Lamborghini Talk banner

PPF Decision - Satin Guard / Xpel Stealth or regular (gloss) PPF

868 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Lambo8888
I have a Grigio Lynx Tecnica arriving this Spring that I am planning to get PPF on. The car has the full specs style package with shiny trim and shiny carbon engine cover. (configuration code: AIBO54).

I am not sure if the Satin/Stealth PPF on the painted items will look awkward with the shiny trim and engine cover. Curious to hear if any of you have that combination or have seen cars with shiny trims alongside matte paint? I do like the matte paint look, and it is simply the combination with the shiny trim that makes me worry about regretting the decision....

Separately, for those that have satin PPF, any thoughts on going with Xpel Stealth vs. Satin Guard from Precision Film Technologies?

Thank you for the advice and discussion in helping me make the decision.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2021 EVO RWD SPYDER, 21 M8, 22 X6M, 68 Camaro
81 Posts
I have a Grigio Lynx Tecnica arriving this Spring that I am planning to get PPF on. The car has the full specs style package with shiny trim and shiny carbon engine cover. (configuration code: AIBO54).

I am not sure if the Satin/Stealth PPF on the painted items will look awkward with the shiny trim and engine cover. Curious to hear if any of you have that combination or have seen cars with shiny trims alongside matte paint? I do like the matte paint look, and it is simply the combination with the shiny trim that makes me worry about regretting the decision....

Separately, for those that have satin PPF, any thoughts on going with Xpel Stealth vs. Satin Guard from Precision Film Technologies?

I had a Grigio Lynx Huracan Evo AWD Spyder and did a test of the XPEL Stealth on a door to see how it looked and IMO its too light of a color to go stealth. I ended up wrapping the car a satin red that I got all kinds of compliments on. It was almost exactly like to one on the evo demo that was at all the shows. Can’t remember the real color name. I thought about doing stealth on my current Huracan but it would take away the special about the paint. I love how the red flake hits in the street lights or sun. on a side note, they sure have raised the prices on getting these cars PPF done. I was recently quoted a little over $9k on a spyder and the last time the same shop did it it was like $6k

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I agree that Xpel Stealth does take a fair bit away from the core depth/beauty of the paint and makes it dull. The higher end PPF shop in my area recommended Satin Guard so I was leaning towards that (
)

My worry is that the shiny black trim included in “full spec style package” would be hard to PPF completely without some gloss showing around edges. That “Y” in glass black in front fascia plus rear bumper area are a big piece of the design. Just nervous with getting it wrong to where it may not look nice (or reflective of a ~$14k PPF job). I was curious if others had seen or own matte paint cars with gloss trim, and how that mix resonates.

I would prefer satin look if clean else would go gloss PPF to ensure a neat finish product.

· Registered
581 Posts
I have done lots of satin/matte wraps on my past cars and actually LOVE having some trip pieces etc glossy to contrast with the satin/matte color of the vehicles. search for wraps on my youtube channel and you'll see a bunch of matte/satin wraps on cars I've done in the past and just about all of them have gloss wheels/trim.

· Registered
6 Posts

Hello, I have a Grigio lynx STO with stealth wrap. Couldn’t be happier! The carbon was glossed out, which I think made it pop out nicely with the stealth wrap.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That STO does look amazing! I made the booking and the installer will do a panel in stealth to let me confirm the look, else will go regular PPF. I will post pics once it gets done. Thank you for all the valuable input, it was very helpful!

· Registered
1,252 Posts
I had a Grigio Lynx Huracan Evo AWD Spyder and did a test of the XPEL Stealth on a door to see how it looked and IMO its too light of a color to go stealth. I ended up wrapping the car a satin red that I got all kinds of compliments on. It was almost exactly like to one on the evo demo that was at all the shows. Can’t remember the real color name. I thought about doing stealth on my current Huracan but it would take away the special about the paint. I love how the red flake hits in the street lights or sun. on a side note, they sure have raised the prices on getting these cars PPF done. I was recently quoted a little over $9k on a spyder and the last time the same shop did it it was like $6k
Rosso Mimir
Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts