Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i'm new to this thread and for the record do not own one (but certainly have ideas and plans to make owning one a reality sometime in the future). I have found this forum to actually be really entertaining and that wasting half the day looking around is not a very difficult thing to do lol.

Anyways my question is how exactly do you guys go about purchasing these? For instance I've read that Ferrari dealerships use a point system where someone trying to buy one of the brand's higher end collectible cars like the Enzo for example has to "put in time" with a lesser model" then work them-self up to having the privilege to buy one (even if you have the money and all in the first place!). This sounds sort of ridiculous to me. Does the same apply to lamborghinis? And also can you just order one online so that you can have the options/colors of your choice? I would feel that if I'm buying a car of this caliber then you want it to be what you want and not just something in a dealership, actually I would feel this way about any car (from 20k to a freaking maybach).

Doesn't anyone feel the same way?

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,056 Posts
Yes I have heard the same about Ferrari. I'm sure someone can give you a good example. In Hawaii privilege is spelled MONEY as long as the dealer can get the car. After the event I attended on Saturday and viewing some beautiful Ferraris close up, I can't imagine wanting one when I could have a Lambo. Do I sound prejudice? Sorry!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Doesn't anyone feel the same way?
Absolutely! I have no personal experience dealing with Ferrari dealers, but I've heard enough horror stories from members of this forume who have, and for many of them it was an unpleasant experience to say the least. There are apparently a lot of F-car dealers who think their fesces doesn't stink, nor should that of any person presumptuous enough to have the temerity to actually want to buy one of their cars. You have to prove you're worthy! What a crock! I don't know where they come off. They make four times as many F-cars as Lambos, so which is more exclusive? Surely you'll find the occasional dick head among Lambo dealers, but most of them actually want to sell you a car, especially once they know you are serious and have the money or credit to do so. If you begin to shop in earnest, I think you'' find that out for yourself.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,056 Posts
Yes, Recon said it better than I could.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. I've seen other members around here say there is a noticeable difference between Ferrari and lamborghini dealers/owners. This situation plays perfectly into the stereotype of Ferrari owners being snotty and a bit standoffish.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have to really agree here, the Ferrari dealers themselves never paid mind to me when I was in the dealership just looking around. Only one of the tech's I believe was kind enough to let the exhaust howl for us while he was putting all F-cars in the garage. This was not an isolated case either, the same happened at another dealership where the only person even remotely conversational was the secretary at the front desk. While I don't expect them to approach every single person who enters their shop appearing a little friendlier would probably not hurt their image. It is probably the exact reason that exotic owners are seen as snobs. Just to contrast everything he sales people at Manhatten Motorcars were very nice on both of my visits to the place and every time approached me and were very nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts