Lamborghini Talk banner
321 - 340 of 441 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
@tfenton02, just a point of clarification you cannot use Alexa if you plugged in and using Apple CarPlay. I guess Alexa and Siri had a falling out. 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I always load the internal hard drive with my music. Plus, I specced the 128GB internal HD.
No haven't tried Amazon music via Apple CarPlay but Amazon music is the highest quality source I have tested to date.
I added the hard drive as well. I’ll download some music and test it out and compare to CarPlay. So far I’m liking the convenience of streaming Tidal thru CarPlay and toggle back and forth with Waze to an eye out for the fuzz. I need to wire my radar detector this weekend

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Tidal? Hmmmmmm, another potential source I will give it a whirl.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
One other thing Alexa is fun to play with but she can be challenged at times. I asked Alexa for the temperature and she said that feature is not available. What I suspect she thought I meant was to turn on the seat heating but with Sport Seats that feature is not available.................... :giggle:

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Tidal? Hmmmmmm, another potential source I will give it a whirl.
I'm kinda of am audiophile wannabe type and can confirm that the USB and internal hard drive media source is superior audio quality to streaming thru car play. Now I have to organize my music to download to the internal hard drive. The redeeming quality of car play is it's super easy nav across phone/waze/tidal/apple music, i'm finding the OEM navigation is just a mess.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
I played with navigation and it informs you of turns and exits a fraction of a millisecond before you need them which not all that helpful. Fortunately, I tried it out on routes I already knew......electronics and Lamborghini engineers are like oil and water they just don’t mix all that well.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,487 Posts
Russ, The volume control is 2 step process.
1. Place or tap 2 fingers on the extreme lower or extreme upper of the display. This opens the volume screen.
2. You can now move two fingers from bottom up the display to increase volume or from top of display down to decrease volume.

It does work, just need to get the hang of it..
I use Alexa for volume control, phone, Navigation, Seat heating, ambient lighting and some other functions I'm learning.
Alexa for me works great.
Thanks Sal, I just seem to miss with the 2 fingers when I’m trying to also look at the road. My Alexa is still Grayed out so I can’t even try it. I need to figure out how to activate it.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
So I’ve spent the last 2 hrs importing music to the internal hard drive. The entire experience is a complete disaster and nearly useless. After 45min of downloading I found:

• the hard drive has significant lag, like waiting 20 seconds for the player to recognize a command
  • after studying the manual and playing with the player I still cannot figure out how to view any form of folder structure (album/artist) vs a long list of song titles … I’ve tried just about everything
  • while the sound quality seems to be better with USB and internal hard drive, Apple Car play is marginally useful
  • the infotainment cannot multi task, can you look at a map while skipping to the next track? Nope.
  • the irony is my 2018 Perf and 2017 Huracan was leaps ahead of this crap.

it’s the single worst experience I’ve seen in a modern vehicle.

I’m done with trying to use this garbage and will just go back to apple car play.

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Yep, I gave up on everything else and just use Spotify on Carplay, sound is good and zero issues

·
Registered
131 Posts
2. Hand swipe gesture for sound: seems like you have to swipe up from bottom of screen to initiate, but then again to control the volume. Seems like it was designed by engineers vs user experience experts, it's a hassle. Volume knob needed!
Just to beat the dead horse further still....:

Before I received my car I was under the impression that a 2 finger swipe up or down would adjust volume, but yes it turns out you have to 1st swipe up to engage the screen that will allow 2 finger swipe.... and then do the 2 finger swipe - so it's a 2 part process (of ****).

Was it ever the case that it was a single process and they changed it, or did I miss-understand it ?

Because a single swipe, whilst still not ideal; would be better.

Somebody could make a fortune manufacturing an after-market volume knob for these cars I reckon.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 · (Edited)
i had to use the lambo navigation the other day. I got cancer.
I was reading the scientific journals of late, and I came across an article of Navigatoblastoma so, there are case reports showing up in the literature. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
Because a single swipe, whilst still not ideal; would be better.

Somebody could make a fortune manufacturing an after-market volume knob for these cars I reckon.
I think we can now safely add to the list of hazards when driving. There are impaired drivers, drivers on cell phones and drivers distracted with their infotainment systems. Therefore, a word of advice, watch out for those darn Lamborghini EVO owners*. o_O

*unless it is a Blu Cepheus EVO owner in which case he is an exceptional driver, not to worry.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks Sal, I just seem to miss with the 2 fingers when I’m trying to also look at the road. My Alexa is still Grayed out so I can’t even try it. I need to figure out how to activate it.
Russ,
Just feel where the bottom or top of screen meets the frame border. You can do that without looking at the screen. That will activate the volume screen. Then move 2 fingers up or down.
Also make sure you have the Alexa app loaded and activated on your phone. Turn off car, exit and lock car, wait until all lights are off in the car. Then enter car and turn on and hopefully the Alexa app on infotainment system will be active.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
Well today I went for an 80 mile drive and Alexa greeted me with the familiar refrain "unable to connect check your network connection" for the entire drive. At this point, Alexa has been nonfunctional in both my 2021 and 2022 EVO. It is just down right pathetic.

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
Russ,
Just feel where the bottom or top of screen meets the frame border. You can do that without looking at the screen. That will activate the volume screen. Then move 2 fingers up or down.
Also make sure you have the Alexa app loaded and activated on your phone. Turn off car, exit and lock car, wait until all lights are off in the car. Then enter car and turn on and hopefully the Alexa app on infotainment system will be active.
Thanks Sal, haven’t had a chance yet but I will try it this weekend and let you know.

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
Well today I went for an 80 mile drive and Alexa greeted me with the familiar refrain "unable to connect check your network connection" for the entire drive. At this point, Alexa has been nonfunctional in both my 2021 and 2022 EVO. It is just down right pathetic.
Sorry to hear that, maybe I’m better off without it?

321 - 340 of 441 Posts