Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

I currently have a 1998 Diablo SV - what's the preferred replacement clutch? Seems to be several aftermarket options as well as OEM units. I've also had rare units resurfaced by ClutchMasters who can make custom compound specifications.

What's current preferred thinking?

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
255 Posts
I have a custom Evans Auto kevlar clutch. Apparently a lot heartier than the stock unit. Tim told me that they have seen ones at 30k miles that look great and should last to 50k if not abused.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Depends how you drive. I get 30-40,000km out of OEM. Then when it's time to replace, I put in the kevlar from HiTech Exotics. I've got no complaints at all.

Reactions: Hi Tech Exotic

·
Vendor
1,810 Posts
Depends how you drive. I get 30-40,000km out of OEM. Then when it's time to replace, I put in the kevlar from HiTech Exotics. I've got no complaints at all.
Thank you for your kind words. I think you have had our Kevlar clutch for 8-9 years now. You've put some miles on it too. You even attended the Lamborghini 50th Anniversary in Italy and many other events and the clutch is going strong.

·
Vendor
1,810 Posts
Hi All -

I currently have a 1998 Diablo SV - what's the preferred replacement clutch? Seems to be several aftermarket options as well as OEM units. I've also had rare units resurfaced by ClutchMasters who can make custom compound specifications.

What's current preferred thinking?
We have Diablo clutches that can last up to 300% longer than an oem clutch. It also has a 30% lighter/softer clutch pedal pressure.

You can read more from our customers here:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.