Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '05 Ford GT, 1280 miles, White, Blue Stripes, Red Calipers, McIntosh Stereo, BBS Wheels. Showroom condition (cleaner than new, and a whole lot shinier:)). I bought the car with 11 miles on it and have enjoyed it immensely. Its a great car; has the thrust of an Apollo rocket with the razor sharp handling of an NSX. Now, having sung its praises, I'm interested in trading it for a Gallardo. I figure that the GT is probably worth somewhere around $160, depending on the region. (Some crazy dealers are still asking stupid prices for the GT, but those days seem to be coming to a close).

I'm looking for an '05 6 Speed, low miles or new, no stories. If you are interested, please give me a call. I can add cash to the deal if necessary, but I have a pretty good idea of what the values on '05 Gallardos are.

call me at 928-710-2608.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kaoss--

I spoke with Roy and found him to be a great guy -- honest and super helpful. Unfortunately, his "inventory" is a bit low at the moment. I asked him to give me a call if that changes :)

·
Banned
183 Posts
You have to wonder, do you have one of the Ford Gt's that was Rebuilt after the horrendous problems that occured with the GT's? I mean, technically, the Gt's are supposed to outperform the G-car in every way...Speed, Accel, handling...Lol guess it still feels like a Ford.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No recall issues, the car is #1013. Super car to drive, however, Car and Driver did not rate the Gallardo above the GT by accident. Driving is about more than 0-60 times.

If I sold the car outright, I would ask mid $165s, and as a private party, no sales tax would be due (at least in Arizona). That's the equivalent of buying a car from the dealer for around $152,000. Not a bad deal. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TRADE DONE!

05 Gallardo inbound shortly, GT outbound shortly...

Btw, the trade deal worked out nicely. I am now a pround member of the Lamborghini faithful :)

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
W. MITTY said:
TRADE DONE!

05 Gallardo inbound shortly, GT outbound shortly...

Btw, the trade deal worked out nicely. I am now a pround member of the Lamborghini faithful :)
Congrats. Did you trade your car to Lambo of Las Vegas or San Diego?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys.

The Gallardo won't arrive here until next weekend, I'm counting the days.

The trade was a three party deal; I found a new '05 that perfectly matched my specs, and asked the Lambo dealer if he would consider the GT as a trade. He was super helpful, and within a day we had a buyer for the GT on the West coast at a fair price. (The buyer, a really nice person to deal with, is getting an INCREDIBLE car, by the way). The deal has now closed and the money has changed hands, so it's all done but the waiting. So, my Gallardo will ship this Monday or Tuesday (I hope :) and the GT will leave here on the 20th. That means for a short time, I'll have both a GT and a Gallardo in the garage. I'll have to keep them separated. Obviously, the GT won't leave the garage until its being loaded on the truck for Cali, however, the Gallardo will get to stretch its legs on our great Arizona backroads.

My Gallardo is yellow, non pearl (easily my new favorite color, and relatively easy to repair if, heaven forbid, the paint ever gets busted). It's a six speed with clear engine cover, and I had them put a Tubi on before shipment. I flew out to see it and drive it, so now I just have to remember what a blast it was to drive.

Pics and full driving comparo between the GT and Lambo to come. :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
darn, too bad your not in the phoenix area. i would have love to come along and take pics of you driving the i10 or i17 or state89.
congrats and when you do cruise by scottsdale on the 101, dont speed!!
they are putting up 6 speed radar cameras on a 50 mile strech of the freeway!! talk about $$money$$ trap.
cant wait to hear you roar on by, someday. :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mitty that's great!
I remember some previous posts when you were just starting to look.
I posted about a friend who traded his Diablo on a GT, then 3 weeks later traded the GT back to the same dealer to get his Diablo back. Cost him several grand because there was shipping on both cars twice (lol).

I also think you choose my favorite options - yellow, 6, clear cover, Tubi!
Yes - by all means, as soon as she lands home please post pix.

Or better yet, start a new thread on the General section for more visibility.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ironic looking back at old posts trying to decide on these different cars (M, G, FGT). Looks like the FGT's are becoming iconic. What people sold/traded a few years ago have to be rethinking. Who would have thunk it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Ironic looking back at old posts trying to decide on these different cars (M, G, FGT). Looks like the FGT's are becoming iconic. What people sold/traded a few years ago have to be rethinking. Who would have thunk it.
That FGT would be 225K now if not more..lol...who knew...:eek:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I didnt even look at the dates on these threads. I was thinking...is this dude smoking crack? I was literally about the call the dude and offer him $160k cash and I fly out to meet him tonight. LOL

Then I saw your post and woke up from my dream

1 - 20 of 28 Posts