Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is there a way to get the prior service history on a Lamborghini? When I purchased my 2005 Gallardo it didn't have anything with it, just the pre-purchase inspection I had done at an authorized service center. I don't have any major concerns, just more curious than anything and probably would help resale to have it. Thanks in advance if anyone has some insight.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
So is there a way to get the prior service history on a Lamborghini? When I purchased my 2005 Gallardo it didn't have anything with it, just the pre-purchase inspection I had done at an authorized service center. I don't have any major concerns, just more curious than anything and probably would help resale to have it. Thanks in advance if anyone has some insight.
Access Carfax and look at the names of the dealers that serviced the car. Call each one and request the service records. The authorized Lamborghini Dealers will have the records in their systems. And if the Lamborghini Dealers have linked their systems maybe just one dealer can get all the records.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car was in California its whole life. It was serviced at Lamborghini Newport Beach. They told me I needed written authorization from all previous owners to release service information.

·
Registered
790 Posts
That sounds like a crock. I bought my 2011 with 4369 miles through Lamborghini Palm Beach and they serviced it before delivery. The car was originally sold by St. Louis Motorcars and I contacted them to inquire if any work had been done there. They were happy to tell me that the only maintenance performed on the car was the factory specified First Service at 3396 miles. Unless CA has some draconian privacy laws, L Newport Beach seems like they're just not interested in expending the effort to check their records.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds like a crock. I bought my 2011 with 4369 miles through Lamborghini Palm Beach and they serviced it before delivery. The car was originally sold by St. Louis Motorcars and I contacted them to inquire if any work had been done there. They were happy to tell me that the only maintenance performed on the car was the factory specified First Service at 3396 miles. Unless CA has some draconian privacy laws, L Newport Beach seems like they're just not interested in expending the effort to check their records.
I talked with Bill Pierson, the supposed service manager at Lamborghini Newport Beach and that's what he told me. I kinda dropped it after that.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
I talked with Bill Pierson, the supposed service manager at Lamborghini Newport Beach and that's what he told me. I kinda dropped it after that.
I have heard that several time before. Are the dealerships concerned about possible litigation?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have heard that several time before. Are the dealerships concerned about possible litigation?
It's not like I am asking for previous owner information, just the service history on the car. I can't see how that's a privacy issue. If anyone has an "in" at that dealership maybe you could help?

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
That's pretty much the norm now, sadly. As was mentioned you can try to call each place the car visited that's on the CarFax, but it is hit or miss whether they will give you info about what services were done. Ridiculous I know...we're asking for info about the CAR, not the previous owners.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
That's pretty much the norm now, sadly. As was mentioned you can try to call each place the car visited that's on the CarFax, but it is hit or miss whether they will give you info about what services were done. Ridiculous I know...we're asking for info about the CAR, not the previous owners.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
It's not like I am asking for previous owner information, just the service history on the car. I can't see how that's a privacy issue. If anyone has an "in" at that dealership maybe you could help?
My dealership accommodated me with the service record but when they took the car back from the original owner after 9 months the dealership performed the first service.

Though, I have to think even with redacted service records the dealerships is probably concerned about possible litigation.

·
Registered
790 Posts
My dealership accommodated me with the service record but when they took the car back from the original owner after 9 months the dealership performed the first service.

Though, I have to think even with redacted service records the dealerships is probably concerned about possible litigation.
I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV. But I just don't understand the litigation risk for a dealer in sharing service information on a car without any reference to the owner. A dealer can tell you if authorized recalls have been done on a car by the referencing the VIN. What's different about telling someone they changed the engine oil?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV. But I just don't understand the litigation risk for a dealer in sharing service information on a car without any reference to the owner. A dealer can tell you if authorized recalls have been done on a car by the referencing the VIN. What's different about telling someone they changed the engine oil?
Though maybe you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in the past.
It doesn't make sense to me either but I too am not an attorney. I will see if my sales person can shed some light on this matter.

·
Registered
536 Posts
First they made me jump through hoops to prove I owned the car. After the proof they said they couldn’t do it. I offered to pay for the copies and their time to make them. Also said just black out the previous owner info. After all was said and done they told me I didn’t build the service record so I couldn’t have the service record.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
After all was said and done they told me I didn’t build the service record so I couldn’t have the service record.
If that is the only reason they can provide that is crazy arrogant.

·
Registered
790 Posts
First they made me jump through hoops to prove I owned the car. After the proof they said they couldn’t do it. I offered to pay for the copies and their time to make them. Also said just black out the previous owner info. After all was said and done they told me I didn’t build the service record so I couldn’t have the service record.
Let me clarify my earlier comment regarding getting service record information from St. Louis Motorcars. They provided me with no written paperwork or copies. They checked their records while I was on the phone and verbally told me that they performed the recommended First Service. I think the details of this are in the owner's manual or the shop manual. Your issue sounds like the difference between a cooperative dealer who cares about customers and owners and one that could care less about helping and doesn't want to be bothered. It wouldn't be the first Lamborghini dealer who behaved this way.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I bet one of the previous owners is Al Capone and they're afraid to be put down :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
I bet one of the previous owners is Al Capone and they're afraid to be put down :rolleyes:
Or one of his blood relatives. Alas, Al’s death predates the Lamborghini brand by about 16 years. Is Al a time traveler and maybe the rumors of his death were greatly exaggerated.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The service manager did say he knew a previou
LOL....the service manager did act like a previous owner was either a famous person or a big time client.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Due to privacy laws it is quite common for dealers to be reluctant to provide service history without previous owner's consent. We have bought most of our cars used and I have run into this almost every time.
I know this is going to sound sexist but it is what it is. I request the service records and get shot down.... my wife walks in with a low cut dress, nice pair of heels, a smile and comes out with the records without fail.

Just saying

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.