Lamborghini Talk banner

361 - 380 of 445 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I did not option my EVO, it was specced by the dealership with the base stereo, and now having the EVO I am more than happy with the base stereo. I also had the base stereo in my 2019 580-2 and that was good as well. Though, if you get a Spyder I can see more of a rationale for the Sensonum but with the Coupe the base system sounds good enough for me. As I stated above the sound system needs to be tweaked with the equalization and given a little break-in time and it will perform well.
Yes. Sounds good. I heard the stock system on a brand new car and it didn’t do much for me but as you mentioned earlier, it takes a while for speakers to break in. Have a sensonum car I am hoping to listen to later this week that actually checks a lot of boxes for me and I am looking forward to hearing that one for sure!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Here are some pictures of my "magnetized" charger quick connections:

1. The first image is the pigtail that is attached to the EVO battery
2. The second image shows the two magnetized surfaces
3. The third image is the joining of both ends
4. The forth image is one of the "new" EVO charger AKA CTEK.......but with the Lamborghini moniker the price goes way up
5. The last image just shows the cord fits nicely in the front panel gaps and allows you to completely close the frunk.

When I bought my EVO the dealership included: battery charger, door logo lights, seat covers, Lamborghini tire valve stem caps, and attached battery pigtail.
Extremely helpful post. The battery tender thing is something I am religious about now but still forget from time to time. Forgot to plug in the 488 for a week and thought for sure, I’d have a dead battery. Nope started up perfectly. On the gt3, I did forget and toasted the batter and had to get the car towed out of the garage. Oh well, live and learn.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,415 Posts
Just an FYI don’t expect a big difference with the Sensonun. It has more speakers but I couldn’t really notice. The only thing I can say for sure it goes louder and never distorts. True music lovers usually upgrade the Sensonum after they get it.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Just an FYI don’t expect a big difference with the Sensonun. It has more speakers but I couldn’t really notice. The only thing I can say for sure it goes louder and never distorts. True music lovers usually upgrade the Sensonum after they get it.
That may be me. I have been holding on to some speakers that would work well for the car just in case.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
Let me know! I know many people have had problems but this always works for me
Agree, with @jdkevo works pretty well, and as I have mentioned, I wear the Fratelli touchscreen friendly leather gloves. When you tap make sure both fingers or for the case of the mute all three finger are in contact with the screen simultaneously. These gestures take time getting used to but they do work.
One other bit of advice when you are adjusting the volume and get it were you want it pull straight up and off the screen don't do a little dragging motion while still in contact with the screen otherwise it will change the volume and you get to go and do again. If that happens not to worry just view it as an opportunity to practice and gain proficiency.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
There is a Ryft Race Exhaust for the EVO not sure if there is a warranty concern or not. I am asking the dealership for feedback regarding Ryft. Check out the Ryft Race Exhaust on this Performante.....skip to 5:35 for the payoff.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
When I had my 2018 718 Cayman S there was a "T-module" (see link) you could buy and install and it remembers the last settings when you turn the car off which in our case would be, as we all know, i.e Strada/Sport/Corsa. I was wondering is there is anything like that or like that on the horizon for the Lamborghinis'/EVOs?

- Remembers the last setting for: Auto/Start/Stop, PSE, Sport, Sport+, Spoiler

• Install in under 10 minutes
    • Completely seamless / invisible (inside the center console)
    • Can be uninstalled just as easily
    • Designed and made in the USA

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Agree, with @jdkevo works pretty well, and as I have mentioned, I wear the Fratelli touchscreen friendly leather gloves. When you tap make sure both fingers or for the case of the mute all three finger are in contact with the screen simultaneously. These gestures take time getting used to but they do work.
One other bit of advice when you are adjusting the volume and get it were you want it pull straight up and off the screen don't do a little dragging motion while still in contact with the screen otherwise it will change the volume and you get to go and do again. If that happens not to worry just view it as an opportunity to practice and gain proficiency.
Went for a ride yesterday and played around some more with volume, tried all the suggestions here and then pretty much every combination along top and bottom bar and nothing. Giving up and really don't care anymore as I now find it simpler and easier to just use volume button, it's 2 taps, one to activate and I don't swipe on volume bar, just tap where I want volume to be

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,415 Posts
Blu, I agree, for me it is more consistent and easier to just use the volume button Especially when driving. This is probably a silly question, but have you had someone else try the swipe method on your car?

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Blu, I agree, for me it is more consistent and easier to just use the volume button Especially when driving. This is probably a silly question, but have you had someone else try the swipe method on your car?
Not a bad idea, will have wife try. But other than when I'm on a Carplay screen it works fine. Also the 3 finger mute works on Carplay

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
FYI, I had my wife make another short video of the exhaust flap but this time I started the engine and IMMEDIATELY switched to Sport mode and the flap still closed very soon after start up. I will try Russ' suggestion and that is power the car on but don't fire the engine up, and switch to Sport mode then start the engine and see what happens; more to follow..........better living through science. ;)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Went for a ride yesterday and played around some more with volume, tried all the suggestions here and then pretty much every combination along top and bottom bar and nothing. Giving up and really don't care anymore as I now find it simpler and easier to just use volume button, it's 2 taps, one to activate and I don't swipe on volume bar, just tap where I want volume to be
Glad you discovered a workaround. What do they say, there is more than one way to skin a BLU-BULL.(y)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I will try Russ' suggestion and that is power the car on but don't fire the engine up, and switch to Sport mode then start the engine and see what happens; more to follow..........
i already know ... it won't change anything ;-)

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
i already know ... it won't change anything ;-)
Thanks Leon saves me having to pay my wife for "extended" hazard duty. ;)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Went for a drive today and the sounds the EVO makes are so cool; that 10-Cylinder NA engine is a work of mechanical and auditory art!!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
There is a Ryft Race Exhaust for the EVO not sure if there is a warranty concern or not. I am asking the dealership for feedback regarding Ryft. Check out the Ryft Race Exhaust on this Performante.....skip to 5:35 for the payoff.

That exhaust sounds amazing. That customer was super happy too. I was talking to my dealer about getting an aftermarket exhaust and he told me that most likely it would not affect the warranty but he did know a car that had an exhaust that wasn’t heat shielded properly and it melted a bunch of wires with some of the electronics. Those needed to be repaired at owner’s expense. Did not sound cheap. Fortunately for me, coming from a turbo s that sounded like a vacuum cleaner, I have all the sound I need! Still, the one these guys did sounds amazing!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
That exhaust sounds amazing. That customer was super happy too. I was talking to my dealer about getting an aftermarket exhaust and he told me that most likely it would not affect the warranty but he did know a car that had an exhaust that wasn’t heat shielded properly and it melted a bunch of wires with some of the electronics. Those needed to be repaired at owner’s expense. Did not sound cheap. Fortunately for me, coming from a turbo s that sounded like a vacuum cleaner, I have all the sound I need! Still, the one these guys did sounds amazing!
Does sound mighty cool but even stock the EVO is way better than my 580 with the Sport Exhaust. I guess if people are inclined to go aftermarket they have to ask all the right questions and it wouldn't hurt to get feedback from the dealership or better yet have them install it. The Akrapovic sounds pretty cool and the Lamborghini dealerships will install that for you. The Austin dealership stated they would install the Ryft and there would be no warranty concerns but I will have to quadruple check that if I was inclined to move forward. I never accept the first response as gospel.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
My wife and I went on a second outing today with the EVO and on the way back we passed a state trooper on the side of the road and he smiled and waved. I guess there are car lovers in all walks of life and all professions. Law enforcement has been put through the ringer of late but I respect and appreciate everything they do, day in, day out to keep us safe! It was always a difficult profession but now it is much more so.
BTW, when we were out and about we took 600 pictures of the EVO + Me + Wife. In the short time I have had the car we have taken over 2200 pictures and videos.......We are going to two car shows this weekend and the wife and I enjoy sharing the hobby. Truth be told I think she is more of a natural Gear Head than I am...... :giggle:

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
My wife and I went on a second outing today with the EVO and on the way back we passed a state trooper on the side of the road and he smiled and waved. I guess there are car lovers in all walks of life and all professions. Law enforcement has been put through the ringer of late but I respect and appreciate everything they do, day in, day out to keep us safe! It was always a difficult profession but now it is much more so.
BTW, when we were out and about we took 600 pictures of the EVO + Me + Wife. In the short time I have had the car we have taken over 2200 pictures and videos.......We are going to two car shows this weekend and the wife and I enjoy sharing the hobby. Truth be told I think she is more of a natural Gear Head than I am...... :giggle:
That is so great that you get to share this hobby with your wife. cars bring people together from all walks of life. I remember going to a car show a couple of years ago in Malibu and there were tons of cars in the parking lot. While I was talking to a couple of guys, a highway patrol officer came in on his bike and got off and started coming towards us. I thought there might be an overcrowding problem or something, but no, he was a big Porsche guy and just wanted to take a moment to check out all the cool cars.

I’m glad to here you are able to go to some car related activities in your neck of the woods. It just so nice to go out and do basically anything these days. There is a semi-underground gathering that happens here on a weekly basis but I haven’t been for a while. I am planning to go next time.

have you put many miles on your car yet? How is the break in going? I haven’t had any time to check out the manuals to see what I should and should not be doing.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
That is so great that you get to share this hobby with your wife. cars bring people together from all walks of life. I remember going to a car show a couple of years ago in Malibu and there were tons of cars in the parking lot. While I was talking to a couple of guys, a highway patrol officer came in on his bike and got off and started coming towards us. I thought there might be an overcrowding problem or something, but no, he was a big Porsche guy and just wanted to take a moment to check out all the cool cars.

I’m glad to here you are able to go to some car related activities in your neck of the woods. It just so nice to go out and do basically anything these days. There is a semi-underground gathering that happens here on a weekly basis but I haven’t been for a while. I am planning to go next time.

have you put many miles on your car yet? How is the break in going? I haven’t had any time to check out the manuals to see what I should and should not be doing.
Great story and I will always extend my hand if people make the effort to meet me halfway and as I have said before I am even willing to go a bit further and step over the line and extend my hand. I don’t believe in the principal of guilt by association either rather I have the rather simplistic, even novel view that you judge each person according to his or her actions. Having said that I am even willing to give people a second chance if their was some ambiguity about our first interaction. That applies to all people including the police.
Yes, it is great to start to emerge from this restricted, unnatural existence and my hope is after many of us get the second dose of the COVID vaccine some degree of normalcy will start to re-emerge.
I have put a total of around 300 miles on the car and I am presently suffering from a rare but well-known disease called tachometer paranoia….I have to keep my eye on the tach as not to exceed the 6K forbidden zone. I still managed to get the car over 130mph and there is no doubt in my mind the improved aero and greater downforce has demonstrably improved the stability of the EVO when comparing it with my previous 580-2.
There still are two things with the EVO that I would like to work out first and foremost when I turn on the car it defaults to the radio and I hate the radio. I have to figure out a way to have the stereo default to either USB1 or the internal hard drive. If I had my way I would do a radio delete………..The other issue the car repeatedly asks if I want the Lamborghini connect I decline it and next time I turn on the EVO it asks again and again and that is beyond annoying. I will contact the dealership and see if they can help me work it out via a long distance FaceTime meeting.
Lastly, Enjoy your new EVO and I hope you and your family continue to stay safe!

361 - 380 of 445 Posts