Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone convert their 91 or 92 Diablo from manual to power steering? Can it be done and how much $ ? Also, what needs to be changed and added?

·
Registered
568 Posts
My mechanic is looking into adding PS to my Jalpa. as talked about Space will be the number one problem.

He is looking at an electric drive pump up front to keep from having lines under the car and adding anything to the engine or the tradditional engine driven pump in the back.

I will let you know what he ends up doing.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
DiabloDude said:
WRONG!! PS was added with the start of the VT in '94. The lifting system was not introduced until '96.
I think the original comment should have been that the PS was added to the VT at the same time as the electronically adjustable Koni shock absorbers.

-mick

·
Registered
4 Posts
gday said:
I think the original comment should have been that the PS was added to the VT at the same time as the electronically adjustable Koni shock absorbers.

-mick
As I am not a mind reader all I can do is go by what was typed. And the statement as typed is wrong.

You are correct with the intro of the electronic adj. shocks.

It doesn't matter realy. Just wanted to point out the error so non-informed readers have the correct info.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
DiabloDude said:
I'll post where and when I see fit and frankly don't care if you find the facts to be boring or droll.

Not here you won't!!!

Cause I'll put a stop to your rudeness and negative attitude faster than a New York minute and frankly this Community has been getting along just fine without you and the rest of the aholes!!

:D

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ltadmin said:
It's not a simple retro.

When PS was added so where the front lift shocks. The PS pump not only ran the Power Rack, it also ran the FLS system.
I've come to learn that nothing is simple with the Diablo. Did anyone have it done or know of anyone? I assume that if you use the stock parts from the 94 you would have to incorporate the lift system? $$$$ and more $$$$. Still, can it be done and any estimate on the cost?

I appreciate the correction, but side with JRV since I live in New York and enjoyed his "New York Minute" comment. :argue:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I was mistaken about PS & Lift System...the 94's didn't have Lift...only the electric sport shock set-up. So the 94 system could be added, leaving the shocks completely out of the picture.

If I err I don't mind being corrected, in fact I would expect it. But not in BLACK BOLD CAPS rudely from a first time poster with a sour bitter attitude. There's absolutely no reason to talk to or treat others that way. Life is to short to spend time & energy being ugly to people in an environment like this. We've created a great, friendly social club here and myself and all the mods and the overwhelming majority of members want to keep it that way. :wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts