Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some of you have posted up about your broken tail light tabs. Here is the solution I chose.

This shows a repair technique I use which combines laser cutting and glue to feature match profiles for strong adhesion. Total repair time was a couple of hours including fitting all new "Osram" bulbs

Cheers
Keith

·
Registered
774 Posts
I just used some Epoxy Putty to mold new tabs into shape, reinforcing existing ones that were there or replacing missing ones. You shape it into place, then just use a dremel to cut out and refine the shape/screw hole. Epoxy putty is immensely heat resistant, not sensitive to water/elements and provides for what I feel is a stronger repair than even the original plastic that was in use. It was about 10 dollars in steel reinforced epoxy putty and about 1 hour to do all sides.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just used some Epoxy Putty to mold new tabs into shape, reinforcing existing ones that were there or replacing missing ones. You shape it into place, then just use a dremel to cut out and refine the shape/screw hole. Epoxy putty is immensely heat resistant, not sensitive to water/elements and provides for what I feel is a stronger repair than even the original plastic that was in use. It was about 10 dollars in steel reinforced epoxy putty and about 1 hour to do all sides.
As there are 101 similar products, could I trouble you to tell me the brand/product of epoxy putty that you used please.
This will save me re-inventing the wheel:)
Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice are you selling the tabs ? I have 2 broken tabs on one of my tail lights. Currently just have them zip tied lol
When I get around to doing my other tab I could make up a nice kit. I am not sure when I will get to it.

Note on epoxy, the lights being a glass fibre will break loose of most epoxies after a couple of years of thermal cycles and vibration. This is why I interlocked and welded it. I will see if my fix holds up for a year and do the other tab

1 - 7 of 7 Posts