Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, did a search. Its clear film made by 3m?

Is it noticeable? I assume you get it done by the garage?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Where do you live? My car had it since 2001 with 12k miles and there is not one chip on the bumber and only 3to 5 on the hood.

You Really cant tell unless you look very close.
Also I would suggest getting a custom one because you need it to look as perfect as possible

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Done a search on google and found a place www.paintshield.co.uk (hope the link is ok) that has the template for the Gallardo, and just done an orange one.

Gonna try and pop over to see it on another car.

I live in west london (UK).

Dont know much about this so advice is greatly appreciated :) What is the ballpark cost, so I dont get ripped off.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Depending on how much you do.
I suggest doing the full front bumper, half the hood, the lights, the side of the door were it might hit another car when opening the door and some other goodies.
I called my friend who does the Clear Bra and he will call me back with more info. He is in Los Angeles as well

·
Registered
299 Posts
Stone chips are proportional to the driving speed - more than mileage when I drive well over 245/250 kph - there is a much better chance to get a small stone chip - Countaches are very prone under thre rear fender flair and the fron bumper/front hood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, the 3M stoneguard is probably your best bet. It does become visible from closeup and after it ages a bit(yellows), but it certainly helps protect the front of the vehicle. If you do quite a bit of highway driving, I would reccomend it as your best bet to avoid chips.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i've heard that clear bras don't look great on all colors. i've seen them on yellow and red cars and they look fine. not sure about black. anyone try or see one on a black car? i suspect it is more noticeable on some colors.

·
Registered
323 Posts
we here in europe never use bra's or whatever looks like it. a lamborghini needs to be driven, every day, and as hard as possible, we dont care for crisps...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts