Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know anything about the pre LP Gallardo thermostat? At Eurospares it looks it looks like the thermostat is only sold with housing, 07L198113 for 170€. Is there a cheaper alternative? Can’t image that the thermostat is unique to the Gallardo.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi

Was hoping you had got a reply by now.

I was wanting to replace mine due to my fans being on almost permanently. I live in Ireland so it's never that warm for this to happen.

Why are you replacing yours???

Pre Lp also

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Was hoping you had got a reply by now.

I was wanting to replace mine due to my fans being on almost permanently. I live in Ireland so it's never that warm for this to happen.

Why are you replacing yours???

Pre Lp also

Me too 😆

I don’t have any heating issues, but I’ll soon take out the engine to replace the connecting rods. So when everything is easy accessible, it make sense to replace parts that eventually will go bad. My car is pushing 16 years.

Let’s hope the combined knowledge of this forum will be able to provide us with answers 😊

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its a bit annoying but better on than off I suppose.

I'd like to swap them over for new ones to see if it helps.

Would help if I could do it cheaper for a what if lol.

·
Registered
2008 Superleggera
140 Posts
Best bet is to hope there's a part number on the actual thermostat, chances are its from a 1993 Audi or something similar and only costs $4.99 when purchased without the housing...

·
Registered
125 Posts
It works fine for me

Use the part number in the pic. Did a search on eBay £25 for the same part The list goes on fits all Gs

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, relax guys 😆
It’s the other way around. I change the thermostat, because I’m taking out the engine anyway, to upgrade the connecting rods.
I guess the thermostat can be changed from underneath, but it looks tight and you can’t see what you are doing. Like most other Lambo jobs 😄
But I’ll we update this thread with pictures from the thermostat replacement, when I get that far.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got suckered here 😆
The recommendation about a alternative thermostat was not top notch 😄
No financial disaster 😊
So the search continuous.....

·
Registered
761 Posts
Oh thank goodness! I was about to have a heart attack if you had to pull the engine for a thermostat. I can handle tight fits, but pulling an engine, no thanks!

Too bad that didn't work out. What is the price for the original Lamborghini tstat?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts