Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

I have heard through various sources, including a lot boy at my local dealership, that the vertical orientation of the fuel filler neck on a Gallardo (looking at an 06) has caused problems with gas pump nozzles. Specifically, I have heard that the auto-shutoff feature sometimes fails to work when fueling a Gallardo. I guess this can cause overfill and spilling. This worries me because of the location of the (freakin' hot) catalytic converter-- right above where fuel would be spilled.

Has anyone had this problem? If so, are there any good fixes? Have you reported it to Lambo and have they done anything about it? Any guidance would be sincerely appreciated!

MTW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Refueling Problems (Overflow) on Gallardo?

All:

I have heard through various sources, including a lot boy at my local dealership, that the vertical orientation of the fuel filler neck on a Gallardo (looking at an 06) has caused problems with gas pump nozzles. Specifically, I have heard that the auto-shutoff feature sometimes fails to work when fueling a Gallardo. I guess this can cause overfill and spilling. This worries me because of the location of the (freakin' hot) catalytic converter-- right above where fuel would be spilled.

Has anyone had this problem? If so, are there any good fixes? Have you reported it to Lambo and have they done anything about it? Any guidance would be sincerely appreciated!

MTW

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
yeah but if you angle it just right the automatic shut off will still work. worst case scenario it spills over a bit...most gas stations have wipes close by so u can absorb the excess...i think its only a 10-15 gallon fill from the half way point which is as low as i let her get...so as you're pumping you should sorta know when its going to be really full anyway....but it is an issue.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
It's the opposite. It always cuts off early.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Never had a problem in this area yet. But on the subject of fuel, does anyone know if the fuel tank on the G is steel or composite?

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
I find it always cuts off, which leads me to filling the tank slowly anyway, so even if it did overfill you'd have to keeo going for 5+ seconds for it to overflow the gas filler cavity, and after that it would just run down the side away from the back anyway. (the back of the car is higher)

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,647 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
no problem here either. Actually, I always pump it on the slowest of the three settings of the kickstand because I worry about that. But, I've never had any issue.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Take the cap off and wedge it between the nozzle and the inner lining of the gas cap surround. You will get the hang of it. The point is to push the rubber on the nozzle deeper in and it will let you run the damn thing without it resetting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts