Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Huracan EVO is relatively new and I was wondering what problems people have encountered to date and what corrective action the dealerships have successfully or not so successfully provided. People have discussed issues with the infotainment system, paint on the finished product, and recently a member had concerns about squeal from the steering. My hope is that if we catalog the issues and solutions it will be helpful to current and future EVO owners.
The EVO is a great car but, as we all know, perfection does not exist so let us know what issues you have encountered. This thread is intended to make a great car even better.............and, yes, that exhaust note, how sublime.(y)

·
Registered
384 Posts
  • I had the issue with seatbelt being a bit loose - dealer sent a video to factory, now they will replace it.
  • Once car said something related to coolant level being low. dealer had to top it a bit however i don't know why a 4 months old car would need it. then heard many people also had the coolant warning message. maybe an evo thing? Anybody had it?
  • Two finger tap on the infotainment as the shortcut for volume did not work. found out i should tap on the bottom on the line where the home virtual button is. that works now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My EVO does not have coolant light issue but it has windshield washer low light comes on every two months even without single drop use.

Car has been to shop few times and yet gone addressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My EVO does not have coolant light issue but it has windshield washer low light comes on every two months even without single drop use.

Car has been to shop few times and yet gone addressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you purchase the EVO new or was it preowned? What is the response of the dealership are they still at a loss? Has this been bumped up to the engineers in Italy yet?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My steering squeal turned out to just be the brakes... the brake squeal on cold nights at low speeds is horrendous though... never been this bad on any other car.

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My steering squeal turned out to just be the brakes... the brake squeal on cold nights at low speeds is horrendous though... never been this bad on any other car.
I have heard the dreaded brake squeal described from time to time but have never had the problem. The only recommendations is to clean those steel brakes thoroughly when washing to at least minimize the amount of brake dust that accumulates.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
The other week, I was in bad bumper-to-bumper traffic (accident) and my CCB's would absolutely shudder with vibration upon light pedal pressure. Never encountered this before not even a squeak and the CCB's have 5600 miles on them. The weekend before had gone on a run with my car club without issue and the brakes are properly bedded.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Get the car up to highway speed and slam on the brakes. That usually gets rid of brake squeal for a few days.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,805 Posts
Great thread, we can see what issues some of us have in common. My only issue is I have trouble getting the system to recognize my wireless connection. Even though my phone is connected and the phone itself works it does not so up on the source menu.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My biggest issue is no way to control volume without touch screen... and the fact that starring wheel up / down buttons do nothing

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My biggest issue is no way to control volume without touch screen... and the fact that starring wheel up / down buttons do nothing
No there isn't any other way to control the stereo volume and those up/down buttons on the steering wheel allow you to toggle through the car info and do not control volume. If you want to modulate the volume it can only be done using the infotainment touch screen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No there isn't any other way to control the stereo volume and those up/down buttons on the steering wheel allow you to toggle through the car info and do not control volume. If you want to modulate the volume it can only be done using the infotainment touch screen.

Sterring wheel has 3 buttons... only 1 of them toggles the screen others do nothing... it seems like a pretty poor design choice for no physical volume control... especially in a sports car.

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Sterring wheel has 3 buttons... only 1 of them toggles the screen others do nothing... it seems like a pretty poor design choice for no physical volume control... especially in a sports car.
That's not entirely accurate see attached PDF. In the attached PDF button #3 is the button for the on-board computer and the up and and down buttons, #1 and #2 respectively allow you to toggle up or down through said on-board computer. I have explored that feature in my car and it works that way for me at least.

Attachments

Reactions: Srac

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ilushka85 let me be more descriptive of what the up and down arrows do. Firstly they don't work or have a function on every submenu screen for example that is the case with the tire pressure and the service submenu. In the case of the Tripmeter the Up and Down arrows cycle through "Trip 1" and "Trip 2" to on the left side of the screen and on the right side of the screen they cycle through the mpg. In the Chrono screen if you press the Up arrow it starts the chrono timer and if you press the Down arrow it stops the timer.
Admittedly the Up and Down arrows do far less than in the 580 but they are functional and have purpose.

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is a more complete description of the functionality of the Up/Down arrow as it relates to the Chrono (chronometer), see attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
@Lambo2018: Where do you get all these cool Lambo .pdf files ?
I have the PDF Manuals then I use my Apple Computer/iMac and use the print function dialog box as such (see attached): I specify the page range (orange arrow), and then inside the print function panel I can use the drop down menu (red arrow) to save as a PDF file. ;)

Addendum: I also rotate the images into landscape orientation given it defeats the purpose of a useful/readable PDF file to have the pages in a portrait orientation.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And where can we get the PDF manuals ? I don't see them in my unica app nor on the website ? Am I missing something ?
I obtained the manuals from the salesperson and by now they all should have them or be able to obtain them. There are two manuals one is for the infotainment and the other is the larger EVO manual. The larger manual is too large to post on this forum it's 42mb. If your salesperson cannot get you the manuals PM and I will help you out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the info ! I'll check with my salesperson. Should be nice reading to get me through the waiting period :)

1 - 20 of 149 Posts