Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I'm just posting this. I've been in and out of my home for the last 4 weeks. In the up coming few days, I'll be posting some pictures and my experience with the Player's Run. Let me just say, not one of the 6 Lambos had a breakdown. OK, I had my brake light switch failure... more on that later. In the mean time here are some pictures and my take on the event.

A day prior to the event, I read about the disaster that happened in California Speedway. http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=2118
I decided not to tell my wife about it, as she would definitely ask me to cancel our trip and ship my car back home. With that looming on my mind, I told myself that I would have fun but would also have to be very careful.

A month prior to the Player’s Run, Tiny Bull (Alex) and I had our cars prepped for the event. We contacted several transport companies then finally decided to use www.enclosedvehicletransport.com to deliver our cars at Roytoy’s place. The pickup of our cars did not go as planned. The transport was delayed a couple of days. My car was loaded up on the two car enclosed trailer first. It took the driver almost an hour to load up my car as it barely fit the trailer. My car’s rear wheels cleared the trailer wheel well only by half an inch on each side. The side mirrors did not clear the ramp supporting cable at all. We had to prop the mirrors to stay folded and yank the cable out of the way to shoehorned my car in. After about 10 tries, my car was finally secured in the trailer. Because of the slight delay on picking up our cars, we had to reroute the delivery to downtown Seattle to get our cars register for the event in time. The simple tasks of unloading the cars became a major issue as the driver arrived in downtown during Friday rush hour. He was driving around trying finding a place to unload. With Roy’s help, he was able to guide the driver to a safe location to unload our cars. Alex’s Gallardo was unloaded without any drama. My car, on the other hand had to be guided down by 4 people with me inside the car steering. Unfortunately, one of my rear wheels ended up getting scratched. Roy, Alex and I drove down to the Fairmont Hotel to get our cars registered and prepped by the Player’s Run crew. When we got there, there were already 30+ cars there prepped and ready to go. We were warmly greeted by fellow Runners when we arrived in the garage. I told my wife, this is going to be a great event. Everyone seems to be so friendly and nice. After the event, I found out that I was mistaken. These group of guys are event better than I expected.

Please excuse these pictures, these were taken on my Treo. The others will be nicer.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I own an enclosed trailer and have trailered my cars many times. The diablo is a tight fit no doubt. I end up with about 1" between the tires and the wheel wells.

I'm curious how your rear rim got damaged?

-mick

PS Some simple tricks I've learnt over the years that may help the next guy:

1) I pull the front tires up to the ramp and touch it. I make sure its evenly spaced (side to side) even at this point.

2) I use the trailers cables and my cars mirrors to tell me that I am even spaced on the way in. If the car is not square as you pass the cables don't keep going.

3) If the mirrors will not clear, fold them back a bit and insert a quarter in the gap to keep them folded back.

4) Even with the trailer hitched to the tow vehicle, jack the front of the trailer up a few inches to level out the back and leave more room for the cars front air dam to clear.

6) I have a mark on the trailer roof where my open drivers door meets to know that I'm in far enough.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gday said:
I own an enclosed trailer and have trailered my cars many times. The diablo is a tight fit no doubt. I end up with about 1" between the tires and the wheel wells.

I'm curious how your rear rim got damaged?

-mick

PS Some simple tricks I've learnt over the years that may help the next guy:

1) I pull the front tires up to the ramp and touch it. I make sure its evenly spaced (side to side) even at this point.

2) I use the trailers cables and my cars mirrors to tell me that I am even spaced on the way in. If the car is not square as you pass the cables don't keep going.

3) If the mirrors will not clear, fold them back a bit and insert a quarter in the gap to keep them folded back.

4) Even with the trailer hitched to the tow vehicle, jack the front of the trailer up a few inches to level out the back and leave more room for the cars front air dam to clear.

6) I have a mark on the trailer roof where my open drivers door meets to know that I'm in far enough.
To begin with, the car did not go in perfectly square. The driver was winching it up and down the trailer. Finally we got it in the trailer a little crooked.

The right rear wheel was scratched a little but nothing major. It only peeled the clear coat. Later on the Player's Run , I will really scrape my two rear wheels on the stupid decision of driving my car in the "Redwood Drive In Tree". More on this later.

Great tips on how to trailer a Diablo, I'll save that info for the Running of the Bulls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts