Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O2 sensor extensions (the correct ones with cat material in them) arent enough to keep me from having to clear CELs almost every time I drive my car. I have test pipes installed and its constant. Just to rule it out I replaced them all and of course that made no difference. I also have enough data logging to see that they're fine.

Does anybody offer an ECU tune that isnt marketed to suckers? Eurocharged and fabspeed both want ~$2300, which is honestly absurd. Every heavily modified car I've ever owned has been tuned for ~$500, and it included a bunch of dyno runs. Anyone who has ever modified cars knows that they shouldnt be this expensive to tune. Surely a better solution exists?

I dont expect HP gains from an ECU tune on a stock car, I just want the CELs to stop.

Registered
So a couple things. I'm not cat expert. But the ones with a mini cat in them are still a scam, without flow a cat wont do anything and there isn't really any flow in one of those extensions.

Second, I am surprised by this and also annoyed. I am planning on cat delete as one of my first preventative maintenance items. I was under the impression most people get away with just the extensions. 馃 What types of readings do you see on the rear o2 sensors?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So a couple things. I'm not cat expert. But the ones with a mini cat in them are still a scam, without flow a cat wont do anything and there isn't really any flow in one of those extensions.

Second, I am surprised by this and also annoyed. I am planning on cat delete as one of my first preventative maintenance items. I was under the impression most people get away with just the extensions. 馃 What types of readings do you see on the rear o2 sensors?
The cat material is necessary or it will still pick up a reading that is way too high for what the ECU is looking for and it will give you a CEL every time. Have you ever made a sploof? Same concept. Lol. (Possibly the most ghetto way to describe how these work?) Right now I'm only getting a CEL after a long drive or after it throws a big fireball, which of course, is every drive.

I saw your other thread about your throttle body issue. Let me tell you now: Fix that first. Fix that first. I have the same problem and this car is so embarassing to take anywhere because of how loud it is now. You look like a super-douche sitting at a stoplight revving your engine. Next project for me is to rebuild those. Will be taking apart one of my TBs and seeing what I can do.

I'll try to remember to look at my data logging later. I can just send the excel file to you. Gotta get it off my scanner first.

Reactions: Glumpy3

Registered
08 SL #07008 in Nero Noctis
@Glumpy3 the fabspeed 02 extender/mini cat, that you call a scam, works for my 08 superL with LOC and cat delete pipes (no high flow cats).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys, I get that it works for some people. I've used catless ones, I've used catted ones.

Doesnt work.

Registered
So other than tuning, theres the rear o2 sensor fooler type circuit. My understanding is it just a RC circuit that will damp out the signal to make it look correct.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On my previous gallardo I had a kline test pipes and exhaust. And it had no Cel.
Maybe it's the exhaust valves?

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
It could be a few things. Slowly ruling them out. An o2 code isnt necessarily an o2 sensor. Just figured if it was possible to tune them out and never worry about them again it would be nice. Next step will be to make an O2 simulator. One less variable to worry about when trying to diagnose. Would make for a good how-to post so other people can make one.

Registered
what does this mean? I have a codes because my cats are off. I don't mine the CEL but if they can be removed then I'm all for it.
GFA is the module that has all engine diagnostics. You need a lambo computer to read all of it.we flash the module and turn off those diagnostics for the o2 so the codes dont appear again. Just as people do in newer ecus.

Registered
O2 sensor extensions (the correct ones with cat material in them) arent enough to keep me from having to clear CELs almost every time I drive my car. I have test pipes installed and its constant. Just to rule it out I replaced them all and of course that made no difference. I also have enough data logging to see that they're fine.

Does anybody offer an ECU tune that isnt marketed to suckers? Eurocharged and fabspeed both want ~$2300, which is honestly absurd. Every heavily modified car I've ever owned has been tuned for ~$500, and it included a bunch of dyno runs. Anyone who has ever modified cars knows that they shouldnt be this expensive to tune. Surely a better solution exists?

I dont expect HP gains from an ECU tune on a stock car, I just want the CELs to stop.
Yes, just another example of Lambo Tax at its best ( or worst ), exactly the same process as tuning ANY other car but five times the price!

Registered
if you still need help, pm me. happy to assist.

Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
if you still need help, pm me. happy to assist.
I have the same problem - I hate the near constant CEL - its always P1426

I have a 2006 SE with Fabspeed cats, exhaust & downstream O2 extenders (assumed Fabspeed ones)
Any help or ideas on what I can try would be awesome, I hate driving with a CEL all the time

Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts