Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my car today and one of the headlights is out. Only 200 miles on the car. Has anyone encountered this problem? The manual said it was not under warranty. Can I change myself?

Also, I heard of numerous complaints about the clutch going. When did they switch to the upgraded clutch? I have owned serval sports cars and never burned out a clutch. Can anyone give me some pointers as to how this car should be driven to prolong the clutch life. What not to do, can I down shift to help brake, and what to avoid?

It is silly to ask these questions having driven all these years but knowing Lambo's on going clutch problem, it is better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It's not possible that a brand new car, with 200 miles on it, would not be covered by your dealer for a (xenon) headlamp defect. There is such a thing as "implied merchantabilty", you know !!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree however the owners manual clearly states that lights are not covered under warranty. I was very shocked to read this. I will Platinum motors tommorrow and see what they say. The only problem is that I am 300 miles away from the nearest dealership. It probably would cost me more in gas, hotel just for the bulb. The on screen system says '" Right side dipped" This is the error message for the bad bulb.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Are you any relation to TOBIN MOTORS in Las Vegas? They have 4 Gallardos in stock right now and for the last while or so, 2 yellow 1 black and 1 blue. If your not related why did not you not buy there, they are used put would you not have saved thousands......Just curious if there is any info on them..... :confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are TOWBIN with a "W". I am not related to those guys, thankfully so. I went there and they couldn't even come close to what I paid for my car. I got a far better dealer than they could have ever made. They are not even an authorized Lamborghini dealership anyway. They only sell USED exotic sportscars

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I knew they were not an authorized dealer, only used cars....is the triple yellow with chrome wheels any good.........did you see it? They been trying to hook me on it with free shipping to Seattle for 157k........what do you think?

·
Registered
76 Posts
clear said:
........It probably would cost me more in gas, hotel just for the bulb.......
I wouldn't bet on it! These are gas discharge lamps and traditionally these types of lamps have been horrendously expensive. If you end up having to pay for one, please let us know what the cost was. Also remember that these are high voltage lamps and are driven by an electronics module that generates the striking and running voltage. The electronics could be faulty - unlikely but possible. It would be a shame to spend many hundreds of dollars on a new lamp, to then find that there was nothing wrong with the lamp!

If you replace it yourself, you will need to remove the luggage compartment (4 Torx screws in the bottom, the rubber seal all around, and the luggage compartment lamp). Then you can access the rear of the headlight. I had a look at one recently and couldn't exactly see how you actually got to access the lamp inside - but there again I didn't need to so I didn't study it too carefully.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the instructions. Hopefully I wont need to go this far.

Roy,

As for the Lambo at TOWBIN motorcars. I found better deals at Motorcars International in Missouri. They have been selling Lambo's for over 20 years and they are extremely reputible. I was planning on buying a 2004 Yellow w/ egear for only $153K (Still for sale). It has 2K miles. I ended up buying an orange 6spd w/ engine bonnet. two tone interior for only $152 and only 160miles. It was from www.rpmsportscars.com

I personnally would not buy from Towbin as they do not know much about the Lambo's. They have to send all their work to Platinum motors in CA. Not to mention all their cars are left outside all the time and we had substantial amount of rain this past weekend. Last weekend I stopped by and all their cars were dirty. Not much of a selling point unless you are buying a lawnmower

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Thanks for the info, YES with all the raid lately they may be like flood damage cars, its defintely not good for the motor boots.

·
Registered
32 Posts
head lamp not working.

The head lamp can be covered under warr. It is prob. not the bulb but the
voltage tranformer that is bad. Have seen more the one go bad in the last
year.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Welcome Jeff. Nice to see that you've joined us. Your expertise will surely be needed around here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks Raymond

I Have A Little Extra Time Here And There, Will Post When I Have The Time To Do So, Grant Keeps Me Working Most Of The Time. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts