Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm in the process of splicing my LP tail lights and wiring it up with a 6-pin waterproof plug I got for a plug and play fit with the oem 6-pin plug.

I think I know mostly which wires are which but I don't know the reason for this second 2-pin plug?

Gas Electrical wiring Plumbing valve Engineering Machine

My question is will it be necessary to keep the 2 separate plugs or can I just chop off both car end plugs and wire it all into a new 6-pin plug and call it a day? The euro version LP tail lights I have only have 1 plug.

Musical instrument Guitar accessory Guitar Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Hmmmm…. What do they trace back to?

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm…. What do they trace back to?
I suspect it's the power brake lights but I'm not sure if it's the clearance mode lighting either.
I didn't want to cut the oem harness to try lol.
Will be cutting the LP harness, but that won't give me the answer either.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Fender Cable Gadget
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Auto part

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Thanks for the help anyways bro. Maybe another member can look at those pics and identify that second plug.

I will hold off abit until then.
I searched the entire service manual and I it doesn’t even mention the brake lights!

Reactions: Gated666

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I searched the entire service manual and I it doesn’t even mention the brake lights!
Appreciate the search!

I suppose I will order the same 2 pin plug and wire it up exactly into a brake light bulb on the LP tail lights so they are plug and play with pre-LP pig tails.

Gallardo brake light bulbs are dual filaments so my assumptions are its related to that.

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
We’re those lights OEMed to other car brands? Maybe a method to activate light wipers and cleaner fluid???? Just my WAG.
The LP lights are unfortunately unique to 09-14 Gallardo only. There is a USA version and a EURO version. The lights themselves used to be affordable, but now a NEW pair goes for around $5k for the pair/harness etc! The 04-08 lights are much less expensive and I've gotten customers replacements for those (many fall out while driving due to brittle tabs from the heat)

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We’re those lights OEMed to other car brands? Maybe a method to activate light wipers and cleaner fluid???? Just my WAG.
These are the OEM tail light and OEM harness from a PreLP Gallardo and LP which is specific to Lamborghini. However, the pin plug hardware they use are NOT specific to lamborghini or the gallardo it self.

You can order them on Amazon or ebay to make a plug and play fit.

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those lights are unfortunately unique to 09-14 Gallardo only. There is a USA version and a EURO version. The lights themselves used to be affordable, but now a NEW pair goes for around $5k for the pair/harness etc!
I will be splicing my euro LP lights and I'll do the write up once I'm done for a Pre-LP plug and play conversion. Just didn't want to make a short or something with that 2 pin second plug on the preLP harness.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I still have my wiring kits / looms from the Renown kit I purchased years ago. Hopefully it works out for you, I don't know the pin outs or anything of the like for the pigtails it came with. Be aware others I believe some have tried what you are doing and encountered error code lights on the dash. Good luck !

Post pics to show how it turns out.

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I still have my wiring kits / looms from the Renown kit I purchased years ago. Hopefully it works out for you, I don't know the pin outs or anything of the like for the pigtails it came with. Be aware others I believe some have tried what you are doing and encountered error code lights on the dash. Good luck !

Post pics to show how it turns out.
Do you know if your Renown kit is only 1 plug on either end of the pigtails? Or is there 2 on each end?

I already know which wires are what and that bulbs are dual filaments. I just need to know the purpose of the 2-pin plug which I'm stuck on. The 2-pin plug is also connected to the lights on the oem wiring harness.

I've already gone too far and error codes on dash will be the least of my problems now as I have to keep moving forward 😅

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
256 Posts
I haven't opened this box in such a long time now even I have questions LOL

I have new US spec tail lights, so unsure if they are different from your EURO spec. There are two pigtails as pictured, I am not sure what the 2 wire pigtail is for or where it would connect. It doesn't seem to have any place to connect into the LP tail light.

Bumper Musical instrument Gas Machine Engineering

Bicycle part Electrical wiring Cable Composite material Auto part

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't opened this box in such a long time now even I have questions LOL

I have new US spec tail lights, so unsure if they are different from your EURO spec. There are two pigtails as pictured, I am not sure what the 2 wire pigtail is for or where it would connect. It doesn't seem to have any place to connect into the LP tail light.

View attachment 306619
View attachment 306618

Sweet! This actually helps me out alot bro, thank you! 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Based on what I've learned, I believe you have the Euro spec tail lights as the US spec didn't have the 5 bulbs going across the top for turn signals.

My tail lights are EXACTLY like yours with the 1 plug and I also have a 2 wire pigtail from the PreLP OEM lights which I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate them into the LP tail lights.

There is no place to plug them into the LP tail light is my question to this thread 😅

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sweet! This actually helps me out alot bro, thank you! 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Based on what I've learned, I believe you have the Euro spec tail lights as the US spec didn't have the 5 bulbs going across the top for turn signals.

My tail lights are EXACTLY like yours with the 1 plug and I also have a 2 wire pigtail from the PreLP OEM lights which I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate them into the LP tail lights.

There is no place to plug them into the LP tail light is my question to this thread 😅
It seems I also have no place to plug mine in, so thanks I thought they were US spec.

Let me know how yours works out. Kit I was sold was to be plug and play. So maybe you don't need to do anything with that wire ?

Unless glen from AMH or Ray from Renown still lingers here and could comment.

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It seems I also have no place to plug mine in, so thanks I thought they were US spec.

Let me know how yours works out. Kit I was sold was to be plug and play. So maybe you don't need to do anything with that wire ?

Unless glen from AMH or Ray from Renown still lingers here and could comment.
I was also following Tavarish's install on YouTube and it appears he didn't use that extra 2-Pin plug either.

He converted his US spec to Euro by drilling the 5 holes to house the bulbs for the turn signal bar.
Which looks alot better IMO.

I will wire everything up and incorporate that 2-Pin wire in with the brake light wire to create the 6-pin plug with 2 wires in 1 of the pins. If that makes sense lol.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Not following tbh :)

Although I'm trying to relate what you're doing with the harnesses I have.

I would guess in my case I would just omit the 2 wire harness or plug.

·
Registered
Gated Giallo Midas
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not following tbh :)

Although I'm trying to relate what you're doing with the harnesses I have.

I would guess in my case I would just omit the 2 wire harness or plug.
Haha I was sourcing what ever information was available using different internet platforms.

I will also omit the 2-Pin plug itself but the wiring for it still needs to be connect to something so I will wire it in with the brake light bulb.

Hope it doesn't explode 😅

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
Yep, think DIY is too much a gamble on this one..... they got you if you want it bad enough accept the $25k price tag and get it done with no reservations or doubts. I wouldn't hesitate to go to Lambo Dallas given their reputation and it might help they were the original selling Dealer of my car...... I'd love to ship it down there and get it done but just not on the priority list right now and see how this weird market thing plays out.
We can hope @Gated666 finds a way to make it work which would help others. This is still around $5k to do properly typically. Not affordable.

Now, I could have my one factory make a brand new 04-08 LED tail with a new mold and design it new from the ground up, but this would require us to invest at least $5k+ for a new mold/harness, etc, where I could probably sell the lights around $1,500 a pair. This, however, takes TIME and I don't know if the demand is even there for it. I even had some designs done ahead of time with some picsof what they'd look like. I think many like the 04-08 tails - if they were a cooler LED version.

Reactions: Gated666
1 - 20 of 32 Posts