Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to express thanks to Jason B for all his help. Even before I found the car I wanted, he offered up to help in any way he could in my search.

Now, with my car delivered I reached out to him again. I had something like the Sprint Booster in my R8 and my 07 Pre-LP will definitely benefit from it. I also QUICKLY realized that it needs woken up in the exhaust dept. Both on order from Jason and will be doing a DIY install when the LOC gets here!

Will update with pics and process when it comes. Jason said it could be next week!

·
Registered
146 Posts
get pre cat eliminators or high flow cats.... you will hear the F1 scream.... its awesome!

also the factory cats can cause engine failure with exhaust reversion …… good luck

·
Vendor
2,387 Posts
Just wanted to express thanks to Jason B for all his help. Even before I found the car I wanted, he offered up to help in any way he could in my search.

Now, with my car delivered I reached out to him again. I had something like the Sprint Booster in my R8 and my 07 Pre-LP will definitely benefit from it. I also QUICKLY realized that it needs woken up in the exhaust dept. Both on order from Jason and will be doing a DIY install when the LOC gets here!

Will update with pics and process when it comes. Jason said it could be next week!
Glad to help you out and congrats again on the car. I like making sure people get the "right" car when looking. You're going to love the Loc 5 exhaust and the Sprint booster. If anyone wants a LOC exhaust, etc, call/text me at 717-319-2100 - Sprint booster here:

Gallardo Sprint Booster at Burtman Industries - 5 year warranty and ships 2nd day express

Just sent a LOC to @ADMAN and he will be doing this install soon too :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get pre cat eliminators or high flow cats.... you will hear the F1 scream.... its awesome!

also the factory cats can cause engine failure with exhaust reversion …… good luck

I have hears one more person tell me about Cats failing, but could never find any info after searching. Can you elaborate? It is 'common' or more like the something that has happened a few times and every one talks about it (like frame cracking on R8).

I had a BMW decatted and it smelled terrible. My wife would not even ride in it. Given my car is a Spyder, I dont think I want or need more sound, and I worry about smell.

Glad to help you out and congrats again on the car. I like making sure people get the "right" car when looking. You're going to love the Loc 5 exhaust and the Sprint booster. If anyone wants a LOC exhaust, etc, call/text me at 717-319-2100 - Sprint booster here:

Gallardo Sprint Booster at Burtman Industries - 5 year warranty and ships 2nd day express

Just sent a LOC to @ADMAN and he will be doing this install soon too:)

Thanks Jason!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow talk about good service. This just came today 2 days after ordered!

Going to try to get it put on over the weekend!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quick update. Exhaust is on. I had read what some did, but frankly, I did not understand why they chose to go the way they did. Maybe it is different on a spyder? Anyway, it was very straight-forward.

One thing you will need is some extra vacuum hose. About 3'. Cost me $2 at NAPA. This is so you can just keep all the original plumbing to the valves and not have to butcher anything to make it work.

While I was at is, I took the opportunity to repair a few of the broken tabs on the sub-structure. Even though my car only has 14k miles, I was surprised to see I had a few cracked tabs.

Overall the Gallardo is A LOT easier to get the rear clip off and get back on than the R8. Only part of the job where having 2 people helps greatly.

I left stock cats on and the sound is awesome! Really just makes driving the car even more fun.

Also, Jason promised no drone...and there is zero! Amazing. Just the perfect thing for the car!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dont forget to pick up some vacuum line so you can do the install without butchering the stock system. They need to be extended. I bought 3 feet. you really only need 2 but better safe than sorry.

Good luck!

One good tip was put 2-fender washers under the heat shield that goes on top of the trans. This just gives it a little more stability.

Installation was easy. I was lucky in the fact I did not even need penetrating oil to break my clamps (car only has 14k miles). But exhaust comes with extra clamps if you break them.

I also had to crack the clamps on my cats to get exhaust to line up nicely and then re-torque.

Good luck!

·
Vendor
2,387 Posts
Wow talk about good service. This just came today 2 days after ordered!

Going to try to get it put on over the weekend!

Glad you're happy. Posts like these make me really enjoy what I do. I have a few systems left in stock. If anyone is thinking about an exhaust, this is the one to get and it was designed by Lamborghini techs. Lexus LFA/Carerra GT sound and the other best part that no one thinks about is the 50% reduction in engine heat! Egear lines, transmission, bumper, taillights, all get brittle in these cars over time due to the HEAT! This is an added bonus to keep these cars running uninterrupted for a long time.

Call/text 717-319-2100 to order

Reactions: SW62D
1 - 10 of 10 Posts