bowl brush to clean the wheelwell (first image) which I bought but the bristles on the head are the bristles from hell and there is no way that is getting anywhere near the paint on my car. I then searched and found this nylon head toilet bowl brush that is soft and gets nicely into all the wheelwell nocks and crannies (second image) but the handle was only 12” so I cut the handle of of the brush in image one and taped it to the nylon brush handle (image 3). Taping has the added benefit of providing extra protection for the paint as well. Now I have soft but firm head on the brush with adequate reach, and zero chance of causing any paint damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
they make a spongy material toilet bowl cleaner that is soft and compliant.
at least here in Mexico they have a couple of different models.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #594 (Edited)
they make a spongy material toilet bowl cleaner that is soft and compliant.
at least here in Mexico they have a couple of different models.
The first image (in the previous post) of the hard bristles could potentially damage the paint though the modified soft one will work great. I was using this red brush (see image below) for the wheelwell but it would not easily conform to the interior wheelwell contours but this soft variant cost me $1.29 and works great.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #595
To get these services you do need to already have the option "Smartphone Interface & Connected Services" is that correct?
That is correct, regarding the Alexa I will talk with my salesperson and see if he has a date certain or probable date for the rollout.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #596
I fortunately have received my white leather gloves from the dealership......now all is right with the world. ;) Shout out to the Charlotte dealership for the follow through, promises made and promises kept.(y)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,890 Posts
Congratulations. Now, what do we do with them?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #598
Congratulations. Now, what do we do with them?
Funny......I can do my weekly white glove inspections of the home. That will be a real big hit with my wife. 🤣

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #599
Here is a fun video that I like for the scenery and the reviewer does a competent job with his review and editing but make no mistake this has more entertainment value than substance. Reminds me a little of the brand cheerleading style of a Chris Harris............It is what it is........but fun.

·
Premium Member
15,890 Posts
Nice video, and he did mention Alexa, where and when is she coming?

581 - 600 of 608 Posts