Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been discussed before, I did a quick search and there was only one thread from early 2020.

What are your guys' thoughts on prices for a decent Huracan over the next year?

I was looking at a higher mileage LP but it sold before I could get to the dealer. I've been looking at second gen R8s but they seem so close in price to 2020 prices for Huracans that it doesn't make sense to eat the depreciation when I trade it in later as my goal is the Huracan.

Currently prices are around $240-250k ($195k US) for the cheapest non-accident Huracan in Canada. These prices had dipped down to $200k ($160k US) pre-covid

It seems like these cars are not super rare and shouldn't hold or go up in value but what do you guys think? Will we see $160k US by next summer? Some say prices will stay elevated till 2025.

Never bought an exotic before other than Porches so i'm a little stumped if I should wait a bit for Huracan prices to dip or just buy an R8 / GTR or 911 now and trade it in later when Huracan's come down to pre-covid prices.

Reason Im trying to keep it in the $200k CAD threshold is because of the crazy 26% tax up here compared to 15% for cars under $125k

·
Registered
129 Posts
$160,000, US 2020 Huracan, next summer. NO! I think you will be lucky to find one at 260.

Myself, just like most other owners, have been offered more than we bought new cars for. My dealer calls me monthly offering, 10% more than I paid for the car and now it has 1000 miles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$160,000, US 2020 Huracan, next summer. NO! I think you will be lucky to find one at 260.

Myself, just like others are begin offered more than they bought the car for. My dealer calling me monthly and offering, 10% more than I paid upfront for a car with 1000 miles on it.
Yes I don’t see them hitting $160k but I can see them in the $175-$180k. Never studied older Lambo price patterns so I’m not sure. Also, the model is due for a redesign soon so not sure how that will factor into the price

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I don't see prices dropping anytime soon and expect they may nudge up even higher. Also in today's crazy world and market, older Lambo price patterns are basically irrelevant. It's a whole new ball game going forward at this point.

·
Registered
304 Posts
$160k for a decent Huracan next summer is a pipe dream. Many dealers are sold out for the rest of the Huracan life cycle, inflation is going up, V10 will cease production, and with Huracans being more reliable mileage may not play as much of a factor in reducing the price. I just don’t see it happening. Some people are already offering to buy my Evo which isn’t even delivered yet if I happen to “change my mind”.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It seems like these cars are not super rare and shouldn't hold or go up in value but what do you guys think? Will we see $160k US by next summer? Some say prices will stay elevated till 2025.
They weren't even that low 2 years ago...the market is much stronger now and will likely stay strong (I don't think it will keep rising but it will certainly fall slower than it rose) plus end of ICE etc. will keep prices up.

I don't think you will ever see $160k US. Look at what Gallardos are going for right now, and that's with the Huracan being a worthy successor...V8/V6 hybrid next means even more long term huracan strength IMO.

·
Registered
149 Posts
When I was looking for a 2015 Huracan last year prices were in the 180s for the spec I wanted. I did see basic 610s for 160s. The 180 price range held steady from Q4 2019. Now those same cars are asking. 240s.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
could this change? I spoke to the dealer yesterday and they said it applies to used cars as well. I’m guessing he was trying to push me to buy now rather than wait till after January
The luxury tax is basically a levy for new luxury vehicles which is why the tax amount will need to be paid in full even if you're leasing. There's nothing to indicate that it'll apply to used luxury vehicles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i’ve said this before, unfortunately you won’t see a dip in prices (anything substantial) for the next 18-24 months. the market is just too strong right now for all super cars. but the kicker is that Huracans have always been a desirable car and prices have always held steady.

your call on buying, you might luck out and find some really high mileage Huracan for close to 200k in 12+ months, but i wouldn’t count on it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seen very few used Hs up here in low 200s. Usually high miles poor options an accidents. Values on these hold very very well. You will br sitting for awhile waiting for it to come down in price man. I have been following em for years

·
Registered
146 Posts
Plus you will have to compete with me for one of them. My original budget was 210K(CAD) to 230K but now gotta save up because there aren't any under 250K and nothing I like under 270K! Sheesh for the same price I could own a second vette, a C8 and a Gallardo and modify it to look like a super trofeo.

Sucks that prices have gone up so much and I don't want to sell the vette to cover the difference.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't see them going down, you see the odd one pop up on Autotrader here in Canada but they are either a scam or have a claim. Even the high mileage ones, ie: 40k plus KMs ones, are still trading quite high. It's a desirable car that is very reliable so until supply outstrips demand it will stay up.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I think prices will continue to rise. The US is the largest Lambo market in the world. Everything the government is doing is highly inflationary. If a car is 180K today and the dollar loses 10% in the next 12 months, the car price will have to increase 18K just to stay the same. One caveat. If the economy tanks, supercar prices are sure to drop. The policies now are both destructive AND inflationary. Your choice but if you are in a good position now, buy it. Lee

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,550 Posts
It was a little over a year ago I bought a preowned 2019 Rosso Mars Metallic 580-2 for ~ 196K plus free shipping. The 580 had a full frontal PPF and 1640 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
2 years 8 months ago bought $270k msrp 580-2 1000 miles with laser jammer tint and ceramic coating for $190K no sales tax via private party from friend.

Daily driver 7xxx miles and minimal loss incurred if i was to sell now.

Functioning volume and A/C knob and flawless Bluetooth to stream Spotify connects 100% of the time.

Could give 2 fxxx about Alexa and Carplay TBH.

Owners of new EVO are settling for suboptimal Infotainment IMHO.

Ill pocket the loose change and upgrade my beach car from 2019 Countryman S.

Waiting on Maserati MC-20 to pique my interest. Time will tell

1 - 20 of 33 Posts