Lamborghini Talk banner

341 - 360 of 445 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #341 (Edited)
Hold the phone, Snow in Central Texas??? I guess, I am once again, however briefly, back in Lambo Limbo.........Russ did you have something to do with this? Better yet let's blame the COVID vaccination I received. 🤣

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Nice and sunny here, hoping to get out for a little ride this afternoon

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Nice and sunny here, hoping to get out for a little ride this afternoon
Give me your address so I can send this less than fair weather where it belongs on the East Coast.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
My impressions and personal opinions FWIW:

I have to say I am impressed with every aspect of the new EVO. Many times, you hear these YouTubers waxing lyrical about a cars superlative performance until you realize they say pretty much the same thing about every car they review. That is the setting for me to say this new EVO is the real deal. The engine exhaust note both loud with a low growl that is intoxicating. Apparently, the engine used in the EVO is from the Performante (detuned) and that probably explains why this car, in part, is so distinct and different but vastly improved over prior iterations of the Huracan. The infotainment system at first is less intuitive than the knobs and buttons we had on the 580 but you adapt and learn it quickly to the point were it’s hard to be nostalgic about the prior interface. The handling is noticeably improved and that must be a consequence of the improved aerodynamics. Unfortunately, I am not well versed in the technical side to give meaningful insight but as a lay observer you immediately feel the improvement, especially at high speeds. To be clear this is a Huracan in name only. The new EVO feels like a separate and distinct breed onto itself.
The base stereo is improving each time I listen to it and as I have mentioned before most speakers take between 10 to 20 hours for the speaker to gain flexibility and yield the best sound reproduction. If I had to do again, and had the option of speccing Sensonum I would still opt for the base stereo. I would advise each owner to go into the sound settings and adjust the equalization to their liking. Personally, I like a bit more base and a bit less treble but to each their own.
The Sport Seats are comfortable and fully adjustable and I prefer these seats over the Comfort Seats I had in my 2019 580-2. The Sport Seats comfort and esthetics are unbeatable.
I especially like the forward and back lever adjustment on the front of the seat, and in fact, I like it better than to have that motion controlled electronically…….since I can get in and out of the EVO much quicker.
My car has mostly leather and that is my personal preference. In my EVO there is only a small bit of Alcantara on the front portion of the dashboard……..even my roof liner is leather. I mentioned this before but, I prefer leather for ease of maintenance but, again, that is a personal preference.
The exterior design from the front to the back is more aggressive and esthetic but I am sure that you don’t need me to tell you that.
My wish list for the next iteration: lane change assist, and steering wheel controls for the infotainment system.
Lastly, this is simply the best car I have owned to date and it is an absolute blast to drive. Just a heads-up though, I know you are aware of this but the GPF is on the horizon so be advised if you are a slow adopter that may have unfavorable consequences. Though, you could always buy a preowned 20/21 year model if the GPF comes to pass.
Great summary. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Quick question. You mentu to stick with the base stereo vs sensonum. Any particular reason?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #345 (Edited)
Great summary. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Quick question. You mentu to stick with the base stereo vs sensonum. Any particular reason?
I did not option my EVO, it was specced by the dealership with the base stereo, and now having the EVO I am more than happy with the base stereo. I also had the base stereo in my 2019 580-2 and that was good as well. Though, if you get a Spyder I can see more of a rationale for the Sensonum but with the Coupe the base system sounds good enough for me. As I stated above the sound system needs to be tweaked with the equalization and given a little break-in time and it will perform well.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Got it. Makes sense.
@Turbo Racer if you have a chance I would find an EVO with Sensonum and see what you think. If you like it a lot you may want to option it or find a preowned EVO that has it optioned but for me the base stereo is more than adequate.

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
37 Posts
I didnt have a choice in color, had to stick with Blue as our registry here has suspended vanity plates since Covid started and also would of had to change screen name View attachment 291478
Absolutely love the tailpipe glow you captured in the picture. First saw it on mine with the car off after a drive home walking up the driveway, I was speechless lol

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
37 Posts
Was wondering if you could do me a favor? I played around again trying to get volume 2 finger tap and swipe and it's driving me nuts that I can't do it. I checked for settings on phone/car and don't see anything that might be preventing it. So when you get a chance could you video record yourself doing it? I can't see that I'm doing it wrong but who knows?
I've had no issues with the 2 or 3 tap. 3 tap works anywhere on the screen. for the 2 tap I've had to do the 2 tap by putting one finger on each side of the clima tab at the top of the screen, will instantly bring up a cool new screen, then place your 2 fingers at the bottom and slide up. The tapping at the top of the screen is key

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I've had no issues with the 2 or 3 tap. 3 tap works anywhere on the screen. for the 2 tap I've had to do the 2 tap by putting one finger on each side of the clima tab at the top of the screen, will instantly bring up a cool new screen, then place your 2 fingers at the bottom and slide up. The tapping at the top of the screen is key
And the volume will come up even if on waze map? Will give that a shot

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
Here are some pictures of my "magnetized" charger quick connections:

1. The first image is the pigtail that is attached to the EVO battery
2. The second image shows the two magnetized surfaces
3. The third image is the joining of both ends
4. The forth image is one of the "new" EVO charger AKA CTEK.......but with the Lamborghini moniker the price goes way up
5. The last image just shows the cord fits nicely in the front panel gaps and allows you to completely close the frunk.

When I bought my EVO the dealership included: battery charger, door logo lights, seat covers, Lamborghini tire valve stem caps, and attached battery pigtail.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #353 (Edited)
Not sure what the problem is with image number three?????? Just click (Image.JPG) it and it will be rendered correctly. The weirdest thing that I ever saw happen......I guess they want to make sure you are old enough to view it????????

Addendum: I converted the image #3 from a JPG to a PNG file and it renders properly.........have to be a little crafty!

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Never tried waze. Havent had issues with radio or car play itunes/pandora
I tried what you suggested but no go, so I'm wondering if I'm trying something that others are not doing, getting volume to come up when Apple Screen is up on display?

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
37 Posts
I tried what you suggested but no go, so I'm wondering if I'm trying something that others are not doing, getting volume to come up when Apple Screen is up on display?
Ill try on my way home and post a photo. Did my first "mods" this weekend as well, will be posting a write up soon about a V1 gen2 radar detector hardwire and a gun safe install

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,415 Posts
Not sure what the problem is with image number three?????? Just click (Image.JPG) it and it will be rendered correctly. The weirdest thing that I ever saw happen......I guess they want to make sure you are old enough to view it????????
Albert shame on you, please no nudes are allowed!

Reactions: Leon and Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
Albert shame on you, please no nudes are allowed!
🤣 Caught me! Shameless coupling of two ends of a battery charger. I thought there was something wrong with that charger.:unsure: I am on my way to church for confession as we speak/write.

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
37 Posts
In regards to the 2 tap volume adjustment. Worked for me on the apple car play home screen, itunes music, and pandora. Same "technique". The only place Ive found to consistently work is to tap spliting the clima temp as shown in the photo. then the blue circle speaker screen shows up and reset the fingers and drag two up or down

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,415 Posts
Mine isn’t always consistent maybe I’ll try splitting the fingers as you show in the pic.

341 - 360 of 445 Posts