Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pearl capsule coming soon. It won’t be a daily driver. I definitely am anal about it looking good. Aside from price any major cons with PPF? I’m worried about it trapping dirt underneath and peeling etc. not sure what everyone here recommends. Also will it have to be removed in 5+ years? If so will the paint underneath be worse off??

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,758 Posts
There are so many variables, like what kind of driving do you do and where will you be taking you car. I do not drive on any freeways or major highways. My car never goes out in any kind of bad weather and I only drive it a few times a month. So I did not do any PPF. In fact I haven't done it to any of my last 3. I realize that my situation is different from most. I should mention, I am in Hawaii and there is really no place to go for a long open road drive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I will do very occasional highway driving mostly city roads and probably 3-4 times a month. Never in snow.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Thank you. I will do very occasional highway driving mostly city roads and probably 3-4 times a month. Never in snow.
"highway driving" is exactly why you want it. I've had to have ppf removed from cars in the past due to minor accidents and the paint underneath was never an issue. The installer is the most important part of the equation. I just bought a Civic and had ppf added with ceramic, that's how much I believe in those products. But, I want my cars to look good and some don't care or don't have the time. Your call.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,702 Posts
I feel some protection is advisable but I definitely recommend against full coverage. Presently I do full front, backs of mirrors and rockers. Next car I think I may just do front bumper and rockers. If you opt for a PPF a quality installer is the most critical link in the chain, and even more important than the material i.e., XPEL, Suntek, etc. I have had my last 4 of 5 Sports cars PPFed by a quality installer so there weren't any non-adherent edges, trapping of dirt, etc. NEVER have the dealership or the factory do the PPF. When I have had the dealership do PPFs it was terrible with non-adherent edges, trapped dirt, bubbles, etc.
I have used Suntek Ultra predominately and although it looks great it doesn't take more than a few hundred miles before I see a through and through perforation so next go around I will try XPEL. XPEL is purported to have better barrier properties.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wrap all my cars all the way around. There should be no problem at all with dirt or removing down the road as long as you have a good installer. Lesser installers might glue down edges or just do a poor Jon in general. Make sure to advise against glue or any adhesive.

The PPF not only helps with road debris but minor rubs and door dings for example. Also it is much easier to keep clean and not damage the paint from washing or whatever.

I daily my Urus and this gives me peace of mind.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a full wrap on my LP Gallardo. I really like it as I like to be able to do super quick washes before car shows ect and this way I don't have to worry about paint scratching when cleaning the car. Also it is nice as at car shows you won't worry about people walking by your car and accidently scratching it with jean buttons, ect.

·
Premium Member
18,758 Posts
I usually trade my cars with less than 2k miles on them and I don't see why I should PPF for the dealer who is going to get it. I suppose if I was on the mainland I would feel differently.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I usually trade my cars with less than 2k miles on them and I don't see why I should PPF for the dealer who is going to get it. I suppose if I was on the mainland I would feel differently.
That's smart. You won't get your money back if you are driving it so few miles before giving it up.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,702 Posts
My friend, I have racked up over 1600 miles in two months.

·
Premium Member
18,758 Posts
My friend, I have racked up over 1600 miles in two months.
I am now at 790 miles and it's been about year. I will get to those break-in miles right about the time I sell it.

• Haha
Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,702 Posts
I am now at 790 miles and it's been about year. I will get to those break-in miles right about the time I sell it.
Have you been pulling a Ferris Bueller and running it in reverse?

·
Premium Member
18,758 Posts
You got me Albert!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Certainly not worth it if the car just sits.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I have a full on my urus. Gloss black. No way was I not. My Escalade doesn’t have it at all. Just ceramic. It’s an expensive truck and if your gonna drive it I would. Rock chips ect

1 - 15 of 15 Posts