Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
My car arrived a few weeks ago and I was SHOCKED to see the amount of swirls. I took it immediately to get paint correction and PPF. Unfortunately, most dealers aren't going to be skilled enough to perform a proper polish or even a basic wash.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (In Transport!)
7,438 Posts
My car arrived a few weeks ago and I was SHOCKED to see the amount of swirls. I took it immediately to get paint correction and PPF. Unfortunately, most dealers aren't going to be skilled enough to perform a proper polish or even a basic wash.
Agree, the dealership techs have no detailing skills or even a clue about which end of the wheel brush is up. I hope you had the dealership foot the cost of the paint correction.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Following up with some updates on my ridiculous paint issue: apparently the dealer said the factory cannot send a prepainted matching hood without running the risk of it potentially not matching the rest of the body color. Their only proposed resolution is to use a local certified lambo paint shop to repaint the hood for me. I’m at a total loss given the car is new and hasn’t even been driven by me (sitting at 77mi odometer!). What do you guys think? Should I accept this proposal and ask for a (great) deal on it, since I’m essentially buying a defective product and still bear the risk of it affecting resale value and paint peeling off later? Alternatively, should I return the car to them and reverse the purchase (they’ll have to compensate me for insurance I’ve paid too)? To be honest, I don’t want to wait another few months for a custom spec’d car to arrive (I bought this one off the lot).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Following up with some updates on my ridiculous paint issue: apparently the dealer said the factory cannot send a prepainted matching hood without running the risk of it potentially not matching the rest of the body color. Their only proposed resolution is to use a local certified lambo paint shop to repaint the hood for me. I’m at a total loss given the car is new and hasn’t even been driven by me (sitting at 77mi odometer!). What do you guys think? Should I accept this proposal and ask for a (great) deal on it, since I’m essentially buying a defective product and still bear the risk of it affecting resale value and paint peeling off later? Alternatively, should I return the car to them and reverse the purchase (they’ll have to compensate me for insurance I’ve paid too)? To be honest, I don’t want to wait another few months for a custom spec’d car to arrive (I bought this one off the lot).

FWIW, I would unwind the deal without giving it a second thought but it's your call........not to confident they will reimburse you for the insurance but give it a shot.

·
Registered
370 Posts
As the hood is metal, how is the paint applied at the factory? Is it baked on, or simply sprayed? I would be talking to as many experts as I could to get the best opinions, and decide from there.

I hear the issues about it not matching the fenders, etc. Yeah, I’d be concerned about resale, too.

It is very unfortunate Lamborghini have put you in this position. Tough call, but on a new exotic? I’d probably walk.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would walk. You bought a new car, you should get a car without paintwork. I am sure they can repaint it well but knowing it’s there is the issue for me.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Take back your coin and buy a new Lambo with no major paint issues. It will always bother you and upon resale any astute buyer with a paint meter will detect discrepancies and your car will get a reputation as a "storied" car.

·
Registered
944 Posts

If you decide to get it repainted, use it as leverage... get a few thousand in upgrades OR service discounts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks to everyone for all the input. I went to the dealer today to return the car to them. Guess what - they’ve given me the worst attitude I’ve ever experienced with an auto dealer (and mind you, this dealer sells, other than Lambos, Astons, McLarens, Bentleys, etc). They said they won’t take it back because it’s been titled. The General Manager also outright blamed me, the customer, for not spotting the paint defect right away when the car was still sitting in the showroom while I was shopping for the car (so it’s my fault for not sending my car to my PPF shop/detailer to get a professional inspection before signing papers?). This is just absolutely absurd to me. In the entire process he did not show the basic decency and respect to even acknowledge that this is their fault (they did 2 pre-delivery inspections putting ~36mi on the car). My salesperson on Wednesday told me that the factory wouldn’t send a painted hood, and on the other hand today, when I made clear that I would like to return the car, the General Manager promised to contact Lamborghini NA on Monday to see if they can get a new hood from the factory for me (in my opinion, the lack of consistency/professionalism here is embarassing). Oh, and my SO was in there with me the entire time, and he didn’t even offer to bring us an additional chair for both of us to sit down so we ended up standing the entiretime lol. He’s basically forced me to give his 2 days of time so that he could contact Lamborghini NA on Monday and give me a response by EOD Monday. Again, I have NOT driven the car at all yet. All the excitement from the purchase has turned into a complete headache now.

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
@blnwht, I would start a new thread and name the dealership and all the parties you spoke with and be as factual as you can be and see what happens. Even if they do not do the right thing they are going to get less business from the members of this forum, and at the same time you can help other forum members now and in the future. Again, I am sorry to hear this and this is not a professional organization. One other thing when the car was in the showroom did you take pictures or are there pictures still on the dealerships webpage? If so you can prove said defect was present prior to you taking possession of the vehicle. As recommended above I would consult with a "good" attorney and he or she will best know the state laws as it relates to car sales and provide some insight and assistance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
sorry to hear this is happening to you, your handling this better than i would i think, is thia a lemon law thing ???

·
Registered
204 Posts
@blnwht, I would start a new thread and name the dealership and all the parties you spoke with and be as factual as you can be and see what happens. Even if they do not do the right thing they are going to get less business from the members of this forum, and at the same time you can help other forum members now and in the future. Again, I am sorry to hear this and this is not a professional organization. One other thing when the car was in the showroom did you take pictures or are there pictures still on the dealerships webpage? If so you can prove said defect was present prior to you taking possession of the vehicle. As recommended above I would consult with a "good" attorney and he or she will best know the state laws as it relates to car sales and provide some insight and assistance.
Yes time to open the can up and be public. Stop holding back on these people. It is in the interest of customers to know the details and location.

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Unfortunate OP paid for a brand new example of an EVO, and as @surfah put it wound up with a "storied car". Hope he manages to negotiate a more favorable outcome........

·
Registered
370 Posts
Time to seek legal advice. What they’ve done is completely unprofessional and immoral. The question is whether it’s illegal.

They delivered a defective car to you with significantly diminished value and left you no good options. Certainly call them out and see what your legal options are.

I’m not a lawyer and hope to God I never experience what you have, but unfortunately it happens to the best of us. What may sound like an open and shut case (e.g., you took delivery) may not be, especially as they acknowledged the defect and previously offered to address it, including taking the car back.

My wife’s first car’s odometer was rolled back by the dealer, I discovered it and they denied it, but I couldn’t prove it. A year later they were caught in a massive rollback scam and were convicted and paid heavy fines and forced to sell the dealership.

What goes around comes around. Sorry for your bad luck.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
340 Posts
Yep, time to post the dealer so we can avoid this dealer at all costs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Definitely get a lawyer, you shouldn't have to accept a car with major defects on it requiring a paint job, the dealer CAN take the car back and re-sell it without any issues once they paint the hood, they are just being an a**hole about it. Unfortunately, it's nothing new with this dealer and many others, no one cares about customer service these days, your lawyer can first just send them a letter and giving them time to resolve the matter nicely by taking the car back, then file the lawsuit for various damages including punitive and compensatory. Once any paintwork is done on any new car and it gets reported on the carfax, the value of the car is dropped, a lawyer can come up with many ways to hit these guys up for damages. And once the lawsuit is actually filed, they are going to settle, trust me on that as the cost to get a lawyer from their side and drag this and go in front of a judge will screw them big time. You may end up keeping the car and settling for a huge amount to make it worth it, you never know. You can also file a complaint with Lamborghini North American, I believe this is the number: (866) 681-6276 take the opportunity and make some money on this, you just got a lambo for a lot cheaper, but have to be patient through the process and go all the way. It's worth spending the money on the lawyer, the results will be in your favor.

Be careful posting anything negative that's not factual about the dealer as they can sue you back for defamation.

·
Registered
763 Posts
This is terrible. Yes, post the dealer's name, they messed up big time by not standing behind a NEW product they were selling. Obviously a defect from the factory if the paint gauge (it's actually a meter nowadays, no longer a gauge) shows that it's at OEM specs.

I have to also concur, the painting is not really that good on these cars. I took a private factory tour 3 years ago (met with engineers, etc) and as a detailer in a prior life, some of what I'd seen had been shocking. Also, generally, panels are painted separately, then put together at the factory. That means that depending on the day, etc... you'll have panels of different thicknesses and a lot can go wrong between paint, delivery and assembly. BUT it's not as bad as some other brands, it just doesn't have the uniformity of say a Lexus or a Rolls Royce.

You made a good choice to return it, they made a bad choice NOT to make the process as seamless as possible.

On a side note, it does turn out that cars do get repainted at the "port" due to shipping damage/scratches and THESE repaints do NOT need to be disclosed to the buyer. This is the case with BMWs, etc. It's once it leaves the port that it becomes a grey area. (Not that this was the case here, just an interesting fact).

DO NOT keep the car, you'll never make up for the issues due to a repaint down the road.

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
On a side note, it does turn out that cars do get repainted at the "port" due to shipping damage/scratches and THESE repaints do NOT need to be disclosed to the buyer. This is the case with BMWs, etc. It's once it leaves the port that it becomes a grey area. (Not that this was the case here, just an interesting fact).
Didn't know that........seems that would be a real sleazy, sneaky move by a car manufacturer.........so it's probably true.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts