Lamborghini Talk banner
281 - 300 of 441 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,487 Posts
Yes and no. You didn’t pay at the time of service but the cost was hidden in the original sale price. ;) Lamborghini is a good company aside from their infotainment system woes but they are a business, and giving stuff away free is not part of their business model that I have witnessed. Heck, they charge for cruise control, a decent stereo, ambient lighting, etc.......for a $300K sports car.
That’s true, but that drivers/lifestyle pack was a great deal no matter how you look at it. The service alone will cover the cost.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
FYI, Apple CarPlay does appear to shuffle songs but the sound quality, unfortunately, is not the best. There are three music sources I have tried: Apple CarPlay, USB pen drive, and the internal Hard Drive and the source that has the best quality sound is the USB. All the music on my new iPhone 13 is the same on the USB pen drive and the internal hard drive yet the USB sounds much better. Not sure how to account for the difference but it is, what it is.
Just about completing the break-in and I am currently @918 miles, and for us geometric purists, I have twelve more miles to go to be free at last.................................to rev past 6K. I mentioned this before but my current EVO sounds so much better and shifts so much smoother than my 2021 model and I do not have a clue as to why there is a difference but I am thankful for these minor miracles.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
Good to know about the USB. I really can't tell any difference because I am mostly top down driving and the music gets drowned out by the exhaust sound. Albert you actually bet me! I am only now at 838 miles after almost 11 months.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Good to know about the USB. I really can't tell any difference because I am mostly top down driving and the music gets drowned out by the exhaust sound. Albert you actually bet me! I am only now at 838 miles after almost 11 months.
Wow. Probably one of the very few cars to break 100k miles on Oahu was Steve McGarrett's Mercury Marquis.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
Well, we each enjoy these sports cars in our own way. I always try to break-in my sports cars quickly so I don't have to worry about keeping an eye on the tachometer.
Regarding the music I would have thought either the internal hard drive or my new iPhone 13 would sound better but, alas, that is not the case, at least not for me.

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
Wow. Probably one of the very few cars to break 100k miles on Oahu was Steve McGarrett's Mercury Marquis.
Jack and his wife Marie were dear friends. My wife and I enjoyed some wonderful times together. They would pick us up for dinner in Jack's old Cadillac with his FIVE 0 license plates, he loved that car and drove it everywhere. People would always stop him and ask for an autograph which he gave gladly.

He was passed in 1998 and left a legendary legacy. Honestly the Island people love this guy, and I have to tell you he wasn't easy to get along with but he was the real deal. He always was in charge of everything, and we never argued. Marie passed away years later and with failing health we lost touch. We met them in 1982, but I felt like I had known my entire life.

Reactions: RoyalPink

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
Well as much as I regret having to post this, here it goes.
I got my car back from the dealer and everything was fine, until the next day. I decided to go out for a little fun run. I got in the car all prepped and ready to go and guess what? My infotainment center is BLACK, nothing at all. I waited hoping it would fire up but after about 5 minutes I turned it off and let it rest a few minutes and tried it again, luckily it came back to life.

So I was once again on my way. Within 5 minutes my bluetooth drops just like it used to and I am once again depending on plugging in carplay. So I guess the update not only didn't resolve the issue, I think it might have given me a new one. Also no Alexa, it is grayed out so I can't even test it. I am so frustrated with this stupid infotainment system. I think I will just buy a carlink and forget about ever getting it to work properly.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
^^My friend sorry to hear that, and that’s why unless there’s a catastrophic failure of the infotainment system I am not going near the Dealership.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Jack and his wife Marie were dear friends. My wife and I enjoyed some wonderful times together. They would pick us up for dinner in Jack's old Cadillac with his FIVE 0 license plates, he loved that car and drove it everywhere. People would always stop him and ask for an autograph which he gave gladly.

He was passed in 1998 and left a legendary legacy. Honestly the Island people love this guy, and I have to tell you he wasn't easy to get along with but he was the real deal. He always was in charge of everything, and we never argued. Marie passed away years later and with failing health we lost touch. We met them in 1982, but I felt like I had known my entire life.
so sorry to hear about this!

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
220 amazing miles on the new Evo, enjoying every minute of it. So glad to be back in a Huracan. Just a couple of noted quirks so far.
1. Get a weird static in the speakers (sensorum) but it quickly disappears when Apple Car Play audio is on. I will continue to play around with it, hopefully it will go away
2. Hand swipe gesture for sound: seems like you have to swipe up from bottom of screen to initiate, but then again to control the volume. Seems like it was designed by engineers vs user experience experts, it's a hassle. Volume knob needed!
3. When I use the hand gesture (while using car play for audio), it defaults back to my phone app on car play vs the music player, so I need to press the music app again (sound continues) but the process is more of a hassle
4. Missing the multi function display from the previous Huracan (where I can scroll through music, maps, navigation, etc on main screen. This is a pretty big step backwards to rely on the center screen for most everything.
5. The cold start seems quite tame compared to my Performante. It opens up once I'm driving and the exhaust note is insane, but I kinda miss the "awake the beast" moment at cold start

All in all, the car has exceeded my expectations. I was a worried about the RWD but this far the car has is firmly planted with fantastic steering feel. Tomorrow I'll dig into the infotainment system more, load music on the hard drive, and explore the car a bit more.

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
^^My friend sorry to hear that, and that’s why unless there’s a catastrophic failure of the infotainment system I am not going near the Dealership.
I remember you warning us against Taking it to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
220 amazing miles on the new Evo, enjoying every minute of it. So glad to be back in a Huracan. Just a couple of noted quirks so far.
1. Get a weird static in the speakers (sensorum) but it quickly disappears when Apple Car Play audio is on. I will continue to play around with it, hopefully it will go away
2. Hand swipe gesture for sound: seems like you have to swipe up from bottom of screen to initiate, but then again to control the volume. Seems like it was designed by engineers vs user experience experts, it's a hassle. Volume knob needed!
3. When I use the hand gesture (while using car play for audio), it defaults back to my phone app on car play vs the music player, so I need to press the music app again (sound continues) but the process is more of a hassle
4. Missing the multi function display from the previous Huracan (where I can scroll through music, maps, navigation, etc on main screen. This is a pretty big step backwards to rely on the center screen for most everything.
5. The cold start seems quite tame compared to my Performante. It opens up once I'm driving and the exhaust note is insane, but I kinda miss the "awake the beast" moment at cold start

All in all, the car has exceeded my expectations. I was a worried about the RWD but this far the car has is firmly planted with fantastic steering feel. Tomorrow I'll dig into the infotainment system more, load music on the hard drive, and explore the car a bit more.
Are you starting it in Corsa mode and not Strada?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Exactly this.

It is beyond baffling how this was allowed to get past the initial concept stage , let alone into full production.

It is total madness , not to mention potentially unsafe; that there is no quick access volume control ... ie: a knob !

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Exactly this.

It is beyond baffling how this was allowed to get past the initial concept stage , let alone into full production.

It is total madness , not to mention potentially unsafe; that there is no quick access volume control ... ie: a knob !
Absolutely right my friend! The worst part about the infotainment system aside from being a conceptual nightmare it doesn't even work properly. I would accept said system, if the darn thing worked but, alas, it doesn't.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
I remember you warning us against Taking it to the dealer.
Russ, I can't even blame the techs at the dealerships it wasn't their fault that Lamborghini released this infotainment system mess. The blame rests squarely on the shoulders of the Lamborghini hardware and software engineers. Quite frankly, the dealerships are in over their heads when it comes to addressing the myriad of problems that crop up with this system. The infotainment system in its present form should never have been launched by Lamborghini.

281 - 300 of 441 Posts