Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Jack and his wife Marie were dear friends. My wife and I enjoyed some wonderful times together. They would pick us up for dinner in Jack's old Cadillac with his FIVE 0 license plates, he loved that car and drove it everywhere. People would always stop him and ask for an autograph which he gave gladly.

He was passed in 1998 and left a legendary legacy. Honestly the Island people love this guy, and I have to tell you he wasn't easy to get along with but he was the real deal. He always was in charge of everything, and we never argued. Marie passed away years later and with failing health we lost touch. We met them in 1982, but I felt like I had known my entire life.
so sorry to hear about this!

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
220 amazing miles on the new Evo, enjoying every minute of it. So glad to be back in a Huracan. Just a couple of noted quirks so far.
1. Get a weird static in the speakers (sensorum) but it quickly disappears when Apple Car Play audio is on. I will continue to play around with it, hopefully it will go away
2. Hand swipe gesture for sound: seems like you have to swipe up from bottom of screen to initiate, but then again to control the volume. Seems like it was designed by engineers vs user experience experts, it's a hassle. Volume knob needed!
3. When I use the hand gesture (while using car play for audio), it defaults back to my phone app on car play vs the music player, so I need to press the music app again (sound continues) but the process is more of a hassle
4. Missing the multi function display from the previous Huracan (where I can scroll through music, maps, navigation, etc on main screen. This is a pretty big step backwards to rely on the center screen for most everything.
5. The cold start seems quite tame compared to my Performante. It opens up once I'm driving and the exhaust note is insane, but I kinda miss the "awake the beast" moment at cold start

All in all, the car has exceeded my expectations. I was a worried about the RWD but this far the car has is firmly planted with fantastic steering feel. Tomorrow I'll dig into the infotainment system more, load music on the hard drive, and explore the car a bit more.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I am happy to report Alexa* is working and I can now further update the quality of music based upon source: Amazon music > USB > iPhone, internal hard drive. I do have a question when you are listening to Amazon music playlists and you hit next a new playlist comes up rather than the next song. Thus, how do you stay within the same playlist and just advance to the next song in said playlist.

*hoping it's not just a fluke.
I will have to test this myself today. When you say Amazon Music>USB>iPhone, how does the internal hard drive come into play? Have you tried Amazon Music quality on Apple Car Play?

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I always load the internal hard drive with my music. Plus, I specced the 128GB internal HD.
No haven't tried Amazon music via Apple CarPlay but Amazon music is the highest quality source I have tested to date.
I added the hard drive as well. I’ll download some music and test it out and compare to CarPlay. So far I’m liking the convenience of streaming Tidal thru CarPlay and toggle back and forth with Waze to an eye out for the fuzz. I need to wire my radar detector this weekend

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Tidal? Hmmmmmm, another potential source I will give it a whirl.
I'm kinda of am audiophile wannabe type and can confirm that the USB and internal hard drive media source is superior audio quality to streaming thru car play. Now I have to organize my music to download to the internal hard drive. The redeeming quality of car play is it's super easy nav across phone/waze/tidal/apple music, i'm finding the OEM navigation is just a mess.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
So I’ve spent the last 2 hrs importing music to the internal hard drive. The entire experience is a complete disaster and nearly useless. After 45min of downloading I found:

• the hard drive has significant lag, like waiting 20 seconds for the player to recognize a command
  • after studying the manual and playing with the player I still cannot figure out how to view any form of folder structure (album/artist) vs a long list of song titles … I’ve tried just about everything
  • while the sound quality seems to be better with USB and internal hard drive, Apple Car play is marginally useful
  • the infotainment cannot multi task, can you look at a map while skipping to the next track? Nope.
  • the irony is my 2018 Perf and 2017 Huracan was leaps ahead of this crap.

it’s the single worst experience I’ve seen in a modern vehicle.

I’m done with trying to use this garbage and will just go back to apple car play.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
^^An occasional issue with the EVO infotainment system is understandable a consistent one that goes uncorrected in what is the third iteration is egregious. Lamborghini apparently is unable to produce an acceptable, fully functional infotainment system for the end user.
The irony is the VW group is among the best in the industry with infotainment …..they could have simply dipped into the parts bin, just like they did with the Urus.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
can anyone else confirm they have the same static?
Yes I haven’t the same static. Fortunately for me I always have music on so it’s just mildly annoying

·
Premium Member
302 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I use car play exclusively now, the static occurs if volume is up, after start up, and while I am connecting my phone. I now connect my phone before start up and it seems to help, but I need to further test it.

as it turns out car play masks all of the problems with the infotainment. The other plus for me is the navigation is the same for the other cars I own that have car play

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Oh I see, no, I am sure that's true-true and unrelated. My 2021 had the standard 15GB hard drive and it has the same issue.
I have the internal hard drive and have the same issue as Al describes. “I thought” when I connect my iPhone via car play prior to start up it solved the problem but it hasn’t based on testing today. So, I connect my iPhone, start the car and I here static (like an am radio not tuned to a station… best way to describe it). But then I press the home menu, same static, then car pay, and it goes away. I would use my hard drive but it’s equally a mess to navigate through. Maybe it’s tied to the internal hard drive option. I will add that there is no other car I would buy at this price point and am loving the EVO but this is indeed maddening

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Honestly, the light static and lack of it remembering last song played I could live with. What I find to be even more infuriating is the lousy interface for operating the AC controls, heated seats, lack of volume knob and lastly Bluetooth dropping. That piece of crap screen ruined the fighter jet cockpit look of the car.

Don't get me started on the useless gimmick of looking down to see the steering wheel angle and torque split for LDVI. I'd rather have a screensaver there of SpongeBob as that would remind me of when my kids were younger. Navigation on the screen is another joke. I guess they feel they absolve themselves from liability when you have to accept the terms to continue on. That should tell you something right there on what a piss poor idea this whole debacle is.
Good summary. It’s utterly just plain old crap. Shocking that something so awful passes internal quality control.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
For the hell of it, I’m going to make an appointment with Sarasota lambo to investigate the static, hard drive functionality and plethora of other known issues. Just want to get it in the record … not expecting anything

1 - 17 of 17 Posts