Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you allow the dealer to wash the car before delivery. I had two cars where the dealer for some reason after washing polished the car. Car then had halo marks in sunlight

Also who knows who the dealers hire to wash, risk of them putting swirl marks in paint.

I plan on getting expel put on should i just have the installer prep the car instead of dealer.

What do you guys allow the dealer to do for prep

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have always asked the dealer to not prep the outside one bit. (I have found that they like that, since it is less work) Let your PPF guy, do the color correction. I have also seen new cars from dealers with lots of swirl marks.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Normally, if I am buying off the lot, I tell them do not touch it. However, when I go to see mine I want it looking decent so that I can get pictures in the dealership. I will let them know that they do not need to do that much and I am sure they can’t damage it to the point where paint correction can’t handle it. Having said that, if you have Matte paint then I would tell them do not even look at it! I could tell you a horror story about that at another time!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,529 Posts
My preference is to detail the car myself that includes the wash but I have been okay with Charlotte Lamborghini. Though, however diligent the dealerships are I have to spend about 5 hours refining their efforts to elevate it to my standards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts