Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very clean car. As nice a spec as they come. Clean carfax w/ 2 owners. LOC exhaust w/ stock exhaust comes with car. Never seen a drop of rain. (or so I have been told) It is clean enough inside and out to believe.

Pics below.

[info from later post]

Car is coming off consignment in a couple weeks. Probably going to sell on my own which leaves me a little more room in the number.
Had a few offers but most looking to steal it. One very serious guy had Charlotte Lambo do a ppi. Passed with no issue. Was told verbally clutch live was 80% or greater. (clutch was done at 7k miles and 15 on the car now).

Anyway if anyone is interested, I can say, and most people who see the car say it is one of the cleanest spyders they have seen. 100% car. Only mod is a LOC exhaust and it comes with orig exhaust.

3 other yellow spyders on market below 20k miles. All 105-110.
New car coming next week . Asking 103 for the car.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Itsa , you are selling already? What can you share as to why?

I am shopping 610's. I am still torn since I dont like the 610 spyders and that is the most fun thing about the car. But I love the looks of the 610 coupe as well.

But part of me really wants to have something I can rack up the miles without thinking about it. This might sound stupid, but I felt guilty at times driving it. The thing is like so perfectly clean, the thought of taking it out if there is even puddle is not even a consideration.

I think the H can be more a daily if you wanted to use it as such. In a perfect world, I would have both. I debated a long time of the rawness of the G and the sound. Really was not an easy decision and I still am not confident it is the right one.

But maybe it is something I come back to? Hands down the pre-lp spyder has been the most enjoyable experience I have ever had in anything with 4 wheels.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
@Itsagoodday, upgrade-itis strikes again. It's an insidious disease many on this forum can relate to........I will be starting a new support group to help those so afflicted................UA................Upgraders Anonymous. ;)

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,487 Posts
I am still really confused as to your response because 16,000 miles on a Gallardo you can drive and drive and drive and drive and the value is already depreciated for the large part. If you go by an Huracan for effectively double your basis, each mile you drive will cost you a lot more. To me, what you already have is the drivable car that you should not feel guilty about racking up the miles on.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am still really confused as to your response because 16,000 miles on a Gallardo you can drive and drive and drive and drive and the value is already depreciated for the large part. If you go by an Huracan for effectively double your basis, each mile you drive will cost you a lot more. To me, what you already have is the drivable car that you should not feel guilty about racking up the miles on.

I dont know that there is any true justification for anything with these things. I try the best I can to reconcile and make sense of it. Like I said, I am not convinced that I am making the 'right' decision either. My son (who is 13 has a lot of say in the matter also). The car 'thing' is something we do together.

My experiences of driving the H vs the G is I really love them both, for different reasons. Having both would be awesome but not practical for me.

I dont know that this all 'makes sense', but when I figure it out I will let you know! I know many G owners regret moving on to the H so I will figure that out soon enough.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
@Itsagoodday, I know where you're coming from. I went from a 2019 580-2 to a 2021 EVO RWD after 6 months and do not regret it. It's fun to experience different Lamborghini models. Enjoy the new adventure!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I dont know that there is any true justification for anything with these things. I try the best I can to reconcile and make sense of it. Like I said, I am not convinced that I am making the 'right' decision either. My son (who is 13 has a lot of say in the matter also). The car 'thing' is something we do together.

My experiences of driving the H vs the G is I really love them both, for different reasons. Having both would be awesome but not practical for me.

I dont know that this all 'makes sense', but when I figure it out I will let you know! I know many G owners regret moving on to the H so I will figure that out soon enough.
You're talking about using it as a daily so the 610 makes sense if you factor in the newer tech, more modern interior, parking sensors/rear camera, cruise control etc.

When looking at it from a depreciation standpoint, it doesn't make sense since you already have 15000 miles on the G it is in no way a low mileage example and is much farther along the depreciation curve than the 610. The cost per mile of ownership is going to be higher with the 610.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Itsagoodday, I know where you're coming from. I went from a 2019 580-2 to a 2021 EVO RWD after 6 months and do not regret it. It's fun to experience different Lamborghini models. Enjoy the new adventure!
Sounds great! I am a variety type guy. (except still with my wife!). New (or new to me) keeps things fun and interesting. I have often wondered it there was a single car that might hold my interest, and I just dont picture there is. I see these guys who have owned cars for 15-20 years and it is cool, but I just dont see me being that guy.

Unless I built a barn and bought them and never sold. But then I might not have my wife! ;)

You're talking about using it as a daily so the 610 makes sense if you factor in the newer tech, more modern interior, parking sensors/rear camera, cruise control etc.

When looking at it from a depreciation standpoint, it doesn't make sense since you already have 15000 miles on the G it is in no way a low mileage example and is much farther along the depreciation curve than the 610. The cost per mile of ownership is going to be higher with the 610.
Yea, the G is the perfect car for me to own and have it virtually cost me nothing. I could probably put 1-2k miles a year on it and the value is not really changing. But, the H looks like a lot of fun as well! I have always loved the lines of the H!

I don’t know any. Surprising that you know many. Good luck choosing, Huracan is a great car.
I know a few, but most say they would want BOTH! I think I will miss the rawness of the G. Driving the H can almost be boring (if you wanted it to be). The spectrum of it's performance and every day drive ability is really amazing. The G on the other hand, is never something that fails to get your attention when driving. From the first start with the LOC exhaust, you never get a chance to think about much else. (especially with the top down!).

If budget were no option, I'd have an H and an Aventador. I love the raw nature of the single clutch. :D

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
Sounds great! I am a variety type guy. (except still with my wife!). New (or new to me) keeps things fun and interesting. I have often wondered it there was a single car that might hold my interest, and I just dont picture there is. I see these guys who have owned cars for 15-20 years and it is cool, but I just dont see me being that guy.

Unless I built a barn and bought them and never sold. But then I might not have my wife! ;)
I hear you I have changed quite a few cars over the past 3 years and had a blast. Though, truthfully I wish I had started with Lamborghini from the beginning and side stepped Porsche but life is all about having fun and new experiences.
You have chosen wisely change cars not wives......it's a lot cheaper and much more fun! Enjoy your new car whatever your choice. Cheers! 🥂

·
Super Moderator
3,501 Posts
I had a manual LP Gallardo, Twin turbo Huracan, and Aventador roadster all at the same time. Gallardo collected dust, Huracan saw very little seat time, Aventador was always driven. Of course it’s subjective, but That was my experience.

I was at my beach house for a long time due to Covid so I sold most of my cars off. Whatever you buy you’ll enjoy.

Reactions: Itsagoodday

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Car is coming off consignment in a couple weeks. Probably going to sell on my own which leaves me a little more room in the number.
Had a few offers but most looking to steal it. One very serious guy had Charlotte Lambo do a ppi. Passed with no issue. Was told verbally clutch live was 80% or greater. (clutch was done at 7k miles and 15 on the car now).

Anyway if anyone is interested, I can say, and most people who see the car say it is one of the cleanest spyders they have seen. 100% car. Only mod is a LOC exhaust and it comes with orig exhaust.

3 other yellow spyders on market below 20k miles. All 105-110.
New car coming next week . Asking 103 for the car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good luck with the sale, this does look extremely clean. Just as a word of advice though, I just picked up the same spec, just with a few thousand miles more for about $20k less. So to get it to move, you may need to come down. But then again, you may find that guy willing to pay over $100k.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Good luck with the sale, this does look extremely clean. Just as a word of advice though, I just picked up the same spec, just with a few thousand miles more for about $20k less. So to get it to move, you may need to come down. But then again, you may find that guy willing to pay over $100k.

That is a great buy. Not sure when you bought. Not many go though auction, but 2/10/21 a 28k mile spyder ran at 86k and 1/22 a 8k mile one went 91. Gray and white (not as desirable colors). Dealer offered me 91k straight buy. (no trade). So you buying one in the 80's w/ 15k miles and clean carfax perfect car is a steal!

You made a great buy. Currently 3 similar on market, all significantly higher. Market is certainly higher post coivd as it is across most Lamobs. Any way, you got in well! Enjoy the car. It is an awesome car!

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Very nice example. Good luck with the sale.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,506 Posts
Once you get into the right Huracan you will forget all about your G. I loved both of mine, but after I got my first Huracan it was a whole new game. Never had any regrets at all.

Reactions: Itsagoodday

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Once you get into the right Huracan you will forget all about your G. I loved both of mine, but after I got my first Huracan it was a whole new game. Never had any regrets at all.

Thanks man! Love the insight coming from a guy that knows. I'd make a case for keeping both, but I never stay too interested in one thing for too long. (except my wife ;) ). I have never enjoyed a car as much as the gallardo spyder but I am excited to try an H. Pretty close to locking down a deal. Will share details when it is done. Could have it as early as next week!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts