Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking for some feedback. Due to the crazy market right now I sold my Gallardo. I picked up a replica 427 cobra this year so only put a few hundred miles on the Gallardo. My plan is/was to wait out the market and in 1.5-2 years pickup something else when the market gets back to normal. Although the plan was to wait I have found myself searching daily for a new car. I have narrowed it down to a few and am pretty set on the v10+.

Cars I am considering:
  • 997 Turbo 6 speed manual
  • 2017+ R8 V10+
  • Possibly TT/SCed Gallardo

I believe 2017+ is when the huracan drivetrain went into the R8 v10+? They came out with the v10+ in 2014? but I believe this was a 560hp engine from the LP Gallardo. A friend told me not to even consider a pre-2017 R8 as the updates to the 17+ are well worth the small cost increase.

I am a big guy (6'4" 270 lbs). I could fit in the Gallardo but ended up doing technocraft CF bucket sets to give me a couple extra inches (did a track day and no way I could fit in the stock heads with a helmet). I DD a 996 C4S for a few years but sold it when I went through a divorce. I feel that car was the best driving car I have ever drove (had a GT3 shifter and some minor mods).

Just looking for some feedback on the search and maybe I am overlooking some cars. My budget is stick under $150k cdn ($110-120k usd).

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
My personal opinion - only if you can get the gated transmission, otherwise its kind of like getting "the next best thing to a Gallardo" to save coin.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you misunderstood but I had a Gallardo and sold it. It drew a lot of attention which was fun for awhile but did end up getting old. I had that car for 6 or 7 years. Unless you were referring to a Huracan? I would consider one but not at a 100+k difference from the r8 v10+ (budget is about 150cdn or 120usd)

All the v10+s will have a DCT. I dont think I would end up back in a Gallardo unless a TT/SCed came up and had the gated shifted. I dont think I would consider a porsche with tip-tronic or pdk and would only consider porsche if a nice 6 speed came up at a decent price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
No I did understand I was just giving my opinion. In my mind even though its newer tech it is still not a Lambo. You have to do what your heart says. My DD is a 6 speed 997 Carrera 4-I have 148k on it and will never sell. My Gallardo will probably be the same-I get attached to my cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 997.1 Turbo manual, owned it for about 8 years and it's a beast of a car, any gear any weather point and shoot the boost is just soooooo addictive and it's quick really really quick (dare I say it here may be quicker then and LP560), the only downsides are there's no event or theatre' and a sports exhaust does not solve this.

I am looking to replace it though with a LP560-4, I fancy a nice free revving 8K rediine V10 whist we can still enjoy them. If I had the space and time to drive both I'd love to keep my 997 turbo . I looked at a R8 before the turbo but could not get myself to buy a 'fast Audi'

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys,

Looking for some feedback. Due to the crazy market right now I sold my Gallardo. I picked up a replica 427 cobra this year so only put a few hundred miles on the Gallardo. My plan is/was to wait out the market and in 1.5-2 years pickup something else when the market gets back to normal. Although the plan was to wait I have found myself searching daily for a new car. I have narrowed it down to a few and am pretty set on the v10+.

Cars I am considering:
  • 997 Turbo 6 speed manual
  • 2017+ R8 V10+
  • Possibly TT/SCed Gallardo

I believe 2017+ is when the huracan drivetrain went into the R8 v10+? They came out with the v10+ in 2014? but I believe this was a 560hp engine from the LP Gallardo. A friend told me not to even consider a pre-2017 R8 as the updates to the 17+ are well worth the small cost increase.

I am a big guy (6'4" 270 lbs). I could fit in the Gallardo but ended up doing technocraft CF bucket sets to give me a couple extra inches (did a track day and no way I could fit in the stock heads with a helmet). I DD a 996 C4S for a few years but sold it when I went through a divorce. I feel that car was the best driving car I have ever drove (had a GT3 shifter and some minor mods).

Just looking for some feedback on the search and maybe I am overlooking some cars. My budget is stick under $150k cdn ($110-120k usd).

Thanks
R8 v10+ is a solid option. I owned one so i can speak from experience (2017). Great car with great head room. Yes, it’s basically a Huracan with some small differences. You’ll love the engine and it’s super reliable (like the Huracan).

If possible make sure you get one with the CF side blades and please choose a colour with good resale value (black, ibis white, daytona gray etc). R8 owners prefer certain colours, the 3 i mentioned are very sought after.

Good luck!

·
Registered
SL #7007
185 Posts
It all depends on your end goal. I traded my R8 V10 for a Superleggera. The R8 is a great car but my end goal was a Superleggera. All three cars you mention are very different. I think you need to really decide on what you want. The Turbo is that great all around car you can hammer and it will always be consistent. The Gen 2 R8 has the DCT, nice interior ans if you get the plus model it’s 610. Then there’s the TT/SC Gallardo that would be nuts but always will have to worry about reliability when you go forced induction. Hard for us to answer what’s best for you. I’d chose a TT/SC Gallardo but that’s just my opinions….. GL

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The V10+ I am interested in I will go and checkout this weekend hopefully. It is a dark black with CF sills (thanks for the feedback on colour choice with the R8 community. Although I dont plan to sell after getting rid of the Gallardo it is always nice to have a desirable colour. Dont plan to sell but better to be in a position to have a lesser loss should anything happen).

If I went porsche turbo it would be a DD and winter vehicle. R8 would be another summer car and the cobra would be that perfect weather only car. I have a hybrid DD for back and forth to work but would most likley sell it if I got a porsche and have a 1 ton truck for bad weather (lots of of snow).

Any additional feedback is welcome. Can anyone confirm when the v10+ got the 610 drivetrain (I believe 2017 but would like confirmation).

Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Eaks, I might be most qualified to answer this question as I've done exactly what you're considering. I had a 2006 Gallardo (Pre-LP) e-gear, sold it and purchased a 2017 R8 V10+

What can I say?

The R8 is by FAR, a better car in every way imaginable. The brakes, the sound, the interior, the transmission, the practicality, the performance .....its not even close.

The only difference is that you don't get as much attention, which after owning the Lambo for a while I kinda got tired of.

If you're considering it, do it. You won't be disappointed.

By the way I'm 6'2" around 240 lbs also.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eaks, I might be most qualified to answer this question as I've done exactly what you're considering. I had a 2006 Gallardo (Pre-LP) e-gear, sold it and purchased a 2017 R8 V10+

What can I say?

The R8 is by FAR, a better car in every way imaginable. The brakes, the sound, the interior, the transmission, the practicality, the performance .....its not even close.

The only difference is that you don't get as much attention, which after owning the Lambo for a while I kinda got tired of.

If you're considering it, do it. You won't be disappointed.

By the way I'm 6'2" around 240 lbs also.
Thanks for the feedback jromaine73. The old Gallardo is sold and like I said I am pretty set on the v10+. I as well grew a bit tired of the attention the gallardo got (not to mention the Cobra seems to get an equal amount of attention on the road). I feel like the pre-lp v10 was one of the best sounding engines I have personally heard (mine was quicksilver exhaust and kline test pipes) but Im sure the R8 wont be too bad. Car I was supposed to look at this weekend is now pending sale (doesn't bother me too much as I would like to hold off as long as I can..Especially with winter right around the corner).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any additional feedback is welcome. Can anyone confirm when the v10+ got the 610 drivetrain (I believe 2017 but would like confirmation).
Yes, it was from 2017 onwards. The R8 did not have a 2016 model in Canada/USA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts