Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a year 11 student from the John Bentley School, Calne, Wiltshire.

My prom is on the 07/07/2017 between 7:00pm and 11:30pm. I would like an exotic car to turn up in as but I don't have enough money to hire a supercar from a company. So does anyone on here have a nice car that they want to show off in front of 150 teenagers at the Bowood Estate House and ballroom for an hour or so that live near the Wiltshire area?

Just asking as this is my last option for a nice ride to my first and last prom and it would make me stupidly happy to turn up in something nice!

Thanks a lot everyone

·
Registered
348 Posts
You have about 10 months until your prom. If I were you and really wanted this, I would start saving my pocket-money now and with a part-time job, or even just some odd jobs here and there, I'm sure you can save enough to rent one for the evening. Although at your age, not sure if a rental company would even rent to you.
Although there are lots of folks on here with good hearts who like to help others, I wouldnt hold my breath that anyone will let a 16 or so year old kid, and stranger, take their exotic for a prom night. Pretty unrealistic favor to ask of a stranger in my opinion. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I do hope you figure out a way to still have a memorable prom.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,264 Posts
My car doesn't like to show off without me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it's a long shot but in my area there is hardly any part time jobs let alone any that would let someone so young work, and I'm only asking for a ride so the car owner would be driving :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Most exotics (not all) are 2 seaters, if the owner is expected to drive where is your date going to sit?
Best to just hire a nice car and driver.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know they're mainly two seaters, I don't have enough money or a way of earning money to hire one out. I just like cars and would rather turn up in someone unique by myself that's all :)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,264 Posts
So you're not asking to borrow the car, just get a ride to the prom in one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I'd never expect someone to let me borrow anything for a night or whatever. I just would love it if someone would drive me to prom in something nice if their willing to do so :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am sorry if this comes off as sounding hard and making me seem a dick but,
you want someone to drive you to your prom in an exotic car so you can look cool in front of the school? Sorry but that will make you look like a fool as you can't impress people with things that belong to someone else.
It would be better to get a taxi.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I can understand your passion for a Lambo and riding in one, but maybe prom night is not the night to do it? If someone gave you a ride there, surely your date would feel secondary for the night. This will be amplified even more if she's not into cars. The night should be more about your date and making her feel special. Its a night she will remember forever, so you should make it that way because SHE felt like the center of your attention, not the car. That's just my 2 cents.

There will be plenty of opportunities to indulge your Lambo passion in life, but only once for this prom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't mean to sound like a dick either here but I was just asking because I kind of wanted my only prom to be a good night for me mainly and turning up together in different cars doesn't really change much but okay if no one will help then it's fine

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I dont live in your area so I cant help you out directly but let me offer you some advice.

If you approach anyone asking for a favor, it would help if you would think about what is in it for them, vs what is in it for you.

Throughout this thread I have read your post and all I see is:

Id really like this
I really want that
It would be nice if I can blah blah blah

We get it, we know whats in it for you. But whats in it for me? Sure you say "hey you get a chance to show off your car to a bunch of middle school kids" but take a step back and think about that for a moment, why would a grown man that can afford a lambo need to show off to a bunch of kids?

So let me end by offering up more advice specifically on this. (I dont like to call out issues without offering possible resolution)

The next time you approach a group of strangers asking for this kind of favor, perhaps tell us more about yourself. Tell us how well you have been doing in school and your passion for lamborghini has kept you motivated so that one day hopefully you can own one of your own. Of course be sure to make that story genuine (I was just giving an example) and perhaps you will find someone that is willing to give you a ride if it would help keep you motivated in the future. Something as little as this helps the "giver" have justification for helping a stranger.

I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
This type of request comes up almost every year.

Has anyone on this forum ever given a kid a ride, or car to borrow, for a school event?

I cannot remember a single instance the requesting student got anything more than some advice and a mild thrashing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts