Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ahh, well it turns out that the car was only imported to the UK in 1989 and then treated to a bare metal repaint. Not sure where it came from but likely a warm place being RHD :)

It does have some rust repairs at the front as you would expect at the bottom of the front wings/valances, and I would like to redo these are they are not done so well as I would like.

Lee

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The car only had one door mirror when I bought it and I really needed one on both sides for maneuvering in my garage and generally visibility given the large louver system engine cover at the rear reduced rear view field.

I found these mirrors on ebay from a seller in Taiwan Lamborghini Urraco P250 COMPATIBLE PAIR DOOR MIRROR NEW | eBay and have to say that for the price (less than £20 for the pair! + shipping) are really good value for money and look correct on the car. Shipping was quick and secure - thanks "cubepai"

I needed to drill holes of course for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Rear floor area

Decided to tackle the ugly (but solid) rear floor area.

As you know it has the at factory sound deadening material and then insulation on it. The original tar material has lifted around its edges so it needed to come off. It's hard and brittle so chipped off quite easily.

The floor is solid with a little surface rust from moisture where the tar was not. Cleaned up now and painted with rust converter paint then waxed around the seams. Also waxed inside the chassis floor cross box section that separates front floor from rear. The car will never see rain or damp again so that's how it will be now forever - next job is the other side then the front floor areas.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Never see rain or damp again? But you're in Manchester. When will you get chance to take the car out?

Seriously, I'm enjoying reading about the work you're doing on your car. Good to see that it's a sound one.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Never see rain or damp again? But you're in Manchester. When will you get chance to take the car out?

Seriously, I'm enjoying reading about the work you're doing on your car. Good to see that it's a sound one.
Actually it's been really dry so far this year with like no rain for several weeks at a time. Of course i just don't drive my old Italian metal in the wet - that's what my VW bus is for ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thought about it, measured up and worked out where to fit rear seat belts (lap belts) on the Urraco. Drilled a whole through the side of the center tunnel (first one was too high) which is used for the buckle end with a plate on the rear in the tunnel. Outer part of the belt with the tongue bolted through the rear floor at the corners again with a plate on the back. The belt pulls up between the seat base and side panels and the buckles pop through a gap between the center pad and rear trim. Feels that much safer for the kids now. I used standard Securon 210 real static lap belts.

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yellow Urraco

Car is looking great Lee and is exactly the same as mine but I have a black interior. My car a 1975 model was also originally red. Send me some pictures and I will put them on the gallery on my web site Urraco

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Not much happening. The car is running well and all the better for being used a bit more I've even had to top the oil a little :)

Had a result at it's first show and went down very well with the public. My boy enjoyed collecting the trophy :)

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Scored some original Carello driving lamps (£20! off ebay), cleaned them up and fitted them tonight. Just need to covers now - anyone have a pair going spare ?

Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Not much happening. The car is running well and all the better for being used a bit more I've even had to top the oil a little :)

Had a result at it's first show and went down very well with the public. My boy enjoyed collecting the trophy :)
Well done :tup:, it's always fun displaying these cars as you don't see them often, they tend to get lots of interest.
Mike

·
Registered
514 Posts
Driving lights

The covers look great and do protect these lights which are dangerously in stone chip area. However the lamps are useful for flashing other cars. I also added a simple relay to mine to protect the ignition and switches. I have two sets at home and have always wondered where to mount the second set without blocking sir flow to the radiator.

21 - 40 of 129 Posts