Lamborghini Talk banner
301 - 320 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Regeneron pop-up clinics are becoming more prevalent in some states. Apparently there is a surplus of Regeneron so its not due to lack of product.

"In interviews, experts cited a federal government that has not done enough to promote monoclonal antibodies alongside vaccines; logistical issues that can make delivery of the drugs complicated and costly for medical facilities; and the difficulties the pandemic presents for providers of all kinds of medical care."

Regeneron is not a panacea and did not help my cousin although he was on the ventilator already.

Regeneron decreases rate of hospitalization/severe disease if administered ASAP once a patient exhibits symptoms ideally within 7 days.

Also effective prophylactically for the asymptomatic patient at high risk for serious disease ie cancer patient who was exposed to COVID.

Also reduced by 20% the 28-day mortality of people admitted to hospital with COVID-19 whose immune system had not mounted an antibody response, known as seronegative.

Unfortunately no discernible effect in hospitalized patients who had generated natural antibody responses known as seropositive. This makes sense as these patients already make enough antibodies on their own.
Wow, just making that statement is so wrong on so many levels. It shows that the doctors and you are completely clueless on what Regeneron does. It's simple, it stops the virus in its tracks. If the virus has had free run of the body to damage cells for days or weeks, Regeneron isn't going to help you. It doesn't regenerate your body, it kills the virus. How freaking hard is that to understand??? By the time you are on a ventilator, the virus is usually already gone from your body, but the severe damage is done.

People need to know they should take Regeneron as soon as they get Covid, and no, they don't know if Covid will be mild or severe for them, so you can't roll the dice to "wait and see" before you decide to get Regeneron and then expect it to help. Doctors need to learn the same, but in reality, they'll make a lot more money when a machine is ripping up your lungs than if you get a quick IV.
First my cousin was hospitalized in a different state Arizona very early in the pandemic. He was in the hospital for 2 months and suffered 2 strokes and 2 heart attacks. I was not there and don't know the exact sequence the physicians administered Regeneron but my cousin also received Dexamethasone and multiple blood transfusions. Fortunately he was able to walk out of the hospital on his own 2 feet.

Secondly I said the same thing you posted that Regeneron should be administered ASAP.

"Regeneron decreases rate of hospitalization/severe disease if administered ASAP once a patient exhibits symptoms ideally within 7 days.

Also effective prophylactically for the asymptomatic patient at high risk for serious disease ie cancer patient who was exposed to COVID.

Also reduced by 20% the 28-day mortality of people admitted to hospital with COVID-19 whose immune system had not mounted an antibody response, known as seronegative."

Next time calm down and read before you mouth off. Thanks

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hey guys… sorry for the late response and starting WW 4 😀

anyhow, my only beef about how our institutions are handling this pandemic is this…. It’s not data driven. It’s pretty much ‘its my way or the highway’ approach to mandates and treating patients.

case in point… in early January during the start of the pandemic the WHO came out and Tweeted “the Wuhan virus is not contagious from person to person”

ok folks, we have a five alarm fire, coming from the world health organization!!!! In corporate speak, a branding or messaging problem.

they were so concerned about throwing China under the bus… they burned the world down

Sad

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (In Transport!)
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
As we all have heard, Biden is attempting to mandate the vaccine or testing for companies with over 100 employees. Although, I feel the vaccine is prudent, that is, in the absence of natural immunity*, I am vehemently opposed to any mandates. Biden is trampling on the constitution and States rights. Sadly, Biden is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

*in deference to @AngelOfMurci

·
Registered
944 Posts
As we all have heard, Biden is attempting to mandate the vaccine or testing for companies with over 100 employees. Although, I feel the vaccine is prudent, that is, in the absence of natural immunity*, I am vehemently opposed to any mandates. Biden is trampling on the constitution and States rights. Sadly, Biden is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

*in deference to @AngelOfMurci
Going forward, irrelevant of how the covid pandemic ends… the CDC and FDA have now been politicized. Look for the next administration to promptly remove HEALTH officials that don’t tow their rope. SAD. Also, since the CDC can now invoke any law under the cloak of health care, look for the CDC to reign over everything. What’s next? CDC will ban companies that don’t appease the global warming gods from The Hague. They will ban firearms, etc. They know best. Since they are scientists and not politicians… wink, wink.

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
I still highly encourage vaccination given that there are still a lot of land mines out there. See post #19, in the thread below, and above all, Stay Safe!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I still highly encourage vaccination given that there are still a lot of land mines out there. See post #19, in the thread below, and above all, Stay Safe!

Puts it all in perspective

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
Puts it all in perspective
Absolutely. On or around the 20th of September the booster should become available to the general population. The wife and I will partake and hopefully others will see their way clear to do the same. In my humble opinion, getting vaccinated is the best option for our safety and the safety of our loved ones.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Absolutely. On or around the 20th of September the booster should become available to the general population. The wife and I will partake and hopefully others will see their way clear to do the same. In my humble opinion, getting vaccinated is the best option for our safety and the safety of our loved ones.
This and to travel the likelihood of proof of vaccination is very real.
We are on our way to Iceland and the hoops for relevant tests both to enter Iceland and enter the United States makes it a necessity. Coming into contact with someone infected a week before could have catastrophic effects. It’s like we huddled in our house for a week just so we could keep safe from exposure.

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
^^True the "vaccine" passport is going to be required no doubt. We have already uploaded the vaccine card on our iPhones in anticipation of that eventuality.
BTW, Enjoy your trip to Iceland, man that sounds pretty cool!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
^^True the "vaccine" passport is going to be required no doubt. We have already uploaded the vaccine card on our iPhones in anticipation of that eventuality.
BTW, Enjoy your trip to Iceland, man that sounds pretty cool!
Thank you
Bucket list trip
I will start a new thread
350,000 people
450,000 sheep
Active volcanos
Iceburgs
Geysers
How can you go wrong?

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
We look forward to the thread and LOTS of pictures...........

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,130 Posts
Thank you
Bucket list trip
I will start a new thread
350,000 people
450,000 sheep
Active volcanos
Iceburgs
Geysers
How can you go wrong?
I would have to buy a jacket! But sounds like fun.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Vaccine passport in effect today for restaurants/gyms/theaters/museums yada yada. Uploaded my VAX card and downloaded my QR code for my wife and I.

I am required to have the QR code scanned today at my beach club when I go for a surf afterwork.

Getting a little Orwellian around here.

·
Registered
944 Posts
and the latest from the world’s largest covid natural immunity study… natural immunity for getting covid is now determined to be 27 times more protective than the vaccine.

The world should immediately give covid natural immunity Passports to everyone that’s gotten covid and survived. In fact, those with covid natural immunity should be given VIP access to everything, since they are far superior than vaccinated and unvaccinated minions.

P.s.
Just the other day, Master Fauci was asked about the level of natural immunity provided… he said “I don’t know much about it”

WTH

and you guys wonders why people don’t trust our government and health officials

Good luck to all of us!

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
^^All valid points and I don’t think anyone will attempt to challenge your argument. Though, if we concede natural immunity is superior, will you concede that attempting to get said immunity can result in one-way ticket to Valhalla?
Oh yeah, BTW, very few, if any of us, trust the government. ;)

·
Registered
801 Posts
and the latest from the world’s largest covid natural immunity study… natural immunity for getting covid is now determined to be 27 times more protective than the vaccine.

The world should immediately give covid natural immunity Passports to everyone that’s gotten covid and survived. In fact, those with covid natural immunity should be given VIP access to everything, since they are far superior than vaccinated and unvaccinated minions.
This.

Just got notice that the Vaccine will be required to go to Turks and Caicos so....we are cancelling that trip and scheduling one to Jamaica or Mexico. Much less exotic, but it will still be fun (and cheaper, lol). Wife and I had Covid over the holidays and are still testing positive for antibodies. Really sad that natural immunity is 100% dismissed. Regardless of your opinion on the vaccine, that simple fact should really make you wonder.

@Lambo2018, I will definitely concede your point that an attempt to get natural immunity can result in death....but I just look at the odds, just like anything in life. There was a chance I didn't make it to work today, but I still climbed into my truck and took the chance. I'm not saying this is how it should work for everyone, and you have been more than forthright in your opinion that we should be able to choose, I'm just throwing out my very simple minded approach to this whole situation.

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
@REKIII, I understand your point of view, and I know you know this but for the benefit of our forum members...............If we each make a choice and that choice only affects us then that is reasonable but if our choice potentially can adversely affect other people as well as our loved ones then it is a different matter entirely. Thus, we each have to wrestle with this dilemma and do what makes the most sense to us based upon our values and past experiences. Weighing all the pros and cons I have decided that vaccinating is the only way to fly........no pun intended. ;)

Reactions: REKIII

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,130 Posts
@REKIII, I understand your point of view, and I know you know this but for the benefit of our forum members...............If we each make a choice and that choice only affects us then that is reasonable but if our choice potentially can adversely affect other people as well as our loved ones then it is a different matter entirely. Thus, we each have to wrestle with this dilemma and do what makes the most sense to us based upon our values and past experiences. Weighing all the pros and cons I have decided that vaccinating is the only way to fly........no pun intended. ;)
For me it is simple, it’s a no brainer. I got the shot, didn’t like the odds.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
In case you missed my post in another thread I now know someone who has passed due to complications from Covid and not being vaccinated…my mother-in-law. It took her out in less than 10 days. The virus exaggerated her underlying issues and she couldn’t recover. The family is devastated and one of her daughters went from being an anti-vaxxer to getting the shot in about 3 days. I hope all of u stay safe cause this is no joke.

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #320 ·
In case you missed my post in another thread I now know someone who has passed due to complications from Covid and not being vaccinated…my mother-in-law. It took her out in less than 10 days. The virus exaggerated her underlying issues and she couldn’t recover. The family is devastated and one of her daughters went from being an anti-vaxxer to getting the shot in about 3 days. I hope all of u stay safe cause this is no joke.
Again, my condolences but just as an FYI I have seen other people succumb to COVID without significant underlying medical conditions. That sort of gets ones attention in a real hurry.

301 - 320 of 428 Posts