Lamborghini Talk banner
301 - 320 of 441 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Here is an FYI regarding the lift system, and how to keep it functioning optimally. I just had a discussion with Joshua at the Lamborghini Austin dealership and as always it was educative:
1. FAL is sensitive to low voltage so a battery maintainer is recommended when not in use for extended periods of time. Though, I always keep it on a maintainer when garaged.
2. Do not leave the FAL in the up position because it will cause premature wear to the air bladder at the top of the struts, see attached pictures.
3. When your Lamborghini is in transport keep the FAL in the down position after the vehicle is loaded.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,487 Posts
Here is an FYI regarding the lift system, and how to keep it functioning optimally. I just had a discussion with Joshua at the Lamborghini Austin dealership and as always it was educative:
1. FAL is sensitive to low voltage so a battery maintainer is recommended when not in use for extended periods of time. Though, I always keep it on a maintainer when garaged.
2. Do not leave the FAL in the up position because it will cause premature wear to the air bladder at the top of the struts, see attached pictures.
3. When your Lamborghini is in transport keep the FAL in the down position after the vehicle is loaded.
My mechanic advised to not leave the car in the up position for prolonged periods of time and now I know better why, thanks!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
My mechanic advised to not leave the car in the up position for prolonged periods of time and now I know better why, thanks!
Also Russ, I was advised if the Red warning for FAL is displayed it can be a computer glitch and if that happens put the car in reverse then forward and if that does reset it turn the car off for a few minutes than retry. Apparently, those actions often clear the fault display.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Also Russ, I was advised if the Red warning for FAL is displayed it can be a computer glitch and if that happens put the car in reverse then forward and if that does reset it turn the car off for a few minutes than retry. Apparently, those actions often clear the fault display.
Damn thank you this tip. Granted I don’t leave it up as makes the gap look even uglier but good to know it can actually damage the system.

·
Registered
95 Posts
First of all, i love my car, MY22 EVO RWD, I'm not dissing it in any way. There are just things I think Lambo should do better:

-1- I have the CCB brakes. If you are driving at a rather brisk pace in the hills, brake pedal goes long and soft rather quickly.

-2- Sport seats. On multi-day outings (1000km on challenging roads over the weekend) they are very hard with little padding which leads to pressure points, are much to wide and hence offer little lateral support, have a much to pronounced lumbar support that is located in the wrong place, hence they are very uncomfortable. In hindsight, I would take the stock electric comfort seats (even though I hate how they look), they offer more support because they can be set to support you whole body, not only some pressure points and are much more comfortable

-3- Don't like the flat bottom of the steering wheel. That part it is so slippery in your hands (with the gloves I wear) with that shiny black plastic.

-4- Steering wheel rotation from lock to lock is too much, it's a 2.9 if I recall correctly. That is annoying in the hills doing hairpin turns.

-5- I'd love some more extension in the steering wheel column. I like my steering wheel close to my chest, so now I have to put my seat uncomfortably close so my legs are not relaxed anymore. (this ergonomic part is something only aston martin and mclaren seem to grasp)

-6- I disabled the carplay crap, it mutes my other non-carplay apps I run locally on the phone, and come on, who wants to connect via usb cable nowadays ?

-7- Inputting address in the GPS takes sooooooooo long you're better off just driving off randomly and asking people for directions like in the dark ages ;-)

-7- cruise control lacks essential functionality. There is no way to quickly pause and resume it, you have to either brake and resume, or disable and enable, extremely annoying. If you want to go up from 70 - 120, it doesn't jump up by 10 if you hold the up button. It is the worst implementation of a cruise control I ever had.

-8- only usefull thing in the app is the valet thing where you can fence the car and can see where it is. The rest is useless, apparently I always have a white car with an empty fuel tank. And they are sending way to many messages. I don't want to read and see all that stuff on my iphone, that's what a desktop is for.

-9- The car needs an EGO mode. The strada, sport and corsa modes are too restrictive, a lot of the time circumstances call for a blend of settings !

-10- Still can't find my blinkers to signal exiting a roundabout.

-11- That heavy, ugly, outdated Audi key.

-12- Need physical volume knob/button. Nearly crashed the car trying to lower the volume of the gps voice.

The list of things I like and love about my car is much longer, it's a f*cking fabulous car ! (pardon my french)
Forza Lamborghini !

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,487 Posts
Number 12 has almost caused me to crash on several occasions. Also I never get it to volume control on the first 2 finger tap. I often get my phone instead..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not much gets by you Albert, does it?! You have been pushing this for a long time and I thank you for the information.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
@bccars, thank you very much for the critical analysis it's always important to be brutally honest. When you're enamored of a brand, as we are, we want it to be better and critiques like yours help us toward said end. One thing I have to say about the CCBs, is on Sunday they saved my *ss. They stopped us on a dime when we had no room to spare. The CCBs made up for a distracted driver and I am enormously glad I specced them..........,and BTW, they brought us to an immediate stop in silence without a screech or a squeal. 🙏

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
Not much gets by you Albert, does it?! You have been pushing this for a long time and I thank you for the information.
Thank you, my friend, for the kind words. One thing I like about my new found sports car hobby is I get to learn a lot of new and interesting stuff, that is, I still have rather steep learning curve. :giggle:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Number 12 has almost caused me to crash on several occasions. Also I never get it to volume control on the first 2 finger tap. I often get my phone instead..

Russ, The volume control is 2 step process.
1. Place or tap 2 fingers on the extreme lower or extreme upper of the display. This opens the volume screen.
2. You can now move two fingers from bottom up the display to increase volume or from top of display down to decrease volume.

It does work, just need to get the hang of it..
I use Alexa for volume control, phone, Navigation, Seat heating, ambient lighting and some other functions I'm learning.
Alexa for me works great.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
-7- cruise control lacks essential functionality. There is no way to quickly pause and resume it, you have to either brake and resume, or disable and enable, extremely annoying. If you want to go up from 70 - 120, it doesn't jump up by 10 if you hold the up button. It is the worst implementation of a cruise control I ever had.
To me you just described exactly how cruise control works in all cars. I find it works perfectly well in the Huracan.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
@bccars Thz for the write up!! I do want to respond to number 6. I am always tethered because I like getting out of my car with battery life still available. I will have no issues with this one. Again, thx!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
It's not a problem but I thought it was the Outside Temperature Indicator ❄ appeared and dinged on the top left of the instrument cluster screen. The outside temperature in Texas was 40.1 ℉ when I went for a drive, and apparently the snowflake ❄ shows up if the temperature is below 41℉. Just a heads up for our members. When I first saw it I thought we aren't anywhere near the freezing point but, alas, the EVO responded correctly and in accordance with its programming.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
It's not a problem but I thought it was the Outside Temperature Indicator ❄ appeared and dinged on the top left of the instrument cluster screen. The outside temperature in Texas was 40.1 ℉ when I went for a drive, and apparently the snowflake ❄ shows up if the temperature is below 41℉. Just a heads up for our members. When I first saw it I thought we aren't anywhere near the freezing point but, alas, the EVO responded correctly and in accordance with its programming.
It's more for warning you your tires might not work at that temperature

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I’d move if I woke up and saw that warning!!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
I am happy to report Alexa* is working and I can now further update the quality of music based upon source: Amazon music > USB > iPhone, internal hard drive. I do have a question when you are listening to Amazon music playlists and you hit next a new playlist comes up rather than the next song. Thus, how do you stay within the same playlist and just advance to the next song in said playlist.

*hoping it's not just a fluke.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I am happy to report Alexa* is working and I can now further update the quality of music based upon source: Amazon music > USB > iPhone, internal hard drive. I do have a question when you are listening to Amazon music playlists and you hit next a new playlist comes up rather than the next song. Thus, how do you stay within the same playlist and just advance to the next song in said playlist.

*hoping it's not just a fluke.
I will have to test this myself today. When you say Amazon Music>USB>iPhone, how does the internal hard drive come into play? Have you tried Amazon Music quality on Apple Car Play?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #320 ·
I always load the internal hard drive with my music. Plus, I specced the 128GB internal HD.
No haven't tried Amazon music via Apple CarPlay but Amazon music is the highest quality source I have tested to date.

301 - 320 of 441 Posts